metcars

Scrappage scheme

Just to be clear Mr pendragon, promoting a scrappage scheme for the car industry only supports new car business, not us used car traders?

11 minutes ago, metcars said:

Just to be clear Mr pendragon, promoting a scrappage scheme for the car industry only supports new car business, not us used car traders?

Good point MC,you would think he would know that considering he is spending £70m shuttering all the Pendragon purpose built used car sites to be replaced by new build mega sites.It was reported he wants to take on Cazoo but cannot be right as Pendragon is many times bigger than Cazoo.

When new CEO’s are parachuted in to save PLC’s it does help that they put their money where their mouth is and buy a significant shareholding.From what I can see shareholders are still waiting for Mr Burman to do that.

• Like 1

I think Pendragon and Cazoo are chasing the wrong things, I can not understand why they are not looking at opening their own Auctions especially Pendragon as they already have a supply of cars.

If i were either of them thats where my attention would be focused as it seem a better business model then retailing cars.

If you build it they will come.

• Like 1

I don't get it, starting a rumour of a scrappage scheme just creates uncertainty in the market and some punters pausing their purchase??? If/when further restrictions come in, the car industry is well down the list of sectors of business the government will help.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lazz said:

I think Pendragon and Cazoo are chasing the wrong things, I can not understand why they are not looking at opening their own Auctions especially Pendragon as they already have a supply of cars.

If i were either of them thats where my attention would be focused as it seem a better business model then retailing cars.

If you build it they will come.

Said a similar thing for years was always surprised arnold Clark never did it or bought one over ..