Sign in to follow this  
JDM1983

Would you have bought this?

Found a car privately advertised on AT, background checked it, all ok so went to see it, on the check it said last owner had it 4 years, I asked the chap “you’ve had it 4 years?”, no 1 he said. Checked the V5, not in his name or address. He said he put it in the trade to keep the owners down, but not a trader. He had service receipts in his name from Oct 2019, but no proof of purchase.

Furthermore he said it had full nissan main dealer history, it was part nissan part Indi - not a deal breaker but just another reason to doubt the guy.

Would you have bought the car in these circumstances? Trying to gauge if I’m being overcautious.

Thanks

I smell a rat, move on. Personally, and with a supposedly private seller, if the v5 isn’t kosher it’s a deal breaker.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frank Cannon said:

A home trader? 

Meant a private who is a trader pretending he's not Selling from home on a regular basis but not declaring as such . Was my nieces car my son or daughters the usual old story Its a shame because it gives the genuine people who trade from home a bad name . 

Edited by Casper

On 9/26/2020 at 5:48 PM, JDM1983 said:

Found a car privately advertised on AT, background checked it, all ok so went to see it, on the check it said last owner had it 4 years, I asked the chap “you’ve had it 4 years?”, no 1 he said. Checked the V5, not in his name or address. He said he put it in the trade to keep the owners down, but not a trader. He had service receipts in his name from Oct 2019, but no proof of purchase.

Furthermore he said it had full nissan main dealer history, it was part nissan part Indi - not a deal breaker but just another reason to doubt the guy.

Would you have bought the car in these circumstances? Trying to gauge if I’m being overcautious.

Thanks

NO end of , buy mr might be a scammer 

• Like 1