Mojo121

Nissan Juke - traction light and dull radio screen

Got a 10 Nissan Juke, traction light comes on about 20/30 mph, goes out again after its turned off and on... someone mentioned a turbo pipe??

Radio screen is also dull.

Anyone know the best fixes for these?

Edited by Mojo121
Include year

The dull radio screen seems quite a common fault on the juke had it on a 12 plate and replaced the unit from a local radio supplier 

the same car had the traction control light fault although it would come and go and then on constant was an abs pump from memory sure bba reman refurb them  

Edited by Casper

We get loads of the head units with dull lcd screens. Post it off to the ebay guy and he sends it back refurbed, cheapest option we've found.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, grant8064 said:

We get loads of the head units with dull lcd screens. Post it off to the ebay guy and he sends it back refurbed, cheapest option we've found.

Found him... another £100 up the swanny!

Reference the TC light, is it a diesel?

You can buy the screens for the radio and fit them yourself in about 15/20 mins if your half handy with a screwdriver and a pair of pliers, I’ve done a few and never had a problem. The last screen I bought was around £70. 

Edited by Bmx Bandits

2 hours ago, Bmx Bandits said:

Reference the TC light, is it a diesel?

You can buy the screens for the radio and fit them yourself in about 15/20 mins if your half hand with a screwdriver and a pair of pliers, I’ve done a few and never had a problem. The last screen I bought was around £70. 

Yes, diesel. 

Where do you get the screens from? Strangely it seems fine today but I'm sure that's temporary!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mojo121 said:

Yes, diesel. 

Where do you get the screens from? Strangely it seems fine today but I'm sure that's temporary!

Think it can be intermittent 

I’d scan it and see what codes are present. There is a small diameter metal pipe that goes from the exhaust pressure sensor to the manifold that gets blocked up, its a pain to see as it at the back of the engine, to be fair the TC light and abs light normally stay on together when it gets blocked and will show fault codes relating to invalid data/ non communication between abs controller and engine control unit. If you get those codes, google nissan P0470, and there are quite a few forums that will show you where the pipe is is and various ways of unblocking it. 

The screens are on ebay, just search “Nissan Daewoo lcd display screen” (The radio units are made by Daewoo).

Edited by Bmx Bandits
  • Thanks 1

Hi MOJO we've done 2 of these blocked pressure sensor pipes now,no parts involved,so if you can fiddle a bit yourself its a freebee! As Bmx said its abit of a pain to see but we found it easier to remove the front wipers and wiper scuttle etc,then take off air filetr and pipes,throttle body and egr valve,then you should see the small diameter metal pipe,we used a piece of bowden cable in a drill and just worked in and out to clear the carboned up blockage.(you do have to remove the pipe to do this bit)regards,Peter 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

for stuff like this i always look at ali express if I can wait a few weeks for delivery or I'm selling a few of the same

put in.          car Radio CD Player LCD Screen Display Pixel Repair For Nissan Qashqai X-Trail Frontier Note Juke Dualis Navara Suzuki Equator.      and there's a video plus £37.50  plus £6 postage

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, It's me said:

for stuff like this i always look at ali express if I can wait a few weeks for delivery or I'm selling a few of the same

put in.          car Radio CD Player LCD Screen Display Pixel Repair For Nissan Qashqai X-Trail Frontier Note Juke Dualis Navara Suzuki Equator.      and there's a video plus £37.50  plus £6 postage

Found it on eBay in the end a bit cheaper but yes love AliExpress. Used to buy a few bits off there and sell them on eBay.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 8:09 PM, Mojo121 said:

Yes, diesel. 

If its diesel there is a tiny pipe at the back of the head that needs removing, it is clogged with carbon. You either replace it with a brand new pipe, or burn the carbon off using a blow torch and fish some strong wire through to make sure its clear. Refit, clear codes and bobs your uncle

Link here to video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY8FL6cLrwc

Every one with that code that I've done is, (as the others have said), usually the pipe from pressure sensor at rear of engine blocked ;)

HTH :)

Edited by Dave2302
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dave2302 said:

Every one with that code that I've done is, (as the others have said), usually the pipe from pressure sensor at rear of engine blocked ;)

HTH :)

Thanks Dave, garage started talking all kinds of possibilities so I just said do the pipe and if it’s not that then I’m paying your time anyway.

Yes, exactly the correct approach, you are paying for their time, not a half arsed opinion ..................

The only other thing it just faintly maybe (if but possibly) etc etc is a bad earth to a module, but I only ever did one that wasn't the pipe blocked, there are a lot of 'em round these parts and it's a very common issue as others here have confirmed ;)

It is almost essential that they actually remove that pipe and banjo fitting to do the job properly ;)

Edited by Dave2302

Take the sensor out..... plug the exhaust at the back with a potato..... and rev it until it blows out of the pipe :D

On a more serious note, any of these (renault/merc/nissan 1.5 dci/ Volvo D4VEA) with the turbo back pressure sensor on that consists of a small squiggly pipe, we remove the sensor and rev it up during a service to prevent blocking. You get a lovely cloud of soot out of them everytime!

12 minutes ago, Stalker said:

On a more serious note, any of these (renault/merc/nissan 1.5 dci/ Volvo D4VEA) with the turbo back pressure sensor on that consists of a small squiggly pipe, we remove the sensor and rev it up during a service to prevent blocking. You get a lovely cloud of soot out of them everytime!

+1 ;)

On 10/8/2020 at 10:10 AM, Dave2302 said:

Yes, exactly the correct approach, you are paying for their time, not a half arsed opinion ..................

The only other thing it just faintly maybe (if but possibly) etc etc is a bad earth to a module, but I only ever did one that wasn't the pipe blocked, there are a lot of 'em round these parts and it's a very common issue as others here have confirmed ;)

It is almost essential that they actually remove that pipe and banjo fitting to do the job properly ;)

Just because I don’t like when people post problems and don’t update the pipe was taken off, soaked in diesel overnight blown through and the light is now off.

thanks all

• Like 1

On 10/8/2020 at 10:29 AM, Stalker said:

Take the sensor out..... plug the exhaust at the back with a potato..... and rev it until it blows out of the pipe :D

Wow, excellent solution, good tip sirB)

....King Edward or Marris Piper;) 

16 hours ago, Mojo121 said:

Just because I don’t like when people post problems and don’t update

Cheers, yeah nice to see a conclusion and a good outcome :)

17 hours ago, Mojo121 said:

Just because I don’t like when people post problems and don’t update the pipe was taken off, soaked in diesel overnight blown through and the light is now off.

thanks all

Great excellent news