Sign in to follow this  
It's me

dvla shut for lunch

I was trying to get through to these people for a licence check code the other week. Nearly 3 hours pre-recorded nonsense and the line went dead. I felt driving down there to give them a large chunk of my mind !

1 hour ago, It's me said:

from 1 till 2 mon to friday:(

gis a job

To be fair its not like they work 9-5 with an hour for lunch.  Its 8-1pm  and 2-7pm  so they open 10 hours a day. I guess there is basically two 'shifts' of staff.

We always moan about DVLA but overall I find them OK. I have had a lot more problems with other organisations. The worst ever was Npower, absolutely shocking.

3 hours ago, G Dog said:

I was trying to get through to these people for a licence check code the other week. Nearly 3 hours pre-recorded nonsense and the line went dead. I felt driving down there to give them a large chunk of my mind !

You can get them online?

17 hours ago, Lakeside said:

You can get them online?

You can only get them online if other digital documentation matches. In this case, the gentleman had his middle name on his driving licence and no middle name on his passport. Hence, you have a digital mis-match and you will not get a check code. You will then require to call the DVLA for said code. This will also happen if there is a discrepancy with a National Insurance number. This documentation is digitally cross checked all at once to avoid fraud.

Skeleton crew. I’ve been waiting for my trade plate application to be processed for 8 weeks now.

Can’t say I’m surprised, even the website gets the evening off to chill out - sold, transferred or bought a vehicle website closed every day from 7pm to 7am - what possible good reason could there be for that :blink:

5 hours ago, JDM1983 said:

sold, transferred or bought a vehicle website closed every day from 7pm to 7am - what possible good reason could there be for that :blink:

Nowt to do with Covid19, that's always been the case. I don't know but I assume i's so if they need to do any maintenance they can do it whenever they like at their leisure.

7am to 7pm for online V5 change of ownership......do they employ a guy winding the computer handle or maybe a lady in a huge hamster wheel driving a generator for it

On 7/26/2020 at 8:51 PM, Frank Cannon said:

7am to 7pm for online V5 change of ownership......do they employ a guy winding the computer handle or maybe a lady in a huge hamster wheel driving a generator for it

:D:D