XDR

Thoughts XMAS / COVID SALES

I know its still a few months away, but I’m sure some of us must have thought about it? 

Combining two factors (COVID-19 & December (Christmas)). What are your thoughts....

will you be taking the month off and absorbing the expenses that you would have incurred, 

or .... is it full steam ahead! And sales as normal?

my opinion - Normally Christmas time is generally slower for us, so adding COVID to the mix, I can only anticipate an even slower month?

:)

Edited by XDR
  • Like 1

Would agree it will be slow just plodding along as normal see how it goes play it by ear sort of thing 

Anyone with a viable business before is viable now. 
people will need and want cars. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Anyone with a viable business before is viable now. 
people will need and want cars. 

Absolutely; customer/s buying profiles will likely change going forward, but as you say up there, the positive is peoples need to buy cars is something which will never change, except, maybe, to some extent the regularity of replacement/s.

Edited by oldmarcus
  • Like 1

I think it will all depend where you are in the country, what stock mix you’ve got and how quickly you can react to the ever changing sales environment. 

I’d just take the opportunites that come along and there’s no point trying to force the market in December anyway as trying to replace the stock will only cost you more in Jan.

We’ll be open right the way through and  historically we’ve always made a profit for the month, I use December to get things prepared for January anyway, have a general tidy up of office/admin and a stock take to sort out of all those forgotten part exchanges and problem sales cars. So there’s always something to do.

• Like 1

Full steam ahead is my guess although the week up Christmas Day is usually quiet unless you’ve something that looks cheap.

On fire here . Don't see it stopping , 

Sold two yesterday , got three on the hook today , 

Christmas as normal here , full steam ahead for us 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Horgan said:

On fire here . Don't see it stopping , 

Sold two yesterday , got three on the hook today , 

Christmas as normal here , full steam ahead for us 

Christmas dinner at home or the office this year Dave?  :lol:

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

At Home Rory :lol: 

I did sneak off one year though , got a call Christmas Morning , took dog out , did the deal and back before my wife knew i was missing :D

Sold a Golf GTI and took a Honda civic as part ex all in 30 min , he took the GTI away i locked up and took the dog home again :D £2k up too made my Christmas took a whack out the Civic too in the New year . My lad said wheres this come from LOL :lol: shhhhh don't tell your mum .

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

• Go on david Thought it would be the office .. are we all invited dave ? :lol:
2 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

At Home Rory :lol: 

I did sneak off one year though , got a call Christmas Morning , took dog out , did the deal and back before my wife knew i was missing :D

Sold a Golf GTI and took a Honda civic as part ex all in 30 min , he took the GTI away i locked up and took the dog home again :D £2k up too made my Christmas took a whack out the Civic too in the New year . My lad said wheres this come from LOL :lol: shhhhh don't tell your mum .

Edited by Casper

I am sending out Xmas cards to old customers,  picture of santa with a mask on and the message " you can't sit at your xmas table with auntie mable, that would be breaking the law, please don't ignore, Boris is not inviting Doris so close the f ing door " :lol:

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, have a word with the wife said:

I am sending out Xmas cards to old customers,  picture of santa with a mask on and the message " you can't sit at your xmas table with auntie mable, that would be breaking the law, please don't ignore, Boris is not inviting Doris so close the f ing door " :lol:

The only good thing to come out of covid is you don't have to sit round the table listening to boring conversation with the in laws pretending you like them or they have something interesting to say  

4 hours ago, Casper said:

The only good thing to come out of covid is you don't have to sit round the table listening to boring conversation with the in laws pretending you like them or they have something interesting to say  

:lol::lol: My in-laws are dead so I don’t have that problem.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BHM said:

:lol::lol: My in-laws are dead so I don’t have that problem.

Natural causes?!!!!  Or just one Christmas too many?

• Like 1