BennyT

Car prices by area/location

Hi Guys,

I'm very new to the forum and have been using this great resource to help put a business plan together. I am planning on getting back into car sales - after an 18 year break! Yes I know, you may think I'm mad but, I've always enjoyed cars and think its time to get back into something that I love.

Anyway, I am interested in every ones opinion as to car pricing - especially pricing in regards to location/area. Now, whilst doing my research I have noticed that many car prices do vary quite a bit depending on the location that they are being advertised. For example, I can do a vehicle search and see that if I limit my search radius to say 100 miles, a selection of vehicles can be priced at £6000. However, if I were to say increase the distance to 150 - 200 miles, I can see that similar spec/age vehicles can be up to £1000 less. That is quite a difference.

So my question to you guys is, do you take note of what is available within a certain distance of your location when pricing your cars? Or, as the internet is available to almost anyone and many potential customers have access to see prices from the whole country, do you tend to try and price your vehicles in relation to what's available on a wider scale?

Interested in your thoughts.

Ben

ben dont hope to get a real  advice here as the admin seems like wont the  new dealers gets a real support and advises   here 

New dealers are very welcome, as I've pointed out in previous threads. However, it is up to the members if they want to respond, not us administrators. We've simply moved these questions into their own section to avoid clogging up the forum with FAQs, as requested by our members.

You'll know if they want to help if they answer a thread...

different cars are more desirable in different area's for instance 4x4's are more desirable in Scotland and wales especially in the winter, automatics in London etc etc

• Like 1

to answer your question ,you price the vehicle to what the market will pay