MarkTVS

Buyers remorse

I’ve got arthritis? Will bca let me have cars for free too?:)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, metcars said:

Depends if you realised you were buying then, or thought you were bidding for a test drive :lol:

This is what happens when you're so confident you'll fail the credit check that you go though the paperwork to keep to salesman happy!

Most law abiding,honest,educated and decent people reading that article will side with the complainant.I am sorry to say the way I read it,she could be pulling a scam.What are the chances that the complainant qualifies for a £60 per week Mobility Allowance .So instead of getting a free new Motability car and returning it after 3 years, by blaming the salesman this one could be hoping to end up owning the car after 3 years when it will be worth 5 grand.......Why do I automatically think like that,it must be the result of over 50 years in the job.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trade vet said:

Most law abiding,honest,educated and decent people reading that article will side with the complainant.I am sorry to say the way I read it,she could be pulling a scam.What are the chances that the complainant qualifies for a £60 per week Mobility Allowance .So instead of getting a free new Motability car and returning it after 3 years, by blaming the salesman this one could be hoping to end up owning the car after 3 years when it will be worth 5 grand.......Why do I automatically think like that,it must be the result of over 50 years in the job.

+1 always read the small print before signing anything am sure the balloon payment for the pcp would have been in the figures 

another thing I've briefly though of is motability cars  ive a few friends have them actually tried to search out one of the last ones but was unlucky in my search and it appeared at arnold a few weeks after its return even considered buying if from them as a personal family car but didn't feel like paying the premium did that once and said id never do it again 

however I often  wonder if it would be cheaper using the money from there pip payment to personally lease a car and and pay there own say for talking sake with a deposit up front a new fiesta say could be leased for around £150 a month granted you have to pay your  own and insurance and Maybe maintenance and tyre but if you weren't covering a big mileage it would probably work out cheaper in both cases my friends car had around 16 k at the end of term so well within the 8k per annum on a 3 year and i know one person who pays around £300 a month for a fiesta he says 

then though i guess if you used the mobility car to its full potential of the allocated 60000 miles that would be cheaper in the longer guess its horses for courses 

5 hours ago, metcars said:

Me too will we try a sob story 

Edited by Casper

As for the women feeling like an idiot, yes love, you are. Pretty simple maths, £200 per month, £2400 per year, how many years should a £18000 car with interest take to pay off? Dont think its 5 years, but then I don't have arthritis so might be different rules for me.

• Haha 1

Funny how she can afford it at 0% interest isn't it :ph34r:

Bet she lost her copy of the secci paper work she would have been given , 

It’s funny how there’s always the assumption that those with disabilities are honest and true? And are always victims taken advantage of by scumbag car dealers? 

It annoys me the way newspapers always make it look like there's something shady been done when it comes to cars and theit buying/selling - had to get the crutches in the photo.....

It occurs to me, unless this is her first car on finance, she may not come out too well; then of course her benefits will increase, so we taxpayers can keep her creature comforts.

I bet she's got the latest phone and all that jazz .........

I clipped an X Trail bumper on a car park and left a note, it was only a quick smart repair, she talked my painter into doing the whole bloody side of the car, 3 panels.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2020 at 5:26 AM, petrol head said:

I'm paying £7200 on finance for a £15K car, how could there be a balloon...........

:lol: Why on earth the newspapers print such tripe about a greedy punter who doesn’t understand basic mathematics is beyond me. But then again, why on earth someone would be happy to have their stupidity & ignorance plastered over the newspapers is also beyond me! It’ll come to the day very soon that discussions at the sales desks will be recorded. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BHM said:

It’ll come to the day very soon that discussions at the sales desks will be recorded. 

My CCTV also records sound ;)

Gotta workshop joker customer at the moment, first one ever (since I moved here 14 years ago)....................

Moaning he got an £800 bill for repairing his pile of shit VW Golf GTI to MOT Test standard, all parts were quoted, and labour estimated at 6 - 9 hours, it came in at 7 hrs.

Now saying parts are cheaper on FleaBay .............. Errrrm yeah, Chinese crap is !!

Tried collecting the Car before paying, sent his mum here for it, who is an abusive old cheap out tart, so I told them to fuck off, can get it back when you've paid, or I will remove my Parts and he can get Recovery Truck to remove it !!

Given him 7 days to settle, then he's on £25 per day storage ............. Wanker !!

Edited by Dave2302

1 hour ago, Dave2302 said:

My CCTV also records sound ;)

Gotta workshop joker customer at the moment, first one ever (since I moved here 14 years ago)....................

Moaning he got an £800 bill for repairing his pile of shit VW Golf GTI to MOT Test standard, all parts were quoted, and labour estimated at 6 - 9 hours, it came in at 7 hrs.

Now saying parts are cheaper on FleaBay .............. Errrrm yeah, Chinese crap is !!

Tried collecting the Car before paying, sent his mum here for it, who is an abusive old cheap out tart, so I told them to fuck off, can get it back when you've paid, or I will remove my Parts and he can get Recovery Truck to remove it !!

Given him 7 days to settle, then he's on £25 per day storage ............. Wanker !!

So he knew and said yes to £800 now hes sending mummy to get it without paying, wow what a nutter . 

Hate people quote Chinese parts on flea bay , I've got some parts mate whats it cost to fit them , "NOWT we don't charge for fitting your parts" lol Because we dont fit them  

1 hour ago, David Horgan said:

So he knew and said yes to £800 now hes sending mummy to get it without paying, wow what a nutter . 

Hate people quote Chinese parts on flea bay , I've got some parts mate whats it cost to fit them , "NOWT we don't charge for fitting your parts" lol Because we dont fit them  

Yep !!

He is a new customer, all my regulars can collect and go home and they always pay within a few days, but a noob always has to pay before collection first time round it's just my policy !!

He also told me his mum would pick it up, and he was at sea, so I asked him outright, can you settle the bill while you're at sea, because I'm not releasing the vehicle until paid, he said yes !! He said he would pay it BACS last Friday and mummy would pick it up on Sat Morn !!

Mel saw him in the shop that same Friday, so the working at sea is bollocks, he's just a silly twat, if he'd been honest and told me he was short of money  I'd have taken half and half the next month, but now of course I don't trust him !!

Then yesterday she rocks in to get it, and says he's not paying a £800 bill, because they can buy parts cheaper on EBay so I told her he's not getting a car with my parts on it then and to come back when my bill is settled, then they can get the car, after that it all went downhill :lol:

Thing is I don't give a fuck, he can leave it here if he wants, if he's not settled the bill after a month I can see me Ebaying the parts and giving the rest to the scrap pikey ;)

If it came on top, (which it won't), I'd say I am sure he had taken it during the night without my consent, and therefore he now still owes me the money ;)

In the very distant past on the very rare occasion when someone bought there own parts and I've tried to help them, it has always gone pear shaped, wrong gearbox say, so now it's stuck on my lift for a fortnight while they try to get a refund and get another, or something plain doesn't work, and then they don't want to pay to have it done twice ;)

Like you, I simply won't fit owners parts now, FFS we are all businesses not a fuckin' charity, so we rely on making money on parts as well as labour ;)

This twat, if / more likely when he does pay, he'll never get another job done here, he's bit off his nose lol, no one else round here could diagnose the Xmas Tree Dash Lights, and he also gave me a hand written list of everything else he wanted done to it, which is all on one of my clip boards, so he's on a hiding to nothing ;)

:lol:

I knew he'd end up paying, the £867.43 just landed in my account, then 2 minutes later the phone rang, "Can we come and get it" ......................

"Oh, I'm glad you're back from your voyage" I replied ...........

"But nope, you can't get it today, it'll have to be tomorrow now, as I'm packing up and there is 5 Cars blocking it in, so I'll move it out for ya in the morning" says I :D:D:D .................

1 - Nil

Edited by Dave2302
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Dave2302 said:

Yep !!

He is a new customer, all my regulars can collect and go home and they always pay within a few days, but a noob always has to pay before collection first time round it's just my policy !!

He also told me his mum would pick it up, and he was at sea, so I asked him outright, can you settle the bill while you're at sea, because I'm not releasing the vehicle until paid, he said yes !! He said he would pay it BACS last Friday and mummy would pick it up on Sat Morn !!

Mel saw him in the shop that same Friday, so the working at sea is bollocks, he's just a silly twat, if he'd been honest and told me he was short of money  I'd have taken half and half the next month, but now of course I don't trust him !!

Then yesterday she rocks in to get it, and says he's not paying a £800 bill, because they can buy parts cheaper on EBay so I told her he's not getting a car with my parts on it then and to come back when my bill is settled, then they can get the car, after that it all went downhill :lol:

Thing is I don't give a fuck, he can leave it here if he wants, if he's not settled the bill after a month I can see me Ebaying the parts and giving the rest to the scrap pikey ;)

If it came on top, (which it won't), I'd say I am sure he had taken it during the night without my consent, and therefore he now still owes me the money ;)

In the very distant past on the very rare occasion when someone bought there own parts and I've tried to help them, it has always gone pear shaped, wrong gearbox say, so now it's stuck on my lift for a fortnight while they try to get a refund and get another, or something plain doesn't work, and then they don't want to pay to have it done twice ;)

Like you, I simply won't fit owners parts now, FFS we are all businesses not a fuckin' charity, so we rely on making money on parts as well as labour ;)

This twat, if / more likely when he does pay, he'll never get another job done here, he's bit off his nose lol, no one else round here could diagnose the Xmas Tree Dash Lights, and he also gave me a hand written list of everything else he wanted done to it, which is all on one of my clip boards, so he's on a hiding to nothing ;)

I will fit customers own parts but I do warn them if the parts are wrong I will either order the correct parts and fit then or I shall build it back up till they have the correct parts and they’ll have to pay the labour for both times. 

I always find it funny when customers buy £7 brake pads and then are surprised that they squeak :lol:

7 minutes ago, MarkTVS said:

I will fit customers own parts but I do warn them if the parts are wrong I will either order the correct parts and fit then or I shall build it back up till they have the correct parts and they’ll have to pay the labour for both times. 

I always find it funny when customers buy £7 brake pads and then are surprised that they squeak :lol:

As a mechanic we use says the brakes that let you know there working :lol:

On 8/27/2020 at 5:07 PM, Dave2302 said:

:lol:

I knew he'd end up paying, the £867.43 just landed in my account, then 2 minutes later the phone rang, "Can we come and get it" ......................

"Oh, I'm glad you're back from your voyage" I replied ...........

"But nope, you can't get it today, it'll have to be tomorrow now, as I'm packing up and there is 5 Cars blocking it in, so I'll move it out for ya in the morning" says I :D:D:D .................

1 - Nil

Result - if there is one thing I hate it's people lying to me; if they're having a tough time, and it can happen to the best of us at times; I can be pretty understanding if they're honest and up front - but the way far too many people are today is one of the few things which make me bloody angry. 

I've got a big old  infra red lamp we used when we did bodywork in house - cost quite a lot, now a guy from Luton who my ex mechanic told about it phoned and made me an offer on it, I sent him some photos of it and said I would not clean it up and/or even get it out from the back unless he sent me a non refundable £100 by bank transfer and gave him the sort code and a/c # - but he kept on saying he had cash, all the usual - and I thought that was it.

Now I've got a text this afternoon asking for the postcode, so I sent one back saying he had to pay the 100 quid first - bugger me, he replied saying he'd paid and much to my surprise when I logged into that bank a/c - he had ....... :o

Now me and my lad have got to move a bunch of cars tomorrow to make a pathway big enough to wheel the damn thing through, I think the arms on each side adjust, but it still must be about 6ft wide, so it's going to be a real b@lls ache of a job for not much money - I suppose at least it will give us some more storage space in what was the booth, but I'm fully expecting him to start a re-negotiation once he arrives, but if he does, he's lost his hundred quid  ...........

• Like 1

Never fit customers own parts, its a world of pain, simply not worth the hassle and if the part fails god help you.

On 8/29/2020 at 5:09 AM, petrol head said:

Never fit customers own parts, its a world of pain, simply not worth the hassle and if the part fails god help you.

Exactly this ;)

• Like 2