Sign in to follow this  
davidlkl

Business Bank Account

Kinda late to the game and my company was only incorporated this year June. Most of the High Street banks are not open to new business bank account applications due to Covid, so I tried opening a business account with Tide and Starling. However, both online banks rejected the application citing "businesses in certain industries can't currently be on-boarded". 

Any idea what are my options to get a business bank account from here? 

Have you tried Santander?  Friend of mine got the runaround elsewhere after a couple of months of trying, in the end, went there and said they were really helpful.  

Might have something to do with the large wedge he transferred in - I dunno.  Good luck!

According to their website, it says they're not accepting new business account applications. Are there exceptions? Tried Barclays and they told me to call their business line but no one answered the call even after waiting for 3 hours 

I was kind of in the same boat when I started in June. I tried co op and it took a week to even acknowledge the application! In the end I opened up a mettle account with NatWest. Pretty pleased with it so far

None of them are accepting new applications, kinda stuck using Transferwise. Appreciate any advice

I applied for my business bank account with HSBC on 17th Sept and still waiting :(

Called them last week and they said there is nothing they can do, and application is in the queue. Not sure it’s going to help the country get back on its feet if it takes so long to simply open a bank account.