Sign in to follow this  
BIGNIT

2010 megane, traction control flashes car cuts out

Sold car to customer says traction control light comes on and car cuts out sometimes when going round bends. He brought it back couldnt replicate the fault. Auto electrician couldnt see anything wrong.

Any ideas?

He is driving it so hard it's loosing traction on the inside wheel....it's doing what it was designed to do.:D 

Almost certainly an ABS sensor/pick up issue. Traction control thinks a wheel has lost traction and cuts power accordingly. 

11 hours ago, CGF said:

Almost certainly an ABS sensor/pick up issue. Traction control thinks a wheel has lost traction and cuts power accordingly. 

Either this /\ /\ /\ or bearing in mind you and your Techie can't replicate it then more likely this \/ \/ \/

14 hours ago, Frank Cannon said:

He is driving it so hard it's loosing traction on the inside wheel....it's doing what it was designed to do.:D 

He says its still happening and will bring it back again. 

I can understand it coming on, but why would the car cut out?

19 minutes ago, BIGNIT said:

I can understand it coming on, but why would the car cut out?

Does the customer have any mechanical understanding? If I were a betting man I’d bet by “cutting out” what your customer is referring to is the TC cutting the power and NOT what we’d all think of as cutting out. Ask him if he is having to restart the engine with the key/button & my guess is the answer will be ‘no’.

You will just need to do an extended test drive with the guy whilst viewing live data on a graph format to see what sensor Is spiking.

I’d be getting him to record which roads/ weather conditions  it’s happening on and then get him to drive with you in the car on those roads and tell him to drive as he normally would. He could just be a shocking driver who had a heavy right foot and doesn’t drive to the conditions of the road surface and the TC is doing what it’s supposed to be doing. Ie cutting the power and stopping him from damaging something! Did his last car have TC?

If it is a diesel so same mechanics as a  Nissan Juke, the dpf pipe to the sensor clogs up and bizarrely puts the traction control light on.