Paul Falcon Cars

Fiat Multipla key remolt not working

Hi All

I have a 2003 Fiat Multipla, the key fob has stopped working, replaced battery and red indicator light flashing when operating remolt, it worked perfectly until vehicle battery went flat. The central locking is working when operated manually. 

I would appreciate any help with programming. 

Paul. 

I can’t actually help with the issue but I’m more impressed that a multipla still exists :o

• Haha 1

Have you tried turning the ignition on and pressing the buttons on the key?

Or, do you have the owners manual? There might be a process in there for re-syncing the key remote?

These things are an unholy nightmare. Thankfully I haven't seen one in a long time.

My suggestion is as above - ignition on and press the button five times. ....

10 hours ago, MarkTVS said:

I can’t actually help with the issue but I’m more impressed that a multipla still exists :o

:lol: I must confess I’ve not seen one in years.

Don't listen to the haters :D

Brilliant cars, used to sell oodles of these, great sellors too......those early 'high light' ones really are getting quite rare. Handle like they are on rails. The sunroof switches break for Italy though and were made from unobtanium many years ago. 

On the key fobs they can cause the signal light to show but not send a request pulse nia the RF. Have you checked the key is sending a signal on a RF/radio check box? 

Also these early FIATs use a dumb remote in that it simply operates the central locking, doesn't link to immobiliser or anything else. 

What this means is the signal reader from one car (interior light area) is matched to it's remote so you could in theory take the reader from one car with it's matching remote fob and simply swop over the reader and use it's remote. 

1 hour ago, Frank Cannon said:

and were made from unobtanium many years ago. 

:D...had a few parts made of that stuff myself this month

2 hours ago, Frank Cannon said:

Don't listen to the haters :D

Brilliant cars, used to sell oodles of these, great sellors too......those early 'high light' ones really are getting quite rare. Handle like they are on rails. The sunroof switches break for Italy though and were made from unobtanium many years ago. 

On the key fobs they can cause the signal light to show but not send a request pulse nia the RF. Have you checked the key is sending a signal on a RF/radio check box? 

Also these early FIATs use a dumb remote in that it simply operates the central locking, doesn't link to immobiliser or anything else. 

What this means is the signal reader from one car (interior light area) is matched to it's remote so you could in theory take the reader from one car with it's matching remote fob and simply swop over the reader and use it's remote. 

I have never come across a ‘ Popemobile Aficionado ‘ before .I seem to recall that you could nick them at the block as most of the trade sreered clear.The punters liked them.....’ made from unobtanium ‘ love it.

On 7/22/2020 at 10:34 AM, MarkTVS said:

Proverbial lunch box on wheels. . . . . . . Used to sell plenty to good ppl of EK and surrounding they would travel for them (strange individuals)

Isn't the key worth more than the car? :lol: