Sign in to follow this  
Beautiful South Martin

Ebay Motors Group new platform

Just recently switched over to the new ebay  motors group platform incorporating EB/GT & Motors. I have a problem in so much as when I put a £ sign in the car description copy it replaces it with &pound making the advert look ridiculous. Reported it to the rep who has said " I believe the pound sign in the descriptions is not a showing up correctly, because its considered an invalid character on ebay. It might be best to avoid putting any prices in the descriptions."

2 things firstly it is fine in the Motors and gumtree copy so why only ebay? and secondly as I quote monthly payments in the description and also was/now prices I want the £ sign in. Sounds very much a case of the rep can't be bothered her arse to look into it further. So my question is to all you guys who have the new Ebay group platform anyone have the same issue. My direct feed comes straight off AA cars and they are adamant the problem is not at their side. Any help would be appreciated.

Ebay doesnt like money mentioned in text hence why it shows the html error, same goes for any advert not just cars. Only thing you can do is put 1,000 pounds or 1,000 gbp 

Only thing is Tom it was fine on the old ebay system Ive done it for years and also why is ok on Gumtree and Motors, all seems a bit odd....its getting on my nerves more than anything + the rep is no help whatsoever...Thanks anyway.

I think you will find quite a few issues on the new platform! 
There are lots of things that don’t work as well- I’ve been trying for months to get sorted. To be honest I’ve given up. 

2 hours ago, Beautiful South Martin said:

Only thing is Tom it was fine on the old ebay system Ive done it for years and also why is ok on Gumtree and Motors, all seems a bit odd....its getting on my nerves more than anything + the rep is no help whatsoever...Thanks anyway.

Obviously working on gumtree and motor's shows its ebay themselves they also don't like the word covid in adverts. I've come off the platform now anyway its garbage. 

3 hours ago, Tom said:

Obviously working on gumtree and motor's shows its ebay themselves they also don't like the word covid in adverts. I've come off the platform now anyway its garbage. 

Right there been trying them out last 6 months and the figures are rubbish. I believe Facebook market place gets more sales but yet again auto trader is the place to be and yes they do charge a lot but it works