David Horgan

All work together then , but cant go each others house

Seems a little daft this time round .

Work together , go to the pub till 10pm 

But its illegal to have my 90 yr old mum round for dinner twice a week . 

Work with my son and daughter but cant see them at their home . Sons building a wall so I'm the builder apparently . 

Edited by David Horgan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, David Horgan said:

Seems a little daft this time round .

Work together , go to the pub till 10pm 

But its illegal to have my 90 yr old mum round for dinner twice a week . 

Work with my son and daughter but see them at their home . Sons building a wall so I'm the builder apparently . 

So unless you register your house as a B&B with dinner gong and a small bar,you could get fined 10 grand as a business !

• Like 1

Its a balance though? Your mum going round for dinner doesn't do anything for the economy? But going to work does. How would you feel if you caught CV at work then gave it to your mum and she died? That's what they're trying to stop. This is a weird, new disease which is very dangerous for some; and asymptomatic in others. You don't know if you get it, and you can't get tested quick enough because its physically impossible to just magic the capacity/capability of the testing infrastructure from thin air. 

Sure its a shambles, everyone's guessing and nobody fully understands it. I'm sure we can all blame something or someone else.

Apologies if it comes across a bit blunt, but there's a sense of frustration that we shouldn't actually be where we are today. I don't know what the solution is, I wish I did. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Paul C said:

Its a balance though? Your mum going round for dinner doesn't do anything for the economy? But going to work does. How would you feel if you caught CV at work then gave it to your mum and she died? That's what they're trying to stop. This is a weird, new disease which is very dangerous for some; and asymptomatic in others. You don't know if you get it, and you can't get tested quick enough because its physically impossible to just magic the capacity/capability of the testing infrastructure from thin air. 

Sure its a shambles, everyone's guessing and nobody fully understands it. I'm sure we can all blame something or someone else.

Apologies if it comes across a bit blunt, but there's a sense of frustration that we shouldn't actually be where we are today. I don't know what the solution is, I wish I did. 

my local petrol station,im in the minority wearing a face mask

I've spent a fortune on hand cleaner sprays signage etc most customers just ignore till i put my hand up and say stand back

I'm not getting any younger but I want to get older

• Like 1

8 hours ago, It's me said:

I've spent a fortune on hand cleaner sprays signage etc most customers just ignore till i put my hand up and say stand back

+1

It’s a massive overreach from the government, that some are cheering on reductions to their liberties because they’re so scared of this hyped-up virus defies all common sense. The media and government have worked hand in hand yet no one here understands what propaganda is. Then you have the Soviet style grass your neighbours up stuff. Carry on trusting in and relying on the nanny state if you want, I worry where it’ll all end up - you only need to look at what’s happening in Australia.

12 hours ago, It's me said:

Plus another

Quick question here guys, 

One of my staff whom I do trust, his partner has been in contact with someone who tested positive, both of them got tested yesterday and neither are showing symptoms, now his partner got a phone call telling her and apparently him aswell to isolate for 14 days. 

Now as far as I can read online he should not be asked to self isolate unless his partner has symptoms which she doesn’t. So if he’s off it leaves the workshop a staff member short and as a result I’ll have to cancel my planned holiday which I’m raging about as I can’t have 2 people off at the one time. 

Should he have to provide me with any proof of being told to self isolate? Like anything in writing? And does it go as holidays or sick leave?

thanks 

2 hours ago, MarkTVS said:

One of my staff whom I do trust, his partner has been in contact with someone who tested positive, both of them got tested yesterday and neither are showing symptoms, now his partner got a phone call telling her and apparently him aswell to isolate for 14 days. 

Now as far as I can read online he should not be asked to self isolate unless his partner has symptoms which she doesn’t. So if he’s off it leaves the workshop a staff member short and as a result I’ll have to cancel my planned holiday which I’m raging about as I can’t have 2 people off at the one time. 

Should he have to provide me with any proof of being told to self isolate? Like anything in writing? And does it go as holidays or sick leave?

thanks 

Once they get their results, if negative, they don’t have to isolate anymore. Pretty shitty if you have to cancel your holiday so will hope he’s negative. Results take a couple of days. 
sorry don’t know the answers to your questions but hope the info is helpful.

2 hours ago, MarkTVS said:

thanks 

Well this is a massive mess to be honest.

The track and trace team will be in contact from what i can make out. If they haven't corresponded with your man/ mans partner... they dont need to isolate is what i make of it.

(However its probably spreading faster than they can keep up with)

If his partner has tested positive, she will have proof of this surely.

21 hours ago, MarkTVS said:

thanks 

Surely both you and he needs proof or this will just turn into one big I'm having two weeks off boss . 

7 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Surely both you and he needs proof or this will just turn into one big I'm having two weeks off boss . 

Its chaos a builder friend of mine just sacked two brick layers for so called self isolating for two weeks only to find out they sneaked a small outdoor extension in cash job.

3 hours ago, justina3 said:

Its chaos a builder friend of mine just sacked two brick layers for so called self isolating for two weeks only to find out they sneaked a small outdoor extension in cash job.

Providing fake information to Track and Trace to avoid self isolation should attract big fines.( like in NZ )

Mark, I am actually going through this at the minute, I was disclosed as a contact by one of my friends, who has tested positive, I was sent a text message and had to complete my details and told to self isolate for 14 days, even if I had a test and tested negative as I could still become infectious, my partner does not have to self isolate unless I start showing symptoms, so your employee would not be required to self isolate at this point, they now text me daily with an Isolation Update advising me how many days until I can go out, and tips on how to avoid my partner in the house. The one thing I did not know is that although my friend got his test Saturday 20th and got his results Tuesday 23rd the isolation period started from 17th September as this was the date of the last contact I had with him. So I had done 6 days of the isolation period without actually knowing it.

3 hours ago, David Horgan said:

Handing out more money today aren't they .?

Whats the latest

MarkTVS forgot say say when you log in via the app after receiving the text and are told to isolate, there is the option to print out a notice for your employer if required giving the isolation dates, for confirmation and also ssp and this would be sick pay, I have just had a call from track and trace, which was put as a welfare call but really to check if I am isolating and I  did double checked the isolation date and it from date of last contact, and the tests take on average 4 days to come back so the isolation period would have been 10 days max, I also re-checked my partner does not need to isolate and that again was correct, I think your employee's partner is a bit confused to put it nicely.

1 hour ago, Rory RSC said:

Whats the latest

Offering 22% of wages somehow on paye 

Self Employed can claim 22% of last 3 months profits to a max of £1850 i think it said .

Not actually worth the paper work time this is it . 

On 9/23/2020 at 12:46 PM, MarkTVS said:

thanks 

I've heard the same as you as far as I'm led to believe he only needs to self isolate if he or his partner get symptoms or test postive for the virus 

according to the gov website there is no need for the partner of a person who has been in close contact with someone with the virus but are showing no symptoms to self isolate

Edited by Casper

That's my understanding too - if you've been in close contact with someone with Covid, you should self-isolate. If its a further step (or more) away, no need.

The reason being, the person with Covid19 could have passed it on very easily. But without the receiver having any symptoms (ie sneezing etc) they're able to incubate it (and maybe go on to develop Covid later) but not transmit it. So onwards people are much less likely to have caught it off the receiver. Of course, its down to timing too - if its been a  number of days; and the receiver is asymptomatic but also a spreader (which is unlikely but possible) they could be capable of spreading it. The "test" isn't a sure way to properly know if someone has Covid (because it can't sense minutely small quantities during the incubation phase) and having symptoms or not, isn't a sure way either (because some people can have Covid but be asymptomatic; or have a different virus eg cold/flu/similar). Its all a bit of an unknown but it always is, in epidemiology.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, David Horgan said:

Offering 22% of wages somehow on paye 

Self Employed can claim 22% of last 3 months profits to a max of £1850 i think it said .

Not actually worth the paper work time this is it . 

I’m just done with it all mate time to crack on safely and get the job done.

• Like 1