metcars

It’s official!

Coronavirus is now the most popular excuse for bad/poor/slow/unhelpful service. Even computers run slower because of coronavirus? Who’d have thought it?

• Like 1

Covid -19,  The biggest excuse ever for lazy, incompetent service/work there has ever been.   

• Like 1

Love this example  for running a business during Covid 

We are looking for 6 bucket seats for the track cars , estimated cost around £3-4,000 for the lot so not a bad order really is it .

Phones this place in Notts to see if we can go out look and collect .

Response was amazing , " oh you cant just come I'll send you a text with the information we need :rolleyes:

text arrives . we need you to fill in the deceleration of health  saying you haven't got coughs , temperature or   feeling unwell etc . Prove we have a mask . Use the gloves provided and handwash on arrival omg . 

Then we only see people at 11am and 2 pm and only one person can come in at a time for 30 mins :o

So I rang back and said I have £4,000 with your name on it , only time I can get is 5pm are you sure you don't want the money .

Answer was . There wont be anyone here at 5 pm as we close at 5pm  you have the rules so please abide by them or spend your money elsewhere :lol: ASTONISHING 

Be one of those firms in 6 months time that's blaming Covid for putting them out of business .

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Answer was . There wont be anyone here at 5 pm as we close at 5pm  you have the rules so please abide by them or spend your money elsewhere :lol: ASTONISHING 

Be one of those firms in 6 months time that's blaming Covid for putting them out of business .

Doesn't make sense! thats a big order ! as you say will be blaming covid for shutting doors for good not the fact they turned business away!

I got shouted out of the local shop because they already had 2 people in, I accept the 2 people rule but the shouting was unacceptable, I'm a firm believer in helping local business but this covid is making me reassess, the fruit and veg man is taking the piss the coop well nothing to be added and I'm not surprised it's not mandatory the staff shouldn't wear masks as they empty your wallet at the till, so I've done my best but all around seem to want to pull my pants down and make me jump through hoops to give them my money so it's back to good service good prices excellent quality and enough choice for me from aldi

Don't even start me on dvla☹️

4 hours ago, It's me said:

I got shouted out of the local shop because they already had 2 people in, I accept the 2 people rule but the shouting was unacceptable, I'm a firm believer in helping local business but this covid is making me reassess, the fruit and veg man is taking the piss the coop well nothing to be added and I'm not surprised it's not mandatory the staff shouldn't wear masks as they empty your wallet at the till, so I've done my best but all around seem to want to pull my pants down and make me jump through hoops to give them my money so it's back to good service good prices excellent quality and enough choice for me from aldi

Don't even start me on dvla☹️

Funny how its different isn't it in different places , Our local Aldi is like  trying to get in the Bank of England after closing time dressed in a convict suit while wearing a clown face  . 

Stand there , wait here , don't move ,go now :blink: Last time i went for a pint of milk this girl gave me a trolley , so i dumped it at the door , to be tapped on the shoulder and told to take the trolley back  as its a social distance tool , really i said , fetch the store boss , NOW , Told the boss the girl at the door  halfheartedly wiped the handle , then this Muppet dragged it down to me without wiping it tapped me on the shoulder with his less than two metre arm and told me to queue up with it and was he implying i couldn't stand two meters apart . 

Here's your milk , stuff your store , I'll go 40 yds up the road to a garage who appreciates the sale , walked out . 

• Like 1

A piss takers & lazy bastards charter. I also feel that about 95% of big companies are using it as a cover to offer inferior services.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, BHM said:

A piss takers & lazy bastards charter. I also feel that about 95% of big companies are using it as a cover to offer inferior services.

+1

• Like 1

On 8/15/2020 at 7:46 PM, BHM said:

Totally agree.

I,m waiting on a delivery from Manheim today.  I paid in full last Wednesday, and was told delivery will be today.  

Just called them and got usual covid excuse   on why they cannot delivery today as agreed.  I ask them when they can deliver  and they said they don;t know, maybe later this week!!!!  Due to you know what!

Whether businesses survive will be partially down to the owner/managers attitude to risk. Fortune favours the brave?

1 hour ago, CCC said:

Whether businesses survive will be partially down to the owner/managers attitude to risk. Fortune favours the brave?

Alternatively we are where we are because a lot of people are not respecting social distancing rules.When they reopened pubs and restaurants there has been an immediate Covid spike.( even in NZ which has been Covid free for 100 days ) I have some sympathy with Dave Horgan’s seat suppliers as it could be a small business and operated by older Covid high risk people who want to apply their own rules.However I do not see why places like DVLA or the Passport office should be shut down.

• Thanks 1

On 8/15/2020 at 3:50 PM, David Horgan said:

Here's your milk , stuff your store , I'll go 40 yds up the road to a garage who appreciates the sale , walked out . 

milk is £1.50 in local garage or £1.05 in aldi

so 2 bottles a week = a saving of 50weeks approx x 90 new pence =£45

i do support my local garage in quantities of a £5 or £6 if pushed for their ultra expensive liquid gold,i tried adding it to the petrol prices in your area app but it crashed my phone:lol:

On 8/15/2020 at 9:51 AM, David Horgan said:

Love this example  for running a business during Covid 

We are looking for 6 bucket seats for the track cars , estimated cost around £3-4,000 for the lot so not a bad order really is it .

Phones this place in Notts to see if we can go out look and collect .

Response was amazing , " oh you cant just come I'll send you a text with the information we need :rolleyes:

text arrives . we need you to fill in the deceleration of health  saying you haven't got coughs , temperature or   feeling unwell etc . Prove we have a mask . Use the gloves provided and handwash on arrival omg . 

Then we only see people at 11am and 2 pm and only one person can come in at a time for 30 mins :o

So I rang back and said I have £4,000 with your name on it , only time I can get is 5pm are you sure you don't want the money .

.... and they really don't see it do they?

On 8/17/2020 at 2:40 PM, trade vet said:

Alternatively we are where we are because a lot of people are not respecting social distancing rules.When they reopened pubs and restaurants there has been an immediate Covid spike.( even in NZ which has been Covid free for 100 days ) I have some sympathy with Dave Horgan’s seat suppliers as it could be a small business and operated by older Covid high risk people who want to apply their own rules.However I do not see why places like DVLA or the Passport office should be shut down.

Yes to the above. And my own problem was the HM GRO. I have recently had to apply for a duplicate death certificate for a friend. This process is quite straightforward, involving me obtaining the correct ref numbers, name etc and paying £11 (a premium service is available?). Seven to ten working days was fine? But to blame CV for the delay, which turned into nearly three weeks, is lame! How many people does it take to sit at a computer station, type in my code and place a death certificate blank in the printer? The envelope is 'franked', addressed and posted automatically. Nobody has to lick a stamp or walk down to the post room at 5pm? Maybe i'm being tough of them?

Some of the attitudes have been terrible even when following there guidelines  

or local vet up until a few days  ago where only doing emergency appointments which is five time the price of a normal one surely they could simply collect the dog from the car park at scheduled times by using an extending  leash and ppe without the owner having to even enter obv depending on temperament of dog etc  

what amazes me is when your being polite to auction staff etc wait your turn not given them grief etc they go out there way to rude the office staff etc are decent I found it more the mangers and yard staff and yes you've guess it due to covid how exactly does it affect manners  .

On 8/19/2020 at 3:24 PM, metcars said:

Yes to the above. And my own problem was the HM GRO. I have recently had to apply for a duplicate death certificate for a friend. This process is quite straightforward, involving me obtaining the correct ref numbers, name etc and paying £11 (a premium service is available?). Seven to ten working days was fine? But to blame CV for the delay, which turned into nearly three weeks, is lame! How many people does it take to sit at a computer station, type in my code and place a death certificate blank in the printer? The envelope is 'franked', addressed and posted automatically. Nobody has to lick a stamp or walk down to the post room at 5pm? Maybe i'm being tough of them?

Well the HM Inland Revenue are still at it full bore;

since I have some bits and bobs offshore, I decided to make a Voluntary disclosure under the WWD facility, so my kids don't get stuck with any problems whenever my time is up; they came back on that like a rocket ship - fortunately a very good firm did all the necessary prior leg work, but Covid does not seem to have changed HMRC speed in coming straight back if there's any smell of some money they can milk though!!

13 hours ago, oldmarcus said:

Well the HM Inland Revenue are still at it full bore;

since I have some bits and bobs offshore, I decided to make a Voluntary disclosure under the WWD facility, so my kids don't get stuck with any problems whenever my time is up; they came back on that like a rocket ship - fortunately a very good firm did all the necessary prior leg work, but Covid does not seem to have changed HMRC speed in coming straight back if there's any smell of some money they can milk though!!

Death and taxes!

But not death certificates obviously

9 hours ago, metcars said:

Death and taxes!

But not death certificates obviously

:lol:

On 8/17/2020 at 12:32 PM, CCC said:

To some extent yes I agree.

But bear in mind government have put out a lot of guidance for businesses to adhere to. I am unsure of the legal complexities but potentially they could face sanctions for not adhering to government guidance. Thing I dont believe there has been a legal precident against companies not following it, so nobody really knows what could happen.

Edited by Stillnotadealer

It’s weird. I was driving back from Colchester today and noticed the lay-by cafes have managed to comply with the strict government guidelines by using some plastic fencing? 

3 hours ago, metcars said:

It’s weird. I was driving back from Colchester today and noticed the lay-by cafes have managed to comply with the strict government guidelines by using some plastic fencing? 

Better/safer those than Maccy D's when 1/2 price in August, me and my boy took the longer route back from the unit for a quick 'bargain bite' and it was heaving with people; we took one look and left, never saw a better way of spreading illness. Never usually touch that cr@p anyway, so no loss.

They must of had a hard time this year, I hope they all survived - at least our nearest one has which is handy sometimes.

Edited by oldmarcus

8 hours ago, oldmarcus said:

Better/safer those than Maccy D's when 1/2 price in August, me and my boy took the longer route back from the unit for a quick 'bargain bite' and it was heaving with people; we took one look and left, never saw a better way of spreading illness. Never usually touch that cr@p anyway, so no loss.

They must of had a hard time this year, I hope they all survived - at least our nearest one has which is handy sometimes.

The line in to the local McDonald's was grid lock tonight when i went out for some shopping .