salt

New Keeper Slip - taxing twice

Thanks David, Matt, Casper, and all those above.

I've cut the margins low and manual fiesta has civic hybrid have now both gone.  I will however say I won't be buying another civic hybrid, their clientele have expectations that differ to reality!  And appreciate the advice regarding the fiesta, although it sold quick it was due to the owners/history/colour combo that did it and the phone didn't exactly ring off the hook (2 calls and one person came to view and bought it).  Space is an issue as I have off road parking for four cars, hence the query around the tax (I've read the 500m rule and would abide and none of the cars have any signs stating they are for sale).  I do live next door to a church, so may approach them for renting a couple of parking spaces though...

This life is a world apart to what I was doing in the past, and I can now first hand appreciate the effort, time, skill and knowledge that goes into it.  Not to mention the public facing elements!  All a learning experience and my thanks to you all again!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, salt said:

Thanks David, Matt, Casper, and all those above.

I've cut the margins low and manual fiesta has civic hybrid have now both gone.  I will however say I won't be buying another civic hybrid, their clientele have expectations that differ to reality!  And appreciate the advice regarding the fiesta, although it sold quick it was due to the owners/history/colour combo that did it and the phone didn't exactly ring off the hook (2 calls and one person came to view and bought it).  Space is an issue as I have off road parking for four cars, hence the query around the tax (I've read the 500m rule and would abide and none of the cars have any signs stating they are for sale).  I do live next door to a church, so may approach them for renting a couple of parking spaces though...

This life is a world apart to what I was doing in the past, and I can now first hand appreciate the effort, time, skill and knowledge that goes into it.  Not to mention the public facing elements!  All a learning experience and my thanks to you all again!

Best of luck sir, you sound well 'sound' enough to do well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, salt said:

It will come to you , dont panic , just have to imagine every day is a school day 

I've been selling for best part or 50 yrs Salt and its always fun  in my head , Customers change but their questions and expectations don't , Just learn to tell the truth and be firm , Don't let them rip your heart out , because they will have a go , no morals in the buying public , most rude set of people on earth , but you will learn the retorts that shoot them down , 

I do actually get off on dealing with the public though , one big competition  and I don't lose :lol:

Stick at it you will be fine 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Help needed on this usually never tax a car in trade but need to tax 1 and its only £10 for year will pay it in full, but only need to use car for a few days. What would need to be done after use of the car? Not bothered about any refund as its cheap. Do we keep it taxed then when selling to a punter do we re tax it in their name with new keeper section as thats what we will be using or cancel the tax we put on? Thanks in advance 

Edited by Tony911

9 hours ago, Tony911 said:

Help needed on this usually never tax a car in trade but need to tax 1 and its only £10 for year will pay it in full, but only need to use car for a few days. What would need to be done after use of the car? Not bothered about any refund as its cheap. Do we keep it taxed then when selling to a punter do we re tax it in their name with new keeper section as thats what we will be using or cancel the tax we put on? Thanks in advance 

Tax it with V5c2 Tony , when its sold tax it again with same V5c2 form . No problem . 

1 hour ago, David Horgan said:

Tax it with V5c2 Tony , when its sold tax it again with same V5c2 form . No problem . 

Thanks David :)