David Horgan

Young guy PX his car , Just arrived from 120miles away

This young guy just arrived from over 100 miles away , no call , just turned up . 

rang the number on our door , " Hi I'm outside come to see the Golf you have " 

So we lets him in , there's the car , he wants to test drive it . 

Need a deal setting up first my friend I say , as hes mentioned a PX outside .

56 Plate 112,000 miles  Zetec S in white , Bit Rare he goes so don't look at yer values on this one , I want decent money for it . " Wont be buying the Golf then one thinks "

HPI /Experian reveals his car was born BLUE then changed to WHITE in 2010 , Its also got 14 previous owners , all odd tyres at 2mm , MATT Paint , Wrapped Bonnet , Kerbed wheels No History , says hes had 3 years but he'd had it March 2020 . 

What do want for it then i says :) 3k mate he goes :unsure:

I printed CAP and autotrader out for him £270 & £295 came out , so how do you value it 3k then , Cos i need that for the deposit on finance .

Its not how it works though , tried explaining but he didn't actually get it , had zero concept that his car had a value based on ,condition , service history ,Provenance age and miles . He argued the fact that he wanted 3k for it based on the requirement of a deposit to get the payments down to what he could afford .

Plus he had driven 100 + miles to get the golf . 

But you cant afford it I say based on what i can give you for the Fiesta . Its not rare , its been to friendly with to many owners , its not been serviced , its changed colour , it wants scrapping . 

Go sell it yourself . "Tried mate no one rang bout it " mmmmm wonder why :blink:

Whats best you can do on my car then he asks now realising the reality of the valuation system . £50 i say :) his mate says that's what that other guy said :D

Hes gone to sell it himself , rare cars those old school Zetec S 's , be zero tread on tyres now as he wheel spun down the road 

They have NO Clue nowdays at all , I remember being 11 yrs old and knowing cars had values based on condition . 

• Haha 4

Best one we had, fair play to the guy, asked us for a valuation on p/x so we just sent him WBAC value and said we’d match it. He got offended and sent us back the WBAC valuation of the car we was selling ,which was less than half of retail,  and said that was all he wanted to pay for ours then. 

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Lakeside said:

Best one we had, fair play to the guy, asked us for a valuation on p/x so we just sent him WBAC value and said we’d match it. He got offended and sent us back the WBAC valuation of the car we was selling ,which was less than half of retail,  and said that was all he wanted to pay for ours then. 

They don't understand though the concept we have to earn a profit do they . I ask what would happen to their wages  if their boss at work failed to make a profit :D I'm pretty sure they don't have a clue how it all works half the time .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, David Horgan said:

They don't understand though the concept we have to earn a profit do they . I ask what would happen to their wages  if their boss at work failed to make a profit :D I'm pretty sure they don't have a clue how it all works half the time .

Thanks for the laugh david lol some people eh maybe its a special edition it changes colour when you wash it with look warm water back to blue like the toy cars i had when i was kid .. 

the funniest one i had i had was on a px i offered a price for it less than what he first wanted says few days later phones say he wasn't  comfortable accepting my offer at that price i think here we go but he says he and his wife have had a discussion and would accept £500 less for the px as it has his car has few little marks ok no problem Thanks says me and he buys  the car .

Edited by Casper

On 9/14/2020 at 1:03 PM, David Horgan said:

The average PAYE man, irrespective of intelligence and/or professional qualifications does not understand. If the average Joe Public understood this there’d be no little for the dole.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Blenheim Car Sales said:

this is the result of what the  best of our education system can process...i worry for the county if this is how they are after 14 years of school

+1 well said 

• Like 1

I certainly remember 45 years ago when I had my first site, people turning up with cars hand painted in red oxide asking what I will give them for it when it is done up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, setoyew841 said:

The car dealer has a post about their newly arrived PX car with the 120 miles (ca. 193 km). You need to set a deal with its mentioned PX that will be greatly missed. And You have to check online assignment help to improve your writing abilities. You can check the source files for accessories of the car. Join it for more.

GO AWAY

On 9/16/2020 at 2:49 PM, Blenheim Car Sales said:

this is the result of what the  best of our education system can process...i worry for the county if this is how they are after 14 years of school

The teachers get 30 kids for 25 hours a week, the parents get a lot less kids for 143, I feel the blames lays at home in most cases.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Screenman said:

The teachers get 30 kids for 25 hours a week, the parents get a lot less kids for 143, I feel the blames lays at home in most cases.

So much truth in this!

Parenting ability or lack thereof has a lot to answer for in todays society. Always someone else's fault though......

• Like 1

Its health and safety at fault .

Fences round this , Signs up for that , Don't walk here or there , Cant climb trees , Cant climb ladders , Cant pick weights up , Must wear hard hats , Put gloves on , Ear defenders on for hoovering the lounge and a thousand rules that we grew up without 

So all these PC restrictions save the lives of all the idiots and brainless wallies that would otherwise of perished years ago aged 16 ish wandering about aimlessly in life getting squashed and falling off cliffs etc . 

These people have now had kids , this is the problem as these kids were born stupid , been bought up stupid , and are among us in society breathing oxygen and getting confused about all sorts of things we knew about years ago growing up , 

Health and safety  is at fault i tell you , its allowed fools to breed , we are now feeling the effect . 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, FHP11 said:

So much truth in this!

Parenting ability or lack thereof has a lot to answer for in todays society. Always someone else's fault though......

Absolutely! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, David Horgan said:

Its health and safety at fault .

Fences round this , Signs up for that , Don't walk here or there , Cant climb trees , Cant climb ladders , Cant pick weights up , Must wear hard hats , Put gloves on , Ear defenders on for hoovering the lounge and a thousand rules that we grew up without 

So all these PC restrictions save the lives of all the idiots and brainless wallies that would otherwise of perished years ago aged 16 ish wandering about aimlessly in life getting squashed and falling off cliffs etc . 

These people have now had kids , this is the problem as these kids were born stupid , been bought up stupid , and are among us in society breathing oxygen and getting confused about all sorts of things we knew about years ago growing up , 

Health and safety  is at fault i tell you , its allowed fools to breed , we are now feeling the effect . 

Darwinism

:lol::lol: It’s definitely getting worse.