Willoughby

No V5, just V5C Green slip

Just bought a car in auction from Finance Co due to owner going bust. Auction only had the green slip and the keys.

I see online that its already sorned.

Would prefer not to apply for a V5 as its a 1 owner car..... I assume I can drop the first digit on the green slip doc ref number to put new keepers details in online when I sell it.....and they use the Green slip ref no to tax it......anyone already done this.... if so did if cause any problems.......

Thanks

Best to just try taxing it first before customer turns up , Just to make sure its the correct green slip eg the latest one . 

Then you can do as you say and make the transfer 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Willoughby said:

Just bought a car in auction from Finance Co due to owner going bust. Auction only had the green slip and the keys.

I see online that its already sorned.

Would prefer not to apply for a V5 as its a 1 owner car..... I assume I can drop the first digit on the green slip doc ref number to put new keepers details in online when I sell it.....and they use the Green slip ref no to tax it......anyone already done this.... if so did if cause any problems.......

Thanks

dont apply for log book whatever you do

i have been waiting between 4 months and as little as 7 weeks for in trade green slip only log books

dont go there

or cry

Use the road tax guy, pay the £30 plus the road tax cost. he deals with the hassle and you send off a v62 into new owners name.

On 8/18/2020 at 3:34 PM, It's me said:

dont apply for log book whatever you do

i have been waiting between 4 months and as little as 7 weeks for in trade green slip only log books

dont go there

or cry

Why not send it to the critical worker department 

I got 4 accepted processed, sent out and received all within a week which I was shocked on considering I sent one back Back in March with no reply