Paul Falcon Cars

Renault Kangoo Central locking operating by itself

Broken wire in the door loom maybe two bare wires touching together had that a lot on peugeots so maybe similar with the Renault  

Edited by Casper

Thanks for your help, already checked that all okay, thought it maybe the central locking ECU, when you lock and unlock its okay for a couple of minutes, then stats playing up. 

59 minutes ago, Paul Falcon Cars said:

Thanks for your help, already checked that all okay, thought it maybe the central locking ECU, when you lock and unlock its okay for a couple of minutes, then stats playing up. 

Yeah maybe worth a try .

And no problem your welcome wish I could be of more help ..

There is a reed switch on the petrol cap that sticks open or shut.

You can’t repair it but from inside car,cut or disconnect wire from switch.

job done!

Had similar problems on Renaults over the years. Usually it has not been the ECU at fault but rather a case of the ECU detecting one of the doors open. So look for faulty door switches or faulty wiring (on Renaults the wires sometimes fracture inside the plastic insulation - you can't see the wire is broken). Also look for bad earths (rust etc). Also on these I seem to remember a connector block on the pillar near the hinges and we've had corrosion and water inside.

There is no instant solution, I think its a case of just logically chasing down the fault. Older French and Italian stuff is a pain for this. But Jap electrics just keep on working....

1 hour ago, Halfpenny said:

. Older French and Italian stuff is a pain for this. But Jap electrics just keep on working....

its because they use proper copper wire in my opinion

try soldering french wire it usually just plops off:D

My weirdo sister in law had a kangoo thing , kept locking her IN the bloody car LOL couldn't get her out , I always blessed the car as was the best place for her :lol:

We never did find the problem , must admit to not looking very hard though , we howled whenever it happened as the silly thing wouldn't start either lol even better , stuck in the car and cant move it either .