BIGNIT

Charging for fuel

16 minutes ago, Scooby who said:

Every car I buy seems to be more or less running on air, no matter where I buy.

Every car we prep gets at least 50 quid of fuel to cover our testing, drying after valet (its that time of year again) test driving and run to MOT centre. Hopefully its near enough half when customer drives away. I think anything less is down right mean looking.

When we point out to some its got a half tank of fuel its met with.......... 'what about the other half''?!

Cant win!

Thought about buying a dehumidifier? Might work out more cost effective for you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Scooby who said:

Every car we prep gets at least 50 quid of fuel to cover our testing, drying after valet (its that time of year again) test driving and run to MOT centre. Hopefully its near enough half when customer drives away. I think anything less is down right mean looking.

When we point out to some its got a half tank of fuel its met with.......... 'what about the other half''?!

Cant win!

Looking from a customer point of view I'd be over the moon with a half a tank  

3 hours ago, SC Derby said:

£50 quid a car xYearsales = a lot

I stick £15 in max

Much the same here £20 max 

7 hours ago, MarkTVS said:

Thought about buying a dehumidifier? Might work out more cost effective for you.

Have one but only use it on Focus's, (we all know how they love to let in water) Still think nothing beats the car heater. Maybe I need to rethink my sense of generosity 

6 hours ago, SC Derby said:

£50 quid a car xYearsales = a lot

I stick £15 in max

Was never good at multiplication at school! :D

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Scooby who said:

Have one but only use it on Focus's, (we all know how they love to let in water) Still think nothing beats the car heater. Maybe I need to rethink my sense of generosity 

Haha give them a free magic tree more than generous 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

I’ve started charging for air in tyres and screenwash. 
it’s been quiet this week.

Do you offer an upgrade option to nitrogen like quick fit?:lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MarkTVS said:

With the fancy green dust caps :lol:

6 hours ago, Casper said:

With the fancy green dust caps :lol:

Tyres are always nearly flat when they have this crap allegedly in them

2 hours ago, It's me said:

Tyres are always nearly flat when they have this crap allegedly in them

:)

10 hours ago, MarkTVS said:

Hahaha, I remember when this wheeze came in & being offered it, “Ideal for performance cars” was the guff, something to do with less expansion due to heat if I remember correctly. What a load of fucking bollocks. Rather like Manheim’s Checkpoint fee.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, MarkTVS said:

I’m tempted to try it for my track car and see how good it actually is

Track car ! ......you must be a glutton for punishment.

• Haha 1

On 9/24/2020 at 2:43 PM, Scooby who said:

Cant win!

Thats nuts. 100 cars = 5 grand. I've got a mazda going out in 15 minutes. Fuel light isnt just on, its flashing. I don't want a call 2 minutes after he's left saying its run out, so, being the generous soul I am, Ive just got a fuel can out of the shed and put half in. That'll get him to Asda.

12 minutes ago, MattR said:

Ive just got a fuel can out of the shed and put half in. That'll get him to Asda.

Very generous :)

I did work out how much it costs to fuel cars with £15 in every one , and its eye watering , its actually a wage on the number of cars we sell  per month . No one appreciates it either to be honest do they , put a tenner in and they want twenty , put twenty in and they want it full up . Cant win 

Same with buying warranties , Just money spent in a drain in my view 

42 minutes ago, MattR said:

Thats nuts. 100 cars = 5 grand. I've got a mazda going out in 15 minutes. Fuel light isnt just on, its flashing. I don't want a call 2 minutes after he's left saying its run out, so, being the generous soul I am, Ive just got a fuel can out of the shed and put half in. That'll get him to Asda.

I agree,£50 ? if you employ people how much of that would get milked or put in jerry cans at source.As for sending punters to Asda,we posted disclaimers around our premises about using supermarket ‘spot market fuel ‘ after a bad batch caused thousands of seized engines about 10 years ago.

11 minutes ago, trade vet said:

I agree,£50 ? if you employ people how much of that would get milked or put in jerry cans at source.As for sending punters to Asda,we posted disclaimers around our premises about using supermarket ‘spot market fuel ‘ after a bad batch caused thousands of seized engines about 10 years ago.

On the other hand i tend to use two local family businesses for fuel  . But the twice i used the bp ultimate and shell v power diesel both separate cars  broke down maybe just coincidence but got me thinking one was the secondary pump in the tank the other was a broken drive belt   .

38 minutes ago, trade vet said:

As for sending punters to Asda,we posted disclaimers around our premises about using supermarket ‘spot market fuel ‘ after a bad batch caused thousands of seized engines about 10 years ago

Same notice here , DONT BUY ASDA FUEL , ITS RUBBISH , same as Sainsbury and Morrison's fuel "rubbish "

I've got a highly modified Bike and it wont get out the forecourt on Morrison's petrol , pops and farts bangs and splutters it does . 

Got a guy comes for service with an L200  , he does moon miles per year , so 2 maybe 3 times a year its in for service , New Fuel filter every time as its blocked , Because the firm he works for has a Morrison's fuel account . found fuel rail issues once and it was the filter . 

Another Hyundia i10 customer took her car to ASDA from us   EML light on as it left the place , she bought it back , we checked it out turned the light off told her to fill it up with Shell or BP round the corner and it was fine afterwards  never a problem since . .

There will be stories the other way I know , but I wont go near them . 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Same notice here , DONT BUY ASDA FUEL , ITS RUBBISH , same as Sainsbury and Morrison's fuel "rubbish "

I've got a highly modified Bike and it wont get out the forecourt on Morrison's petrol , pops and farts bangs and splutters it does . 

Got a guy comes for service with an L200  , he does moon miles per year , so 2 maybe 3 times a year its in for service , New Fuel filter every time as its blocked , Because the firm he works for has a Morrison's fuel account . found fuel rail issues once and it was the filter . 

Another Hyundia i10 customer took her car to ASDA from us   EML light on as it left the place , she bought it back , we checked it out turned the light off told her to fill it up with Shell or BP round the corner and it was fine afterwards  never a problem since . .

There will be stories the other way I know , but I wont go near them . 

What about tesco lol other supermarkets are available .  

We had this last year with a Kia Sorento, water in fuel light on, new fuel filter and it cured it for a couple of days then light back on. We then dropped the tank and found it to be bright green that looked like shreks piss. Drained and cleaned the tank and all good. Sainsbury’s even paid the bill for the customer too!  Thankfully our workshop heater runs on waste oil / diesel so it worked in that and kept us warm for a while:D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Casper said:

On the other hand i tend to use two local family businesses for fuel  . But the twice i used the bp ultimate and shell v power diesel both separate cars  broke down maybe just coincidence but got me thinking one was the secondary pump in the tank the other was a broken drive belt   .

Hope you weren’t mixing chip fat with diesel Caspar...Do you recall that was a trend about 15 years ago.I think it was promoted by BBC on some consumer  ‘ helpfull hints ‘ programme !

39 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Hope you weren’t mixing chip fat with diesel Caspar...Do you recall that was a trend about 15 years ago.I think it was promoted by BBC on some consumer  ‘ helpfull hints ‘ programme !

Haha probably didn't like the supermarket fuel mix with the premium stuff  

Every 3rd Diesel I get in for a service up here has this strange red coloured shit in it's fuel filter :rolleyes:

Edited by Dave2302
  • Haha 2