Sign in to follow this  
XDR

Advice needed - Auction Lemon

Good Evening All,

I need some advice as on this rare occasion I feel BCA are trying to pull the wool over my eyes.

Bought a vehicle from Walsall (Audi Q7) not assured. However went to collect the vehicle today and noticed the following 

1) All tyres are flat / blatantly moved around with no air, so the metal rim has cut them all through - site managers response “they weren’t holding air, so we just moved it as is”.

2) The battery was completely dead, and no matter which jump / booster used it wouldn’t tick over - I told the site manager I’m no way taking it unless it fires up - as for all I know it’s a non runner? (On the pics it shows the car running)

His response back was “well there isn’t an assured report, so it’s sold as seen” however I’ve said to him I won’t take it unless I can hear it, or they should have sold it as a non runner? 

Surely when buying online, we deserve some assurance regardless (it’s not like I bidded on it live in the hall?). I’m going on their description / disclosure. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve bought cars (some assured) in the past and not bothered them with petty repairs. But this one surely is taking the p*ss? 

Your opinions on what would be the right point of action is welcomed 

Thanks in advance 

Edited by XDR

I’d be kicking off with that aswell mate, if it’s a non runner it’s their issue. I mean look at the issue with the x5 I sold through central that didn’t start afterwards.

That’s a good one,prepare for the runaround.Which vendor section was it in as some have non runner sections.I would be taking photos of where it stands now.I would then get the BCA guy to confirm by email that it was sold as seen.Later on you could request a copy of the online description and photos from the catalogue and ask to hear the recording.They probably won’t help but you will have proof that you asked.Keep us informed and don’t give in.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, XDR said:

Good Evening All,

I need some advice as on this rare occasion I feel BCA are trying to pull the wool over my eyes.

Bought a vehicle from Walsall (Audi Q7) not assured. However went to collect the vehicle today and noticed the following 

1) All tyres are flat / blatantly moved around with no air, so the metal rim has cut them all through - site managers response “they weren’t holding air, so we just moved it as is”.

2) The battery was completely dead, and no matter which jump / booster used it wouldn’t tick over - I told the site manager I’m no way taking it unless it fires up - as for all I know it’s a non runner? (On the pics it shows the car running)

His response back was “well there isn’t an assured report, so it’s sold as seen” however I’ve said to him I won’t take it unless I can hear it, or they should have sold it as a non runner? 

Surely when buying online, we deserve some assurance regardless (it’s not like I bidded on it live in the hall?). I’m going on their description / disclosure. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve bought cars (some assured) in the past and not bothered them with petty repairs. But this one surely is taking the p*ss? 

Thanks in advance 

My view is the car needs to be running before I except it on site. are policy is to buy assured not worth much but at least this is covered if a total none runner on arrival. 

Morning folks,

I’ve spoken to the chap on site - I’ve given him until Friday to “trickle charge” the battery.

Ive told him, only will I make the journey to collect if he can confirm the car starts up (and will start up on site). 

If not, I’ll outright reject it, and want my money back.

@trade vet I’ve taken your pointers on board, and will mention this with him on the next phone call

There was a guy kicking off when I was picking up from measham last week because the car he was collecting was smoking badly and wasn’t declared at sale.

Manager was telling him the same, sold as seen, and was saying the vendor had driven the car into site without any issues.

• Like 1

I'm going through all this drama at the moment, with a knackered Merc autobox - knackered on arrival with me. BCA are a joke , more than happy to work a car into you and claim no knowledge and Sold as Seen and let the vendors get way with it too.

23 hours ago, XDR said:

Good Evening All,

Thanks in advance 

Im reporting them to trading standards with a few of my own issues please do the same the more reports the better

23 hours ago, XDR said:

Good Evening All,

Thanks in advance 

make sure if the vehicle gets started up that you get 4 new tyres out of them

21 hours ago, NacMan said:

Im reporting them to trading standards with a few of my own issues please do the same the more reports the better

make sure if the vehicle gets started up that you get 4 new tyres out of them

dont forget the free mats too then:huh:

Got off the dog to a mate of mine has an ongoing drama at Bedford (?) BCA.

.... when collecting a 16 plate Focus with low miles.....with the not so rare air cooled engine, 7k car broken engine.....computer says no attitude from the staff to the point where he is going legal now......he isn't the sort to piss about, broke a tooth on a sandwich from ADSA and went all the way wheb they shrugged it off, it's sport for him. 

Ironically he has a stocking loan thru BCA, or at least I think he has still....not sure how this is going to go.....fucked and blatantly misrepresentated BCA car, bought by BCA:D

.... yes I know its not that simple

1 hour ago, Frank Cannon said:

Got off the dog to a mate of mine has an ongoing drama at Bedford (?) BCA.

.... when collecting a 16 plate Focus with low miles.....with the not so rare air cooled engine, 7k car broken engine.....computer says no attitude from the staff to the point where he is going legal now......he isn't the sort to piss about, broke a tooth on a sandwich from ADSA and went all the way wheb they shrugged it off, it's sport for him. 

Ironically he has a stocking loan thru BCA, or at least I think he has still....not sure how this is going to go.....fucked and blatantly misrepresentated BCA car, bought by BCA:D

.... yes I know its not that simple

Additional claim for interest incurred from a BCA stocking loan,I like that.    
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Just looked up The National Association of Motor Auctions who I had forgotten about whose chairperson now appears to be Stuart Pearson of BCA Ex Bedford and Derby and from memory and a very nice guy.Another guy on the committee is Chris Beckett of East Anglia M/A who I have never met who would submit commission bids for me long ago and is also a very nice guy.Interestingly you will see they have a Code of Practice and a Customer Charter and a Conciliation Service for dealing with disputes.

All these horror stories of late appear to be in breach of regulations they have signed up to.I would say all good ammunition when claiming.

• Like 1