metcars

How are we finding buying at the 'block' these days?

On 10/9/2020 at 9:21 PM, trade vet said:

Just tell them you no longer want it,provisional means provisional both ways.Its a bit like when an auctioneer mistakingly bangs down the hammer on your bid then says ‘provisional’.In that case it’s not provisional and you have bought it as hammer down is a contract.What usually happens then is you tell the auctioneer that you will let him off and he owes you a favour.

Yes, correct, little known part of auction buying.... I've had colleges not buy cars became of the "what if that one comes" and they would be over spent. 

I 'usually' find if it don't come within the hour, well then there are gold bars in the boot.

..... end of 1/4 gets some good results but not too practical to buy that way :D

Things could be about to get difficult again after tomorrow. With Boris thought to announce non essential businesses in hard hit Covid area’s to be forced to close. Guessing this will include auction houses again.

1 hour ago, Lakeside said:

Things could be about to get difficult again after tomorrow. With Boris thought to announce non essential businesses in hard hit Covid area’s to be forced to close. Guessing this will include auction houses again.

That could be good news for doorsteppers again.

2 hours ago, Lakeside said:

When you say hard hit areas you mean everywhere?

10 hours ago, metcars said:

When you say hard hit areas you mean everywhere?

:lol::lol:

18 hours ago, Lakeside said:

Auction houses again ? in march when the first lockdown hit prices went through the roof

6 hours ago, justina3 said:

Auction houses again ? in march when the first lockdown hit prices went through the roof

Will do again I think, greed n fright, supply and demand.....nothing changes. 

But if the prices go up, the prices go up don’t they. I mean, supply and demand works both ways? The price increase goes on the sale price, doesn’t it? The problem for us is whether CAP/Glasses can keep up?

Is it just me or do prices seem to be settling back down (Aston Barclay)? 

1 hour ago, Martin F said:

Is it just me or do prices seem to be settling back down (Aston Barclay)? 

Depends if you want something with good spec or not ?

watch the next merc sale they will do their money. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

Depends if you want something with good spec or not ?

watch the next merc sale they will do their money. 

That’s very true. I would imagine the last sale ever before a nuclear disaster and the mercs will make way over book!

I don't know about the rest of you guys but the state of the current stock is incredible, minging cabins beyond belief on a lot of gear:(.....one would think with the current health drama they be a little cleaner inside, maybe just me:D

1 hour ago, Frank Cannon said:

I don't know about the rest of you guys but the state of the current stock is incredible, minging cabins beyond belief on a lot of gear:(.....one would think with the current health drama they be a little cleaner inside, maybe just me:D

I don’t think bca are cleaning their cars? Other than maybe a quick jet wash on the outside. Majority of stuff I’ve picked up recently is filthy inside.

Manage to buy 5 this week, quite happy with that.

1 hour ago, Lakeside said:

I don’t think bca are cleaning their cars? Other than maybe a quick jet wash on the outside. Majority of stuff I’ve picked up recently is filthy inside.

They never have done bar a bucket of water thrown over them and a quick hoover but, I was referring to my PX'sB) 

Edited by Frank Cannon