david gott

CDP Podcast - Trade Vet

Big thank you to Ian (Trade Vet) for this weeks podcast, really enjoyed the chat, some great stories.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/car-dealer-pro-podcast/id1506252764#episodeGuid=CarDealerPro.podbean.com%2Fe38d45d0-34bd-3059-98d0-1923dfd1021b

If that hasn't uploaded on iTunes yet heres another link

https://CarDealerPro.podbean.com/e/trade-vet-over-50-years-in-the-game/

Edited by david gott

On 9/16/2020 at 3:49 PM, david gott said:

Big thank you to Ian (Trade Vet) for this weeks podcast, really enjoyed the chat, some great stories.

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/car-dealer-pro-podcast/id1506252764#episodeGuid=CarDealerPro.podbean.com%2Fe38d45d0-34bd-3059-98d0-1923dfd1021b

If that hasn't uploaded on iTunes yet heres another link

https://CarDealerPro.podbean.com/e/trade-vet-over-50-years-in-the-game/

i keep forgetting to listen to this as im quite looking forward to it

thanks guys

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, It's me said:

i keep forgetting to listen to this as im quite looking forward to it

thanks guys

I highly recommend it that one and the David horgan one I've listened to fully working my way through them in the evening both were very good  

Very hard work listening to the geordie accent.  Apart from that sounded like fairy stories selling 40 police cars a week. If he sold so many , why not now. What's name of his garage? Talks bull

34 minutes ago, Taz said:

Very hard work listening to the geordie accent.  Apart from that sounded like fairy stories selling 40 police cars a week. If he sold so many , why not now. What's name of his garage? Talks bull

Thank you Taz,what make are you by the way.....I did say Police Authorities changed their disposal policy in 99.All questions welcomed if you were unable to understand.

1 hour ago, trade vet said:

Thank you Taz,what make are you by the way.....I did say Police Authorities changed their disposal policy in 99.All questions welcomed if you were unable to understand.

Well I heard you say about the disposal policy, and about the at least half tank fulls, thanks trade vet, really enjoyed listening :)

31 minutes ago, have a word with the wife said:

Well I heard you say about the disposal policy, and about the at least half tank fulls, thanks trade vet, really enjoyed listening :)

Thank you,it’s a shame for Taz being 20 years too late !

last police car i bought would have been 88 and i can confirm it had a brand new engine just fitted,probably the day before

ive listened to the pod and i can confirm that what ian says happened,i might not know him personally but the stories ive witnessed ,no way would i call him a bullshitter,with regards his calling to hmrc i can also confirm his story 100% even down to them asking you what you had for tea last night

i think a competitor bubbled me because he was jealous,i had no skeletons by the way

i see so many traders come and go even to this day because they think they can confetti receipts...bad move

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Taz said:

Different world now pal , your decades behind .

He's no bull talker , its how it was back in the day . 

Harder in some respect and easier in other respects . But its always changing and always will . 

• Like 1

Just gad a short listen, one thing stood out to me when Ian said cars were "easy to buy and easy to sell", how different to today that is.

• Like 1

Well done TV. I enjoyed that and related to many of the memories from the ‘easy as shelling peas’ years. 

• Like 1

Different times now unfortunately as the others have said tradevet is well respected here and I personally have no reason to doubt the man .. he is also semi retired like he says in the podcast . 

Edited by Casper

11 hours ago, Casper said:

Different times now unfortunately as the others have said tradevet is well respected here and I personally have no reason to doubt the man .. he is also semi retired like he says in the podcast . 

Yes Casper- for sure, he's telling no lies.  

I remember the trade from the late 70's and up to the mid to late 90's it was easy (but the old bastards used to moan about all sorts of things 'killing the game')  Still was fun and there were proper characters and shenanigans I can tell you.  However, stories for the private room perhaps...

Speaking of charachters, anyone read the article on our friend Ling? 

https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/black-cars-matter-post-by-lings-cars-is-ruled-to-be-irresponsible-and-offensive/203888

On 9/21/2020 at 7:36 PM, Taz said:

If you can't understand TV, then you better hope I don't do a podcast. TV sounds like he is talking the Queens English compared to my Scottish accent.

Back in the day Police cars wanted for nothing, most forces had a highly skilled maintenance force and their own garages. Getting a slot in a Police garage was a prime job for many mechanics. In many forces the cars got washed every day to.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, XFS said:

If you can't understand TV, then you better hope I don't do a podcast. TV sounds like he is talking the Queens English compared to my Scottish accent.

Back in the day Police cars wanted for nothing, most forces had a highly skilled maintenance force and their own garages. Getting a slot in a Police garage was a prime job for many mechanics. In many forces the cars got washed every day to.

Ha same here with the Scottish accent 

On 9/24/2020 at 9:42 AM, XFS said:

They used to mint them up to sell them........ then rather than minting them up they started declaring all faults at the block........ then 6 or 7 years ago they started auctioning them like everyone else by declaring sweet f.a.! :lol:

I had some good do’s years ago out of ex-service cars, they were cheap & the public loved them - especially fluorescent yellow ex-NHS Focuses! Now it’s a lottery buying them, they ain’t cheap & the Average Joe doesn’t want them.

• Like 1

I believe most police forces fleet are now leased and have been for many years. 

My friend Dave works for BT and they service a lot of other vehicle fleets, good earner.

Their tightest customers are the lease companies for the plod squad, everything is cheapest possible, buy cheap buy twice attitude doesn't compute with them.....that said I've not spoken with him for over three years:D

Edited by Frank Cannon
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BHM said:

They used to mint them up to sell them........ then rather than minting them up they started declaring all faults at the block........ then 6 or 7 years ago they started auctioning them like everyone else by declaring sweet f.a.! :lol:

I had some good do’s years ago out of ex-service cars, they were cheap & the public loved them - especially fluorescent yellow ex-NHS Focuses! Now it’s a lottery buying them, they ain’t cheap & the Average Joe doesn’t want them.

NHS yellow Focus Estates,never had those but I would imagine they would make good Hartlepool taxis.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, trade vet said:

NHS yellow Focus Estates,never had those but I would imagine they would make good Hartlepool taxis.

Dark green MOD Astras st Bedford, ahh the memories :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frank Cannon said:

Dark green MOD Astras st Bedford, ahh the memories :D

We had a few from the forestry commission back in the day in dark green .