David Horgan

Can ya tell me what my cars worth mate ?

Now that was his opening comment this morning at 9.30 am 

What do you have you need valuing then i ask  .

Its a VXR Mate , mi mates wanting to buy it off me but want to know what he's got to pay me for it , fair like money so thought id ask a trader , 

mmmmm So your looking at buying a car I'm selling then was my approach . Two traders apparently told him to take a hike and value it himself .

Might buy one mate depends on deal n what I get  

So I said ok , got a little time with coffee in hand , took the details of the VXR and gave him a retail figure minus £200  LOL heard his mate say "ok bud I'll tek off yer at that money then " 

So my next question was now you've sold your car what you looking for to replace it then . 

Be bak later mate he said , so I thought oh well my kind deed for the day :unsure:

30 mins later i receive a credit checker , High High High eligibility on all levels , this was on a 20 k car .So i rang the number back and it was the same guy with the VXR Corsa . Got the money off mi mate he goes like this motor can I put 2k deposit , so i sent him the deal BOOM auto accept and hes just left with it .

Worth the effort after all . 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Now that was his opening comment this morning at 9.30 am 

What do you have you need valuing then i ask  .

Its a VXR Mate , mi mates wanting to buy it off me but want to know what he's got to pay me for it , fair like money so thought id ask a trader , 

mmmmm So your looking at buying a car I'm selling then was my approach . Two traders apparently told him to take a hike and value it himself .

Might buy one mate depends on deal n what I get  

So I said ok , got a little time with coffee in hand , took the details of the VXR and gave him a retail figure minus £200  LOL heard his mate say "ok bud I'll tek off yer at that money then " 

So my next question was now you've sold your car what you looking for to replace it then . 

Be bak later mate he said , so I thought oh well my kind deed for the day :unsure:

30 mins later i receive a credit checker , High High High eligibility on all levels , this was on a 20 k car .So i rang the number back and it was the same guy with the VXR Corsa . Got the money off mi mate he goes like this motor can I put 2k deposit , so i sent him the deal BOOM auto accept and hes just left with it .

Worth the effort after all . 

Nice one David .. makes it all worth while . 

My father in law and his dad who were old school would have called him a dreamer, and not entertained him, 3rd generation we treat them differently just before lockdown had a kid roll up in a 62 clio sport wanting to test drive an 18 plate audi s5 at £30k, wanted £4k for clio (which had a misfire) which we offered, he then said I need to go and speak to me dad, thought no more about it 1 hour later he is back, me dad and nan are paying £10k can I get £16k on finance, sailed through auto accept paid out, we have had the poshest customers in demanding this that and the other and turns out their credit rating is so far down the toilet they are willing to pay nearly double through sub prime just to have a car that looks good, give me straight John Bull anytime, and congrats David sounds like a good deal 

30 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Boom david on fire back of the net buddy 

Another guy just rang said "ay up pal got my car going in this week for work then selling it , anyway I can wait till next wednesday to collect your car I've seen" . 

Transpires he wants 14k on Finance too , so I said yes my friend I'll send you the deal , BOOM he auto accepts too . sends me £1,890 online deposit and I await to meet him next week .

Two in one day 

Just got to replace the bloody cars now though :rolleyes:oh well soon be Monday . 

17 minutes ago, Ratt101 said:

My father in law and his dad who were old school would have called him a dreamer

He was treated like that he said , covered in tattoos all over , but a really nice young lad when I met him . cant judge a book as they say . 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Another guy just rang said "ay up pal got my car going in this week for work then selling it , anyway I can wait till next wednesday to collect your car I've seen" . 

Transpires he wants 14k on Finance too , so I said yes my friend I'll send you the deal , BOOM he auto accepts too . sends me £1,890 online deposit and I await to meet him next week .

Two in one day 

Just got to replace the bloody cars now though :rolleyes:oh well soon be Monday . 

He was treated like that he said , covered in tattoos all over , but a really nice young lad when I met him . cant judge a book as they say . 

As pleased as I am to hear your good luck David, if anyone else says: “get in!”, “go on my son!”, “back of the net!” Or “winner winner chicken dinner!” I will vomit! lol

• Like 1

Nice one David, yes there are still some decent Customers about :)

Winner winner chicken dinner as they say in the Norwest :lol::D:lol:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, David Horgan said:

Two in one day 

When I was signing up some roughish but friendly likely lad on chucky and you think he will never get accepted.Then you ask their occupation and they would say ‘scaffolder , steel erector ,I’m on the riggs or self employed Ready Mix Concrete driver you knew they would fly through.

11 hours ago, trade vet said:

When I was signing up some roughish but friendly likely lad on chucky and you think he will never get accepted.Then you ask their occupation and they would say ‘scaffolder , steel erector ,I’m on the riggs or self employed Ready Mix Concrete driver you knew they would fly through.

Got a lot of money, in a van all week and want a nice car better customers than geography teachers. 

3 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

Got a lot of money, in a van all week and want a nice car better customers than geography teachers. 

So true, sold a 335i BMW to sky engineer once for that very reason, paid cash too, said could hardly spend his moneh

23 hours ago, metcars said:

As pleased as I am to hear your good luck David, if anyone else says: “get in!”, “go on my son!”, “back of the net!” Or “winner winner chicken dinner!” I will vomit! lol

Back of the net just reminds me of Alan Partridge  :lol:

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, SouthernTrader said:

Back of the net just reminds me of Alan Partridge  :lol:

I rewatched  it all last week, may have had influence :lol:

• Like 1