David Horgan

£12,995 car , offer via email £9,200

Got this offer just come in via email 

Hi its Colin here 

I can make you an offer of £9,200 ?

My question guys and girls is how would you answer ??????????????

I know its a waste of time answering but its raining here cats n dogs and I'm bored .

When I'm bored I might be very rude to Colin :angry: or at least immensely sarcastic 

• Haha 1

its only a third reduction,you car dealers are all the same:angry::angry::angry:

we all know you get all your cars for free from the candy man

Tell him your not breaking it to sell it for parts . And will hold out for a buyer to buy the complete thing ..  

Edited by Casper

Very easy, sent them a personalised video of the car about 2/3 minutes explain how nice your car is and the fact that they need to have realistic expectations of what their budget will buy them. Not a slagging one but just a professional reply! Converted a couple of deals last month but they weren’t being as silly but fi I hadn’t bothered or simply sent silly reply back I’d have lost them!

Good luck! Can’t win them all but if you don’t try you’ll never know.

• Like 3

I replied to one like this the other day, his comment was I can pay £9000 cash (the car was £14000) so I sent him the finance figures for borrowing £5k , not heard back from him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, umesh said:

Very easy, sent them a personalised video of the car about 2/3 minutes explain how nice your car is and the fact that they need to have realistic expectations of what their budget will buy them. Not a slagging one but just a professional reply! Converted a couple of deals last month but they weren’t being as silly but fi I hadn’t bothered or simply sent silly reply back I’d have lost them!

Good luck! Can’t win them all but if you don’t try you’ll never know.

Well said Captain Mainwaring.  (BTW that’s a joke ) Solo operators can spend time replying to email crap but if you are employing salespeople I would prefer if they were improving presentation of the stock.

They make these offers because they can, it’s easy now? Before the internet they’d have to call or actually turn up and risk abuse. But it costs them nothing to send an unrealistic low-ball offer and don’t even really expect you to answer.

The internet gives and the internet takes away!

49 minutes ago, metcars said:

But it costs them nothing to send an unrealistic low-ball offer and don’t even really expect you to answer.

Even when you answer ‘Yes’ for a laugh theshe cnuts don’t respond, unless it’s with a barrage of ‘Cambelt?’ type questions - they’re just shitty arses. 

My answer would be no answer. 

1 hour ago, trade vet said:

Well said Captain Mainwaring.  (BTW that’s a joke ) Solo operators can spend time replying to email crap but if you are employing salespeople I would prefer if they were improving presentation of the stock.

Sorry, but isn’t the opposite true? I thought pitch lads, like main dealers, need to answer even numpty that contacts them whereas us one-man-bands can ignore people as we see fit.

• Like 1

I’d invite him to look at the car and when he tries to pay £9200, just say ‘oh I’m sorry, I misread it, I thought you said £19,200’ ;)

21 minutes ago, BHM said:

Even when you answer ‘Yes’ for a laugh theshe cnuts don’t respond, unless it’s with a barrage of ‘Cambelt?’ type questions - they’re just shitty arses. 

My answer would be no answer. 

Sorry, but isn’t the opposite true? I thought pitch lads, like main dealers, need to answer even numpty that contacts them whereas us one-man-bands can ignore people as we see fit.

I think Franchised dealers have to respond incase it is a manufacturer mystery shopper.

2 minutes ago, trade vet said:

I think Franchised dealers have to respond incase it is a manufacturer mystery shopper.

It does annoy me when you go into a main dealer and there are all these ‘car sales executives’ at their desks and the forecourt stock is covered in bird shit.

We all get these absolute muppets then! Chances are if you accepted his offer... Colin wouldn't even show up.

For a wind up "Sorry Colin I've just sold the car today for 8500 to a cash buyer, if only I'd had your offer earlier in the day we could have had a deal. Thanks for your enquiry"  

• Like 1

I just reply that’s a great deposit and how will you be financing the balance?

These guys make my blood boil. I normally reply by saying: 'oh ok then I'll take your offer, but you need to call today or otherwise we're sending it to auction''

It will go either of  two ways

1 You never again hear from them (most likely)

2 They turn up in person,  and you tell them you just sold it 10 minutes ago and let them have a look around it

16 hours ago, Huggins said:

We all get these absolute muppets then! Chances are if you accepted his offer... Colin wouldn't even show up.

And even if he did he would still walk around it complaining about every tiny stone chip

• Like 1

I always reply in an e-mail...............................call me i have great news

Customer  thinks OMG he is going to do it, You are actually giving him the good news it is still for sale, 

But at least now you are in conversation with them

Surprisingly i can say from personal experiences that not many call, Sad people with boring lives just have to much time to do nothing at all

1 hour ago, Blenheim Car Sales said:

I always reply in an e-mail...............................call me i have great news

Haha thats funny 

The good news is you can have it for £200 a month with the deposit :lol: