MrC

The great Covid excuse

To be far I've never had a long wait for a V5 for the DVLA.. Been waiting 4 weeks so far and still no sign, quick call in to them and they just blame Covid! 

I rang Sky the other day to discuss a new deal, after countless recorded messages it turns out the will only speak the the vulnerable or their carers, everyone else has go deal online.

I have a warranty issue with a Fridge, its been going on for 6 weeks so far and getting know here fast, Covid being the problem.

Seems to me poor service is just been glossed over with Covid as a wanky excuse

Rant over

• Like 1

It’ll be the same next year when the taxes get hiked... budget has been delayed because the treasury don’t know how to balance things. 

BHM touched on this months ago....

..... .a simple use of the search function may of brought this to light.....

Covid probably ;)B)

It's odd isn't it. Because we are all with the automotive 'bubble' where its a case of 'no grafty, no payee' and, things seem relatively normal, once you step outside of this 'bubble' it's amazing just how many aren't working, just how many services have restrictions on them. 

• Like 2

I was waiting on email last week from another business associate who is working for home hadn't heard from the said company in three weeks so gets on the phone 

sorry due to covid is the reply he is working from home so god knows how its stop him sending an email if he's fit and well  

1 hour ago, Casper said:

I was waiting on email last week from another business associate who is working for home hadn't heard from the said company in three weeks so gets on the phone 

sorry due to covid is the reply he is working from home so god knows how its stop him sending an email if he's fit and well  

I noticed in the news an article about a guy using software to screen shot staff working from home. Also he monitors key strokes? That’s the future for all those people thinking working from home is like early retirement? 

It’s the ‘COVID tax’. Meaning, An extra cost of money and/or time usually invented, that’s levied on any purchase or activity due to the virus. It’ll be in the dictionary next year!

Edited by metcars
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Frank Cannon said:

BHM touched on this months ago....

..... .a simple use of the search function may of brought this to light.....

Covid probably ;)B)

It's odd isn't it. Because we are all with the automotive 'bubble' where its a case of 'no grafty, no payee' and, things seem relatively normal, once you step outside of this 'bubble' it's amazing just how many aren't working, just how many services have restrictions on them. 

Hadn’t actually ever thought of that. Most of us are having it away but lots of other sectors have shut down.

just got home from barber shop and noticed everywhere was closed at ten didn’t see pubs, takeaways etc the usual stuff. He said it’s quiet for him, people working from home don’t go in for their usually weekly or 2 weekly cut as not seeing anyone, regular Friday night / Saturday night trim for a night out not coming as not going out it does affect a lot of places. 

9 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

Hadn’t actually ever thought of that. Most of us are having it away but lots of other sectors have shut down.

just got home from barber shop and noticed everywhere was closed at ten didn’t see pubs, takeaways etc the usual stuff. He said it’s quiet for him, people working from home don’t go in for their usually weekly or 2 weekly cut as not seeing anyone, regular Friday night / Saturday night trim for a night out not coming as not going out it does affect a lot of places. 

A very good friend of mine runs a cleaning business or did it’s now in total shreds, commercial offices closed, student let’s empty as no students have come into the Uk, even his private customers have cancelled due to most of them working from home and doing it themselves, even the window cleaning section of his business has been hit very hard with most of his clients saying its pointless having clean windows as all transactions are now carried out on line and there looking to reduce there overheads. 

The council was a big contract who have advised him there is no budget for his services at present. 

gone from 8 staff down to him and his wife in a matter of months. 

• Like 1

On 9/29/2020 at 5:16 PM, Frank Cannon said:

'no grafty, no payee'

It’s amazing how this basic fact motivates people. If it’s left up to local govt employees & their ilk the country will be stasis for the next two decades.

On 9/30/2020 at 10:13 AM, Frank Cannon said:

I wouldn't want to owning chunks of commercial office property at the moment. 

Working from home is going to be the norm for SOME companies, staff will appreciate the lack of travel time & costs (although that will be traded for being spied on in their homes but they’ll have little option) & those companies will surely have no need for their once full offices/call centres etc.

52 minutes ago, BHM said:

It’s amazing how this basic fact motivates people. If it’s left up to local govt employees & their ilk the country will be stasis for the next two decades.

Working from home is going to be the norm for SOME companies, staff will appreciate the lack of travel time & costs (although that will be traded for being spied on in their homes but they’ll have little option) & those companies will surely have no need for their once full offices/call centres etc.

How long before London area companies paying £50k a year to office staff to work from home might work out they can employ people elsewhere to do the same work for £20k.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, trade vet said:

How long before London area companies paying £50k a year to office staff to work from home might work out they can employ people elsewhere to do the same work for £20k.

A very astute observation. Of course companies paying £50k will have invested in their employees so perhaps not easy to find cheaper employees. But your point is well made, especially if this situation continues. large city companies are traditionally not known for their benificence? So I’m with you!

Edited by metcars

3 hours ago, trade vet said:

2 hours ago, metcars said:

A very astute observation. Of course companies paying £50k will have invested in their employees so perhaps not easy to find cheaper employees. But your point is well made, especially if this situation continues. large city companies are traditionally not known for their benificents? So I’m with you!

I agree with you both, + 1

Paint shop backlog due to covid, prices gone up due to covid, mot station back log covid (this I can understand) finance commissions gone down (covid) main agent had a car from february until July (covid) I know it is a major issue but feel like its the new excuse.

• Like 3