Tom

February Sales Diary 2016 Busy?

First one of the month today, foot fall is weak though hopefully pick up!

Been pretty slow but managed to pull in one a day so far somehow but doesn't feel the same as January did early on!!

Seems to be very mixed out there at the minute, with this morning SMMT report, indicating growth YOY of +3% and +" for Private?  Although, reports of continual tactical registrations on the last day, even though plenty remain in the market from last year.

Conversions at the auctions are reported to be healthy, and stock described as steady but no concerns of over-supply....YET!!!! 

4 Sold so far. Today I sold my lovely V8 BMW M3 which is my most expensive car sold to date at 19k. Taken a nice disco as a part exchange in against it which is a beautiful bit of kit but not quite sure where to price it. 

Phone has been ringing more, emails have been coming in so hopefully a good weekend is in store.

• Like 1

Scraped through to 5 so far, not been busy though, think I've sold my better stock as well so may need a mid month re think.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TML CARS LIMITED said:

1 today in the pouring rain! Some people dont care! 

I've always found that if they're out in the rain they're buying! :D

• Like 1

Two today - Mazda 6 1.8 TS and VW Golf 1.4 S.

Got my Civic Type-S out on test drive as I type so could improve further, only got it in Friday am but I didn't get chance to do the buffs and touch ins which is always annoying.

One today, nearly two but we couldn't get confirmation that the finance was clear on the px.

4 Car Finance 24/7 deals this week - are these guys on a big advertising push at the moment?

Did a deal with evolution funding for the first time this week - efficient, quick and good payout with quite a nice easy to use online portal system. Surprisingly good and would rate the experience quite highly.  Worth a look as a broker for anyone who needs them.

Stark contrast to our experiences with Jigsaw.

quite a bit slower than last month, and a few painful warranty claims too.

On 14 but a couple of those are only cheapo part exs. done 4 in last two days though for a mini recovery!!

We picked up a m135i last Friday, took a deposit on Saturday, he collected the 135 yesterday and we took his q7 as px, we advertised that last night and took a deposit this morning, it goes tomorrow. I just wish we had another 5 of them.

We have sold 23 retail cars this month. Behind where I wanted to be.

Also had a deluge of warranty claims that warranty provider have not paid out for. A  fortune has been spent putting things right at our expense. Sometimes think we are to nice here and get mugged off a bit.