metcars

Trade insurance - renewal time?

Can anyone make a recommendation. My usual suspects have all let me down this week by promising to call and 'forgetting'. Nobody seems to want my money?

So any recommendations?

Cheers:)

15 minutes ago, metcars said:

Can anyone make a recommendation. My usual suspects have all let me down this week by promising to call and 'forgetting'. Nobody seems to want my money?

So any recommendations?

Cheers:)

R A Insurance were very good last year , dealt with Ben : 0208 2561020

• Like 1

Used execinsurance.co.uk for years, Mark Pope handles our account and can't fault him.

• Like 1

Ashley @UKGLOBAL, done my renewal last month. Was a good chunk less than everyone else. His numbers are 01244 257829 and 07593137984

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bollingtons are winning the race at the As we enter the last furlong! Last year I was still ‘negotiating’ on the day the policy expired at 12 noon! :D

• Like 1

13 hours ago, G Dog said:

Ashley @UKGLOBAL, done my renewal last month. Was a good chunk less than everyone else. His numbers are 01244 257829 and 07593137984

Another vote for Ashley good lad very helpful so is @John Cook - Aston Lark Very helpful both worth a shot 

I've used think insurance and never had any problems with them a few times though a few here have said negative things and also towergate who were slightly more expensive but seemed to offer a better level of cover ..  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, John Cook - Aston Lark said:

Thanks @Casper - always appreciated!  

Welcome John anytime always helpful 

• Like 1

On 8/22/2020 at 10:08 AM, G Dog said:

Recommended here to.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2020 at 12:27 PM, Ashley@UKGlobal said:

Thanks mate @johny1980

Hows things Ashley how it going with covid guess like every one else things been quiet ? 

17 hours ago, Casper said:

Hows things Ashley how it going with covid guess like every one else things been quiet ? 

All good this end thanks mate hope you are well? Actually been really busy! Guess I am one of the lucky ones, how's business been for you?

14 minutes ago, Ashley@UKGlobal said:

All good this end thanks mate hope you are well? Actually been really busy! Guess I am one of the lucky ones, how's business been for you?

Glad to hear mare yeah All good mate Fairly quiet during lockdown as to be expected but slowly picking up now luckily .. 

Edited by Casper
  • Like 1

Last year I had to pay 2400£ with bollington as part time trader from home and 10k max value. 

This year DNA insuance quoted me 1400£ when bollington is asking 2k. 

• Like 1

@Marian TDM

Last year I had to pay 2400£ with bollington as part time trader from home and 10k max value. 

=============

That £1400 sounds like a nice reduction, is the max value still £10k ?

The problem I get is that I store most of the cars in the unit we prep them in and bring them back to my home for viewing once they're ready, mostly now 'by appointment' viewings when any buyer unknown to me asks to see/buy a car.

I'm currently with Aston Lark, who started out very competitive, but last year made a lot of fuss saying that cars were only insured at my business premises, so the cost took quite a hike.

Unfortunately I'd left it too late to start speaking to others, but in when my renewal comes up in January, I'll certainly spend more time shopping around.

Edited by oldmarcus
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, oldmarcus said:

@Marian TDM

=============

The problem I get is that I store most of the cars in the unit we prep them in and bring them back to my home for viewing once they're ready, mostly now 'by appointment' viewings when any buyer unknown to me asks to see/buy a car.

I'm currently with Aston Lark, who started out very competitive, but last year made a lot of fuss saying that cars were only insured at my business premises, so the cost took quite a hike.

Unfortunately I'd left it too late to start speaking to others, but in when my renewal comes up in January, I'll certainly spend more time shopping around.

I’ve been with DNA for a few years but I always shop around and it usually ends up as a last minute ‘negotiation’! Bollingtons were very competitive this year when previously they weren’t. I’ve also noticed how the insurance companies are bearing down a little. Searching your phone number on line to see what ads you’re running. As a home trader, asking for photographic evidence that you actually have the room to store the cars you say you can etc. When previously I’d not had to. Funny because back in the day trade insurance was very difficult to obtain and I wonder if that’s the direction things are heading back in?

17 hours ago, oldmarcus said:

@Marian TDM

=============

I'm happy to personally take a look at your renewal when it comes up. Drop me a message with your company name and I'll make a note to catch-up with you in December. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, John Cook - Aston Lark said:

I'm happy to personally take a look at your renewal when it comes up. Drop me a message with your company name and I'll make a note to catch-up with you in December. 

Thank you for taking the time to respond; I've made a note to ask for you in December.

• Like 2