James Baggott

What used cars to avoid?

8 hours ago, Lakeside said:

I thought the 1.9’s were the Fiat JTD engine?

No. Trafic, Vivaro, Primastar all used the Renault 1.9dCi F9Q engine until 2006.

3 hours ago, BHM said:

:lol: Transits are dog shit

At least it will get nicked before it breaks down though:lol:

I think genuinely the only good vans are vw’s but I still bought a Fiat Ducato for myself because it’s cheaper and not that bad bar a few annoying electrical gremlins

I think the totally untrendy and, slightly agricultural Masters are the best of a bad bunch according to my garage.

They look after a few fleets of totally hammered for a living vans.....Transits, Grafters, Sprinters and a few Masters....every time I go for a ticket they are hoofing new lumps in one of that first trio, or have wiring hanging out of them like Dr Who 60s Tardis. 

I drove a 16 plate Master with 200k up it before Christmas and it was good drive still, out of that into a 19 plate 'Tyranny' and Jesus H Christ it was soooooo slow with an interior that was disassembling itself as I drove along....the build was shocking. Had a nose around another even worse, where and by whom are these things built, Russian farm peasants. 

The Masters are eating rear door mechanisms, few injectors (what doesn't nowadays) the odd ignition switch but, I'd rather change those than a mill

Edited by Frank Cannon

Nobody has mentioned Citreon's yet :D Had a mobile mech come over to do some work on my dads car and he was in a Berlingo, which I thought was strange. So asked him "why?" - Response, "best van I've had in all the years I've been mobile! 300k on the clock and all i do is service it on time with quality parts" :huh:

He said he'd had them all, Combo, Connect, Caddy, Courier etc

6 minutes ago, LSP Vehicles said:

Nobody has mentioned Citreon's yet :D Had a mobile mech come over to do some work on my dads car and he was in a Berlingo, which I thought was strange. So asked him "why?" - Response, "best van I've had in all the years I've been mobile! 300k on the clock and all i do is service it on time with quality parts" :huh:

He said he'd had them all, Combo, Connect, Caddy, Courier etc

It must of been the old Mk1 Berlingo, it certainly can’t be the Mk2!

1 hour ago, BHM said:

That's the thing, was defo a MK2!!

But then they can't be worse than those dreadful Caddy vans, even they fail to live up to VeeDubya's low standards. 

5 hours ago, BHM said:

Great old buses those early Berlingos, we did a few of those when on the south coast, 1.9s and 2.0 HDi. 

4 hours ago, LSP Vehicles said:

That's the thing, was defo a MK2!!

F*** off! I don’t believe you!! :lol:

1 hour ago, BHM said:

F*** off! I don’t believe you!! :lol:

Hahaha he's over again next week, I shall post proof:D

2 hours ago, Frank Cannon said:

But then they can't be worse than those dreadful Caddy vans, even they fail to live up to VeeDubya's low standards. 

Great old buses those early Berlingos, we did a few of those when on the south coast, 1.9s and 2.0 HDi. 

You say that Frank, but that's all people want at the mo! Especially the Maxi! My cousin can't get hold of enough of the DSG's . I'm keeping it simple and stick with the manuals at the mo but even those don't hang a round very long.

Although had one last week where the head had crack. Most annoying thing ever, all you have to to is keep an eye on your oil/water, they even tell you when to change/top up!!!!

12 hours ago, LSP Vehicles said:

Hahaha he's over again next week, I shall post proof:D

You say that Frank, but that's all people want at the mo! Especially the Maxi! My cousin can't get hold of enough of the DSG's . I'm keeping it simple and stick with the manuals at the mo but even those don't hang a round very long.

Although had one last week where the head had crack. Most annoying thing ever, all you have to to is keep an eye on your oil/water, they even tell you when to change/top up!!!!

Absolutely agree with you there, Caddys sell like hotcakes, I just prefer an easy life:D

• Like 1

On 10/5/2020 at 5:55 PM, Dave2302 said:

Powershits are OK when you know exactly how to fix 'em, 9 times outta 10 it costs me less than a fiver in parts ;)

Top secret ......................

Shhhhhhhhh ......................

I don't mind tellin' ya'all now since I don't have the Transmission firm any more ...................

New "Brushes" in the Servo Motors ......................

We used to get some right good earners outta them back in their hey day ;)

Does that include the wet box in the old shape Mondeos / S-Max / Galaxy ? 

Cheers 

On 1/21/2021 at 2:36 PM, twerp said:

Does that include the wet box in the old shape Mondeos / S-Max / Galaxy ? 

Yes !!

• Like 1

WHEN I GET ASKED WHAT TO BUY NEXT I SAY LEXUS OR ANYTHING DESIGNED BEFORE 2005  (WITH SOME EXCEPTIONS...) AS THEY WERE BUILT BETTER ....