have a word with the wife

Can you tell me ?

who the hell is making a living paying these sky high prices for stock ?

Are these cars missing out on refurbishment as we all know a pdi a service and a full mot increases the overall spend ?

Maybe just turning money over ? But that doesn't replace tools, repair the ròof etc :lol:.

And Yet I am finding business  really slow at the moment?  Except the chap (I'm not a messer mate);) who rang at nine this Sunday morning.

Because I offer my customers next years mot and service at a reasonable  cost only these  customers are coming through the door at the moment, honestly pissed off, can't see the light at the end of the tunnel to be honest with more lockdowns approaching ?

So there's a happy post for you :lol: comments welcome :)

• Like 1

Ive noticed the large dealers around here preparation is slipping cars with scuffed wheels and dents etc id be embarrassed if i was selling 20 k cars like that  

5 hours ago, Casper said:

Ive noticed the large dealers around here preparation is slipping cars with scuffed wheels and dents etc id be embarrassed if i was selling 20 k cars like that  

The days of main dealer stock being prepped to the hilt are long gone & they aren’t afraid to sell cars with Stevie Wonder paintwork repairs. 

Tbh many of them can’t even be arsed to wash off a car for punters with an appointment.

I was at a Renault dealer the other week & they were showing punters a car jammed in round the back in the compound - I overheard the Mrs say she couldn’t really see the car properly :lol:.

• Haha 1

I picked up one from a Honda dealer a couple of weeks back. Couldn’t believe the state of the cars on the front. Pretty much all scuffed alloys.

That said I’ve sold a couple in the last few weeks just because the other two traders just haven’t bothered to wash/clean or prep the cars. Apparently they seemed like they couldn’t even be bothered to make an effort. 

I’ve still managed to steal a couple over the last few weeks within a mass of overpriced stuff.

Im finding at the min I’m literally having to watch online all day and every now and again the odd bargain will come through. 

You are right though, some of the prices are eye watering and looking on eBay/autotrader I could easily buy one a lot cheaper privately and even get a proper look and a test drive before I buy. 

1 hour ago, Lakeside said:

I could easily buy one a lot cheaper privately and even get a proper look and a test drive before I buy. 

Exactly, I've been doing that for years now, all good as long as you know what you are looking at ;)

I have never believed in selling thousands of items for hundreds profit, don't be a busy fool, sell tens of items for thousands profit ;)

Edited by Dave2302