Sign in to follow this  
david gott

CDP: How to get set up selling Finance and Stocking Facilities

We had our Close Brothers Finance area manager down at our pitch last week, we done a podcast about how to get set up to sell finance and using a stocking facility.

Some really helpful advice in this podcast if you’re just starting out and wanting to do finance but didn’t know how to get started and also if you’ve ever thought of taking on a stocking loan, there’s lots of great info!

Thanks

David

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/car-dealer-pro-podcast/id1506252764#episodeGuid=CarDealerPro.podbean.com%2F7c9d378b-254c-3b92-94fe-353ab30204bf

• Thanks 1

Well done David,you did well to get a word in.Unbelievable, he should be doing infomercials on shopping channels.I didn’t think Close employed fast talking guys like that.I like Close but I am afraid if I was still trading that guy would not get near our front door.

Just catching  up on the podcasts and listened to the 10 month warranty one, amazing that i think as a trader is it just me that gets these people? No! so many good bits in that podcast !

The piece about deposits, david if I may, it's not really being pushy asking for a deposit,  if I can offer some advice ? Asking for a deposit is reminding the customer that the car is out there with a for sale board in it and possibly also advertised ! Ask / remind the customer how they first saw it ? And that's how the next person might ! I have had daughters in tears when daddies come back 6 hour later, after " looking at some others" and seriously it wasn't nice poor lass! The sold board they thought was a joke, I had to show them the sold invoice! If they say they have only got twenty pounds  in there wallet, take it for 24 hour, if they refuse,you certainly know where you stand ;)

Thanks again by the way:)

11 hours ago, have a word with the wife said:

Just catching  up on the podcasts and listened to the 10 month warranty one, amazing that i think as a trader is it just me that gets these people? No! so many good bits in that podcast !

The piece about deposits, david if I may, it's not really being pushy asking for a deposit,  if I can offer some advice ? Asking for a deposit is reminding the customer that the car is out there with a for sale board in it and possibly also advertised ! Ask / remind the customer how they first saw it ? And that's how the next person might ! I have had daughters in tears when daddies come back 6 hour later, after " looking at some others" and seriously it wasn't nice poor lass! The sold board they thought was a joke, I had to show them the sold invoice! If they say they have only got twenty pounds  in there wallet, take it for 24 hour, if they refuse,you certainly know where you stand ;)

Thanks again by the way:)

I love buying cars. Thats one of the bits of the job I enjoy.

Selling cars and having a good day, month or huge margin makes me happy.

But I tell you what the best part of  car sales is when you give someone the opportunity to buy a really nice car from you and they say no to then sell to someone else and then they call back and get angry at you for selling it.

Don’t think I will be stealing the reps suggestion to tell the customer your better of with finance over a bank loan in case something goes wrong then the finance company can help where as if you take a bank loan your own your own !

• Like 1

5 hours ago, justina3 said:

Don’t think I will be stealing the reps suggestion to tell the customer your better of with finance over a bank loan in case something goes wrong then the finance company can help where as if you take a bank loan your own your own !

Haha yeah I thought the same. That’s gonna sound really good telling the customer ‘don’t worry, if it blows up and I don’t play ball then you can go to the finance company’. Err don’t think so 

6 hours ago, justina3 said:

The bit I laughed at was about the dealer who aspired to having a Lamborghini who did not offer finance.4 years later after setting up with Close he has a Lamborghini.If that is true this guy probably persueded him to put it on chucky with Close.

8 hours ago, trade vet said:

The bit I laughed at was about the dealer who aspired to having a Lamborghini who did not offer finance.4 years later after setting up with Close he has a Lamborghini.If that is true this guy probably persueded him to put it on chucky with Close.

I've been with Close for more than four years , I haven't got a Lamborghini :( 

Never listened to a podcast in my life, but was interested in the content of this one so had a listen. Ended up listening to several others straight after, and will no doubt listen to the rest in time. Good work David!

4 hours ago, David Horgan said:

Cos you don’t want one not because you can’t afford the monthlies I am sure :lol:

To be a quid behind you mate

14 hours ago, Rory RSC said:

Cos you don’t want one not because you can’t afford the monthlies I am sure :lol:

To be a quid behind you mate

My old fella made me save up twice for my first car , whys that i said , got to run it lad was his reply :lol: I never forgot that lesson . £205 mini 850 cc it was at 20,000 miles , wish i still had that little devil now 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

My old fella made me save up twice for my first car , whys that i said , got to run it lad was his reply :lol: I never forgot that lesson . £205 mini 850 cc it was at 20,000 miles , wish i still had that little devil now 

My old fella used to make me do all my own repairs services brakes ect under his watchfull eye of course. 

Good old times. 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2020 at 5:46 PM, trade vet said:

Well done David,you did well to get a word in.Unbelievable, he should be doing infomercials on shopping channels.I didn’t think Close employed fast talking guys like that.I like Close but I am afraid if I was still trading that guy would not get near our front door.

Haha that tickled me! he's a good though guy Ben, on call 24/7 and really helpful!

On 8/4/2020 at 5:43 PM, David Horgan said:

That’s coz their residuals are pish which makes the monthlies a fortune :lol:

39 minutes ago, MarkTVS said:

That’s coz their residuals are pish which makes the monthlies a fortune :lol:

Ha Ha ,How ‘ below the belt ‘ or even defamatory Mark to allege that Mr Horgan would want to acquire on chucky some Lambo shite for his personal use.

14 hours ago, trade vet said:

Ha Ha ,How ‘ below the belt ‘ or even defamatory Mark to allege that Mr Horgan would want to acquire on chucky some Lambo shite for his personal use.

I was just thinking the same thing :rolleyes: :D No offence Mark but next time I'm up north :lol: