David Horgan

number plate machine firms turning business away

Had an/ well got an  SPM Number plate making machine for a while now . always buy their plates and backing reflective's off them £500/£600 a time making 60 /80 pairs of  plates a month . , spent over 5k 2019 , 3k this year with the lock down , but its picked up so plate stocks are low now , you have to spend £1,500 she said , BUT I do and I pay you don't i no you don't yes i do was the argument ? had a right go at me because i said I was going to write about them on here :lol:then phoned me back saying they had confused me with another customer hahahahahah F@@K OFF was their answer . 

On the termination letter they sent they put the other garage on the address part , so i rang them , they spend over £1,500 too , they've chucked it in as well LOL:blink:the guy was fuming 

What fool can ring a customer up now days saying we don't want your money anymore One phone call has cost them 8/10k a year on plates . 

Stupid world , proper stupid it is . 

New company installing on Friday, they are happy with new business and we had a laugh about SPM  

So if your looking at plate machines , I don't recommend S.P.M in Leeds Ohhhhhh No 

• Like 1

I recommend number plates scotland to anyone I'm sure they would deliver down to by courier worth asking the question always found them really helpful 

and they were a lot cheaper when i looked in to it .

Edited by Casper

Do you make plates for everything David? Do you mind me asking how much it’s costing you a plate?

thanks

1 hour ago, New year revolutions...... said:

I had a factor close my account when I went back to work, apparently I didn't spend enough on parts in lockdown, you really couldn't make this crap up, I'm now using eurocarfarts more

Had the same thing .. with a local factor you would think they would want to keep your business during these times said they could reopen it and in the mean time id still get trade prices i like you do go else where now .. 

Edited by Casper

I've used Jepson & Co, Sheffield since about 2003!

Great company, products and service. highly recommended. 

• Like 1

Covid Zombie Apocalyse, all these firms have gone barking fuckin mad, from the crap you guys are describing, to just, well, a piss poor service :(

@umesh

Jepsons Plates, bejayzus, don't recall seeing one of them on a Car for decades, glad to hear they still going ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

Covid Zombie Apocalyse, all these firms have gone barking fuckin mad, from the crap you guys are describing, to just, well, a piss poor service :(

@umesh

Jepsons Plates, bejayzus, don't recall seeing one of them on a Car for decades, glad to hear they still going ;)

Still going strong dave few friends in trade use them .. remember the manual jepson machine in the first garage i worked in you had to have about 4 attempts due to the damp letters in the old mouldy store room and the spacing template was long gone so you just had to judge it by eye .. God i hated that machine used to shout on the boss or one of the others from the mechanic body shop to make them when i was there as an apprentice ..  funny thing is after them using it years they had it down to a fine art  and could make a decent plate with it .