Sign in to follow this  
Dave2302

2016 Focus dead stuck in my drive entrance

2016 Focus, steering lock on, key fob won't work, ive changed battery in key, I can't move the bastard ................

Has anyone had this, point me in the right direction please, I've tried putting the Key on the pad inside the centre armrest too

Starter button does nowt, no dash light feck all :(

Car Battery OK, pre fuses ok, is there a way to at least get the bloody steering lock off so we can push it into the workshop.

There are only 4 electrical items working, Hazards, Sidelights (rear) Horn and the doors lock and unlock off the push button inside the driver door

10 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

2016 Focus, steering lock on, key fob won't work, ive changed battery in key, I can't move the bastard ................

Has anyone had this, point me in the right direction please, I've tried putting the Key on the pad inside the centre armrest too

Starter button does nowt, no dash light feck all :(

Car Battery OK, pre fuses ok, is there a way to at least get the bloody steering lock off so we can push it into the workshop.

There are only 4 electrical items working, Hazards, Sidelights (rear) Horn and the doors lock and unlock off the push button inside the driver door

Have you tried disconnecting the lead from the car battery for 10 mins and re connecting. Should start with key held at correct point, either the dash or the centre console even with fob battery dead

The dash doesn't even light up when you open the door, changed the Key battery, still nothing. Can't plug it into a diagnostic machine as Ignition won't go on, no communication ................

It's worth a shot disconnecting the battery, I'll try that now, but tbh not that hopeful

Does anyone have Fusebox locations, I've found the 2 under bonnet, Main Pre Fuses and regular Fuse relay box to left of battery, no dice there, where are the others we got family arriving soon and I cant move the fucker because steering is locked and it's locked on a lock, recovery guy used dollies and just dumped it, we were both out, my bloody car is parked kerbside outside our place :(

OK, found another fuse box under left passengers footwell, I'll grab a coffee while battery is disconnected for a few mins ;)

Can't find a lot of info on this thing on the net :( Rang Justin JC Cars, he no clue either ;)

If it's push button start Dave, you've hopefully got the tear drop shape key, that on the narrow end has two squeeze tabs.Squeeze the tabs and lift the ford logo centre piece. With a bit of luck, the key blade will be there for manual operation.

Key blade only opens the door, no key start, key has inductive chip as fail safe, place it on a pad inside armrest and it will start, only it doesn't because the key isn't the issue the dash doesn't even light up when I open the door !! best guess at the moment is it's lost a power supply to something

Damn ..!! 

Sorry Dave, I thought there was a manual ignition key barrel for emergencies..good luck

I'll shut up now....

No problem Tim, thanks for chipping in ................

Just fixed it !! It's just driven up the drive, now in front of Workshop so I can put all the trims back etc and reset the Air Flow Meter Code as I've had the Airbox off to get at the Pre Fuses and drove it down with it off ...................

155865017_sam_3934.jpg

155865016_sam_3933.jpg

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm so what was wrong with it ................

Simple answer, and I hate this, but simple answer is I don't fuckin know for sure :( .........................

So I disconnected the battery whilst I took the BSI Interior Fuse Box out, easier to check it fully, including all the Fuses, as it's way up above the footwell...........

155865015_sam_3932.jpg

This car has been in another garage since it broke down and they have been at it, someone has had this module out, I'm not 100% but I think a couple of the plugs weren't locked in properly.

I found no blown Fuzzes at all, so I stuck it all back together and was very careful to locate all the wiring Plugs properly, then re connected the battery and went and got the Key Fob off my desk, pressed the button it locked, pressed the other and it un locked, dash lit up, so I hopped in foot on Clutch and pressed start, and it fired straight up ;)

I'll smoke it about a bit before putting all the Interior back together, if it's OK that's gonna cost 'em, cheeky bastards didn't tell me when they were dropping it here, and just said they thought it wasn't charging, they never said steering was locked etc etc etc.

We'd been to a Funeral and came back to find it just abandoned and couldn't get down our drive :(

I think this ones gonna get a huuuuuuuge bill ;)

Edited by Dave2302

Had a similar problem with a vw golf only few lights would come on and everything else was dead. Had a mobile electrician out and it turned out to be a bad relay which was £10. Could be worth looking at as the symptoms sound about the same just a different car

Thanks Tony :)

The relays was gonna be my next move, luckily being a Henry, there are 3 types in the relay box, and more than one of each so would have been easy to swap them 2 by 2 ;)

However, here's my theory ..................

At least one entity has been at this Car since it broke down.

The owner says that the local garage who recovered it, and tried to fix it seemed like they didn't have a clue, which is true, they don't !!

Most of our local garages are still stuck in Points and Carburettor days, which is why I do so well in my Workshop, Main Stealers are all 120 mile round trip ++++ depending where the customer lives.

Muppet Garage removed the BSI for the same reason I did, (so they could actually get at the upper fuses), I think they found a blown one and replaced it thinking aha that's that then !!

Then when they put the unit back in they misplaced a plug and it wasn't actually in properly .................

That's all I got right now, this is a 37k mile Car, and since I got it running it hasn't missed a beat, I will be driving it everywhere next week, put a few hundred miles on it before it gets the all clear ;)

• Like 1

I've had quiet a few odd issues with Focus's which were solved by disconnecting the battery for 10 mins. Including one with similar issue to yours, one which wouldn't turn off once started (keyless start) and one which died on the motorway after the new owner had just pick it up.

Yes, you could very well be correct, I just bloody hate it when I don't find a 101% definite fault.

I've started / driven it several times now, locking / unlocking etc, faultless so far ................

I will use it more over the next few days, if it's OK it can go home with a large invoice :lol:

• Like 1