DCS01

Facebook presence

On 8/1/2020 at 10:47 AM, David Horgan said:

I'm personally sick to the back teeth of face book " is this negotiable ?" NO  Whats your best price , £200 more than screen " I've got 2k max for this " its bloody £4,000 you idiot is my reply to that " Can i see this after 10pm  " yes on the web site  they are viewable 24/7 mate   , i want 6k for my px , its scrap mate and books at 4k , go away . 

That's my experience anyway , others may well have more success , depends on stock profile i think as we never get a response on our more up mkt stock only the cheaper end or px to clear stuff . 

Have a Fiat 500 on Facebook at £2650, an idiot popped up with 'can do £1600' so I just replied back 'I can't' !. Guy just gave a thumbs up as a reply. I like Facebook and it is cheap and free to advertise there. Do very well there with the advertising budget! Cars that do well though are normally best priced below 3K, just put them on there. Hopefully it will do well for you, there's no reason not to try it.

Wow! Feel the hate for FB!

We do pretty well from it, both from a customer retention and from a lead generation standpoint. 

Surprised to read all the negative comments, but I suppose a lot of it is down to what you sell, how you sell and manage the leads. It's a far cry away from simply loading stock onto a website and putting the kettle on. 

Stevie

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JimmyGlen said:

We do pretty well from it, both from a customer retention and from a lead generation standpoint. 

Surprised to read all the negative comments, but I suppose a lot of it is down to what you sell, how you sell and manage the leads. It's a far cry away from simply loading stock onto a website and putting the kettle on. 

Stevie

Totally agree, its here to stay thats for sure.

18 minutes ago, JimmyGlen said:

Stevie

Example for me on face book 

van for sale 65 plate Doblo 69k on clock took as px , we supplied this van last year so knew it and have also serviced it too  .

Dead genuine van 6 doors , 1600 cc , new tyres , new MOT , reverse sensors and air con , 

£5,999 no vat either .

Face book 11 enquiries wats yer best price on this van mate , gt px an its a gud un wats it wthh A ; what van have you got ? gora dob van 1300 st pics gt 137k on is it on for 4k to change n mi van . A ; its cat C TWICE my friend . Is this van available ring me back if you want shut of it see you've had it a while  so I've got 5k for it , A; been on sale 48 hrs my friend .

Now they are low quality leads in my head . :blink:

1 hour ago, David Horgan said:

Example for me on face book 

van for sale 65 plate Doblo 69k on clock took as px , we supplied this van last year so knew it and have also serviced it too  .

Dead genuine van 6 doors , 1600 cc , new tyres , new MOT , reverse sensors and air con , 

£5,999 no vat either .

Face book 11 enquiries wats yer best price on this van mate , gt px an its a gud un wats it wthh A ; what van have you got ? gora dob van 1300 st pics gt 137k on is it on for 4k to change n mi van . A ; its cat C TWICE my friend . Is this van available ring me back if you want shut of it see you've had it a while  so I've got 5k for it , A; been on sale 48 hrs my friend .

Now they are low quality leads in my head . :blink:

I took cash for a car yesterday and the bloke was adamant I was going to trouser it all:lol:

On 8/1/2020 at 8:11 AM, DCS01 said:

Morning All,

Despite eye watering auction prices and still getting my head around prep standards (after being prestige main dealer for the last 10 years) I have had a good start to my new venture. Wish I had done it years ago.

Just wondering if anyone out there uses Facebook much? I have an account which I stopped using about 8 years ago just because I was tired of the bullshit on there. However I am wondering if it is worth reactivating the account for business use, I am assuming that very little actual sales traffic will come out of it? But wondered if anyone found it useful just as a presence for their business? 

I suspect Facebook, like eBay and Car Gurus is fairly dependent on location. I've been tinkering for some time but certainly haven't found a sweet spot; just a few dead-end finance applications. I have associates in other, more densely populated areas that do sell a few so I think you need to suck it and see. Sadly, AT remains king for me by a country mile.

Edited by 15Cars

1 hour ago, It's me said:

I took cash for a car yesterday and the bloke was adamant I was going to trouser it all

That's because they DON'T understand takings Versus Profit  , some actually think the entire sell price is ours to keep, 

Edited by David Horgan

We are buying from FB regularly only a month ago i picked up a 2008 V70 Lux D5 146k Mint conditon guy had it in at 1200 needing a clutch managed to get there 1st with a grand and 4 beers:P 800 for LUK flywheel and clutch kit + labour, later it sold for 3950.

I am small fry and just starting up but all but 1 of my cars have been purchased through facebook and I have sold 50% through them.

Lots of 'chancers' but I would probably have to call myself one when looking to purchase tbh.

You can tell a lot from someones profile to so get a good idea of who you are dealing with when it comes closer to actually making a sale or purchase.

• Like 1

Thanks for everyone’s feedback. Still not sure. I kind of dipped back in and started to lurk on there. It kind of reminded me why I came off it in the 1st place. Same as twitter. Just a roundabout of arguments and being a lefty some pretty unsavoury views and misinformation.

Have managed to turn around my stock pretty well with Autotrader. Maybe will just us FB for stock sourcing.