JDM1983

Golf GTD Attracting Idiots

1 hour ago, chrishowie said:

Isn't it just a sign of the times? At the moment, all I've had is messers and dreamers no matter what I'm selling.

They seem to come in waves, possibly sat bored, planning on wasting time over the long bank holiday weekend. Roll on next couple of weeks

Ha Ha,sign of the times.You are in the wrong job,why not get into selling small boxes of vegetables with a recipe sheet on line and charging £40......Sorry,forget that,too many already doing it.

2 hours ago, trade vet said:

Ha Ha,sign of the times.You are in the wrong job,why not get into selling small boxes of vegetables with a recipe sheet on line and charging £40......Sorry,forget that,too many already doing it.

....or sending a bottle of gin of YOUR choice & a few tonics to punters & charging twice the going rate. Who on earth would believe in such a scheme.

I meant, sign of the times with people having to much time to surf and waste.

I have enough jobs without you adding to them : )

12 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

I get more wankers on GTDs than any of the Golf R or S3s we always have in stock 

Interesting to know Rory!

4 hours ago, JDM1983 said:

Interesting to know Rory!

They are everywhere at every garage and Barely make any money off them. Only worth bothering if you can buy in good spec at bottom prices which is the hard bit 

On 8/31/2020 at 7:35 PM, MarkTVS said:

Why are you still even here you cretin? You bored of spouting covid crap already?

Is that your sharpest retort? Its pitiful.

I am waiting for the prices to drop so I can make my move on a nearly new veee-hicle. Anticipating it will be November after Furlough has finally ended. Knowledge is power......Cretin.

Anyhow I dont think discussion about an illness thats contributed to 800,000 worldwide deaths can be referred to as 'crap'....Well, unless you are a cretin :lol:

Given that nobody has answered the question. Dare I suggest you dont want to answer the 'cambelt' question because the truthful answer is......'The buyer has correctly pointed out something on the car that needs doing, and I dont want to admit it'?

Edited by Stillnotadealer

10 hours ago, Stillnotadealer said:

Is that your sharpest retort? Its pitiful.

I am waiting for the prices to drop so I can make my move on a nearly new veee-hicle. Anticipating it will be November after Furlough has finally ended. Knowledge is power......Cretin.

Anyhow I dont think discussion about an illness thats contributed to 800,000 worldwide deaths can be referred to as 'crap'....Well, unless you are a cretin :lol:

Given that nobody has answered the question. Dare I suggest you dont want to answer the 'cambelt' question because the truthful answer is......'The buyer has correctly pointed out something on the car that needs doing, and I dont want to admit it'?

What’s wrong is it normally points to a moron. In my case, buyer points out car needs a cambelt, I offered to do it, and never heard from him again. Don’t know why, but people interested in cambelts don’t very often buy.

10 hours ago, Stillnotadealer said:

Knowledge is power......Cretin.

What knowledge do you have that has empowered you?

16 hours ago, Stillnotadealer said:

Waiting that long it will be long gone lol :lol:

Not much power in that type of knowledge .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/1/2020 at 3:17 PM, Rory RSC said:

I get more wankers on GTDs than any of the Golf R or S3s we always have in stock 

Jeez - do you have to have them valeted again after ...... :lol:

But back to topic, rather annoyingly, you now have to start to add E30 BMW M3 & similar, in fact almost any potential 80/90's 'modern classics' to the list; although I don't imagine that fits many of your stock profiles.

Edited by oldmarcus
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, oldmarcus said:

But back to topic, rather annoyingly, you now have to start to add E30 BMW M3 & similar, in fact almost any potential 80/90's 'modern classics' to the list; although I don't imagine that fits many of your stock profiles.

Clio trophy and e46 m3 that I had recently both attracted the worst type of perverts. If I had a tenner for every time someone asked if the boot floor had been reinforced :blink: I have 2 x Honda s2000’s due in stock soon I imagine this will be the same!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, oldmarcus said:

Good one Marcus ... that did make me laugh 

Edited by Casper

On 9/2/2020 at 7:08 AM, JDM1983 said:

What’s wrong is it normally points to a moron. In my case, buyer points out car needs a cambelt, I offered to do it, and never heard from him again. Don’t know why, but people interested in cambelts don’t very often buy.

ok thanks for the clarificaiton. Perhaps they wanted to knock something silly off the price and when you offered to do the job that avenue was no longer open, so they vanished into the night.

On 9/2/2020 at 7:10 AM, BHM said:

What knowledge do you have that has empowered you?

Current market strength in the dealer trade. I imagine when demand starts to drop it will be discussed at length on here. Looking at prices on autotrader is one thing but hearing it straight from the workers is more useful.

1 minute ago, MarkTVS said:

Why not go onto the Chinese takeaway owners forum and work out the best time to buy your chicken fried rice? Or better yet go play chicken on the motorway, you are not a car dealer so you have no place here plus you come across as a nonce so I think you should be removed

Chineses takeway forum LOL :D

He's waiting for the prices to go UP , he's on our side Mark :lol:

I've just put two UP £800 last night and got a customer coming tomorrow on one of them , just passed finance prop at the higher price  and the deals set for 1pm Friday  . 

This guys waits for November to strike a deal hes going to be handing over more cash to some lucky dealer  for a better deal :blink: 

5 hours ago, Stillnotadealer said:

Current market strength in the dealer trade. I imagine when demand starts to drop it will be discussed at length on here. Looking at prices on autotrader is one thing but hearing it straight from the workers is more useful.

Your not good at this are you :rolleyes: Better change your name to " Nevergoingtobeadealer " :unsure:

There's a shortage of good stock my friend , that means only one thing , supply shortage and prices don't go down .:unsure: 

Like rice at Chinese takeaways that MarkTVS is  on about , Rice Shortage and price goes UP not down . :unsure:

Your not going to change the thoughts of the guys on here with ramblings about price crashes and future discussions about what happens after your down turn predictions  , better not try being a car dealer though as your not really in the correct thought patterns , or make decisions quick enough either . 

Keep doing your day job , not time for a career move just yet . 

You do make me laugh though over my coffee . so thanks for that . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, David Horgan said:

I've just put two UP £800 last night and got a customer coming tomorrow on one of them , just passed finance prop at the higher price  and the deals set for 1pm Friday  . 

This guys waits for November to strike a deal hes going to be handing over more cash to some lucky dealer  for a better deal :blink: 

Ive bought a car today 335d x drive for not much less than the customer paid retail 1 year ago. Prices have gone up thats for sure. Ive got a good £3k in it worst case

1 hour ago, Rory RSC said:

Ive bought a car today 335d x drive for not much less than the customer paid retail 1 year ago. Prices have gone up thats for sure. Ive got a good £3k in it worst case

Prices are crazy at the minute I've seen some retail cars up for not much more and some times in line with auction prices . 

Edited by Casper

5 hours ago, MarkTVS said:

Why not go onto the Chinese takeaway owners forum and work out the best time to buy your chicken fried rice? Or better yet go play chicken on the motorway, you are not a car dealer so you have no place here plus you come across as a nonce so I think you should be removed -_-

Why not ignore me or enter into constructive conversation. Or do you just tend to resort to insults and name calling when the debate has exceeded your cerebral capacity?

Cretin and alike I dont care. But calling people nonces is crossing the line and I feel that you are the one who needs removing. There really is no need for those kind of remarks.

5 hours ago, David Horgan said:

Your not good at this are you :rolleyes: Better change your name to " Nevergoingtobeadealer " :unsure:

There's a shortage of good stock my friend , that means only one thing , supply shortage and prices don't go down .:unsure: 

Like rice at Chinese takeaways that MarkTVS is  on about , Rice Shortage and price goes UP not down . :unsure:

Your not going to change the thoughts of the guys on here with ramblings about price crashes and future discussions about what happens after your down turn predictions  , better not try being a car dealer though as your not really in the correct thought patterns , or make decisions quick enough either . 

Keep doing your day job , not time for a career move just yet . 

You do make me laugh though over my coffee . so thanks for that . 

Yeah absolutely its possible that prices keep rising.

I have made a best guess hypothesis. I personally cannot see the current demand being sustained when the bounceback loan application deadline passes on November 4th, and the government stops paying furlough to 1 in 12 workers at the end of October. Many people, though not all, have had greater disposable income as a result of being paid but not having to actually work. Coupled with fewer people going abroad and shopping etc. Over the last decade at least the general attitude of the average Joe public in Britain has tended to be that they spend everything they get paid, live pay cheque to pay cheque and to hell with any sort of contingency.

As I say you might be right and prices go up and up, but I just cannot see a rationale for that happening in light of the above. A smart dealer might not agree with the above but will develop a contingency in case it happens. The more obtuse dealers might well struggle. You can probably work out which dealer I will be buying from if my theory plays out.

Some would buy now I am biding my time. Pays your money takes your chance and all that.

Crossing the line maybe yet you still didn’t deny it so therefore I stand by my statement

• Like 1

Alright alright. Calm down all. Been a while since I’ve had to intervene on here. 

Let’s keep the language civil and act like professionals. That is, after all, what the motor trade is. 

Don’t let the side down chaps

2 hours ago, MarkTVS said:

Crossing the line maybe yet you still didn’t deny it so therefore I stand by my statement

I would prefer this incident not to escalate to a matter akin to Hayden vs Scottow. As such I offer you the opportunity to retract your comments above, and also your comment of March 24th. Unless you have been sitting behind a reliable VPN you might be wise to swallow your pride and take said opportunity.

@James Baggott

9 hours ago, Casper said:

Prices are crazy at the minute I've seen some retail cars up for not much more and some times in line with auction prices . 

Indeed; saw an early '14 RR Sport 3.0 derv, but at least an L494, end at an auction at (including my estimated fees) £28,285 - 50k miles & really nice spec admittedly and I know some nice ones are now on offer north of £30k, but bought 100% blind, as this auction was, that was a bit too rich for my blood........

So we're currently dragging out all the old trade in's left outside behind the unit which we never bothered with, as their actual cost was so small, plus all potentially needing a good "look at" for potential issues. After I've checked if their viable or not, my lad is valeting the hell out of them, which was not worth doing before, for their sale value back then.

Sorted out a power steering fluid leak on one today, everything else was OK as far as a 13 year old car goes and drove it hard taking a long, 20 mile 'scenic route' on some lovely country roads for some assurance for the MOT and it didn't even get any advisories!!

Come tomorrow, rinse and repeat - just got to keep the wife away from him when valeting them - got home from Tuesday MOT and she was helping him as a kind of therapy, I suspect, as currently she's on a 6 week course of radiation treatment - and she was trying to help him by 'doing' the engine crud with bloody oven cleaner, none too carefully either ........  :lol:

Edited by oldmarcus
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Stillnotadealer said:

I would prefer this incident not to escalate to a matter akin to Hayden vs Scottow. As such I offer you the opportunity to retract your comments above, and also your comment of March 24th. Unless you have been sitting behind a reliable VPN you might be wise to swallow your pride and take said opportunity.

@James Baggott

Dear me! A couple of unkind words & now you’re making out there’s going to be a big court case. :lol:

Edited by BHM

1 hour ago, BHM said:

Dear me! A couple of unkind words & now you’re making out there’s going to be a big court case. :lol:

Mark is going to need old Rumpole for this one.I can hear him ‘ members of the jury to mention cam belt changes to a car dealer is highly inflamitable akin to mentioning the war to a German,it is just not done ‘.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, oldmarcus said:

Indeed; saw an early '14 RR Sport 3.0 derv, but at least an L494, end at an auction at (including my estimated fees) £28,285 - 50k miles & really nice spec admittedly and I know some nice ones are now on offer north of £30k, but bought 100% blind, as this auction was, that was a bit too rich for my blood........

So we're currently dragging out all the old trade in's left outside behind the unit which we never bothered with, as their actual cost was so small, plus all potentially needing a good "look at" for potential issues. After I've checked if their viable or not, my lad is valeting the hell out of them, which was not worth doing before, for their sale value back then.

Sorted out a power steering fluid leak on one today, everything else was OK as far as a 13 year old car goes and drove it hard taking a long, 20 mile 'scenic route' on some lovely country roads for some assurance for the MOT and it didn't even get any advisories!!

Come tomorrow, rinse and repeat - just got to keep the wife away from him when valeting them - got home from Tuesday MOT and she was helping him as a kind of therapy, I suspect, as currently she's on a 6 week course of radiation treatment - and she was trying to help him by 'doing' the engine crud with bloody oven cleaner, none too carefully either ........  :lol:

All the best Marcus to u and your son and of course I wish you wife all the best with her treatment . Hope it goes as well as can be expected .. 

• Like 1