Are we classed as shops or showrooms? Are customers required to wear them?

If it does apply to us from what I understand of the new law employees/ workers at these shops aren’t mandated to wear the masks but customers are. Make sense of that? It’s also not our responsibility to enforce if it applies to us.

All as clear as mud then you have the different rules for devolved parliaments which makes it even more confusing.

2 hours ago, Mojo121 said:

If it does apply to us from what I understand of the new law employees/ workers at these shops aren’t mandated to wear the masks but customers are.

Regarding Mels shop, yes that is exactly it for Scotland ...........

However, it's all very well for the powers that be to mandate all this shit, but the Cops refuse to Police any of  it :(

Regular Customers to the shop are ignoring all the rules, Tourists are even worse, and when Mel / staff refuse to serve the ass holes, some start throwing their shopping basket and goods around, violent foul mouthed abuse etc ...............

So she bells the cops, they aren't interested, I quote " By the time we get there the perp will be long gone" ................ Errrm wot about the CCTV, Vehicle Reg Numbers etc etc ................... Nope no one can be arsed :(

I can see us closing the shop soon, sick of all this rubbish now, if you can believe some of the nonsense on the news Covid is now spreading again, no wonder really now everyone and his dog is tramping around everywhere including those from overseas. Absolute joke !!

And do the stupid Masks actually do anything ???????????????

A Virus is microscopic, but if I shat my pants with a big old log, whilst wearing thick work trousers plus overalls on, you would still smell it, so I rest my case :lol:

You cant fix stupid comes to mind, i got told off yesterday for not wearing a mask and how her husband has had lung cancer so he has to wear one everywhere, i was soooo tempted but didnt ask why she wasnt wearing one ? they both got in there cars he took his mask off feeling very safe for the protection it afforded him and drove off with his wife feet away from him who hasnt wore one once.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, justina3 said:

You cant fix stupid comes to mind, i got told off yesterday for not wearing a mask and how her husband has had lung cancer so he has to wear one everywhere, i was soooo tempted but didnt ask why she wasnt wearing one ? they both got in there cars he took his mask off feeling very safe for the protection it afforded him and drove off with his wife feet away from him who hasnt wore one once.

Stupid woman , fancy shouting at you :o  , To filter a Virus we would all need hazmat suits , Some cotton face covering that doesn't even get get washed for a guess makes no  difference to virus size particles . 

Just to keep us reminded about the word Covid , masks are a visual aid to keep the virus alive in our heads that,s all they will do .

Talking about masks just on the way to collect and a car from down south decided to get on the train, fucking he'll I'm only 20 minutes and and the warm air from my mouth is so annoying I just feel like taking it off:ph34r: hats off to all the drs and nurses who have had to wear this for 12-13 hour shift I tell you they not easy to keep on

4 hours ago, Tony911 said:

Talking about masks just on the way to collect and a car from down south decided to get on the train, fucking he'll I'm only 20 minutes and and the warm air from my mouth is so annoying I just feel like taking it off:ph34r: hats off to all the drs and nurses who have had to wear this for 12-13 hour shift I tell you they not easy to keep on

Cut a hole in the front of it :)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, justina3 said:

NYou cant fix stupid comes to mind, i got told off yesterday for not wearing a mask and how her husband has had lung cancer so he has to wear one everywhere, i was soooo tempted but didnt ask why she wasnt wearing one ? they both got in there cars he took his mask off feeling very safe for the protection it afforded him and drove off with his wife feet away from him who hasnt wore one once.

Ive asthma and genuinely exempt but sill wear a snood in the bigger shops and supermarkets thats the reasons I wear it due to people like that mainly and  I guess out of respect for other customers and staff but how was she to know that you didn't also have a medical condition making you exempt like asthma etc 

4 hours ago, Tony911 said:

Get a snood from eBay Tony best £4 I ever spent  I cant breathe good with they masks due to my asthma but still like the snood for the bigger shops supermarkets and trains and buses .due to members of the public like Justina mentioned . 

23 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Cut a hole in the front of it :)

Great idea for the smokers too David lol .

6 hours ago, Dave2302 said:

Regarding Mels shop, yes that is exactly it for Scotland ...........

However, it's all very well for the powers that be to mandate all this shit, but the Cops refuse to Police any of  it :(

Regular Customers to the shop are ignoring all the rules, Tourists are even worse, and when Mel / staff refuse to serve the ass holes, some start throwing their shopping basket and goods around, violent foul mouthed abuse etc ...............

So she bells the cops, they aren't interested, I quote " By the time we get there the perp will be long gone" ................ Errrm wot about the CCTV, Vehicle Reg Numbers etc etc ................... Nope no one can be arsed :(

I can see us closing the shop soon, sick of all this rubbish now, if you can believe some of the nonsense on the news Covid is now spreading again, no wonder really now everyone and his dog is tramping around everywhere including those from overseas. Absolute joke !!

And do the stupid Masks actually do anything ???????????????

A Virus is microscopic, but if I shat my pants with a big old log, whilst wearing thick work trousers plus overalls on, you would still smell it, so I rest my case :lol:

Hope Mel is ok Dave Mate its the last thing she and the staff need with what is going on some people have a shocking terrible attitude to people who are only doing there jobs as I mentioned above I'm exempt but still wear a snood out of respect and politeness for another shoppers and staff members . And funnily enough I explained  it in a similar way to you lol .  

Yes, I wear one out of respect for the wishes of others, I have one in each of our Vehicles so I don't forget it, ;) it just sickens me that there are so many ignorant folks around up here right now !!

Very brave ignorant bastards they are, I actually spent a day in the shop last week dealing with them, not once did I get shopping thrown around or verbal abuse ................

Fuckin cowards, but of course when the ladies are there on their own, these wankers get all brave and think they are clever !!

I've seen the CCTV footage, I know the staff aren't exaggerating, one young lass has already jacked her job ............. Knob Jockeys the lot of 'em :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Casper said:

Great idea for the smokers too David lol .

That could be a new venture casper " SMOKERS MASK " , or " VAPE MASK " :D

Punch a hole and charge double money :ph34r:

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

Yes, I wear one out of respect for the wishes of others, I have one in each of our Vehicles so I don't forget it, ;) it just sickens me that there are so many ignorant folks around up here right now !!

Very brave ignorant bastards they are, I actually spent a day in the shop last week dealing with them, not once did I get shopping thrown around or verbal abuse ................

Fuckin cowards, but of course when the ladies are there on their own, these wankers get all brave and think they are clever !!

I've seen the CCTV footage, I know the staff aren't exaggerating, one young lass has already jacked her job ............. Knob Jockeys the lot of 'em :(

Couldn't agree more . Its sad isn't it when someone has to jack there job because of people like that stay safe and well 

Will a rubber gimp mask with the zip closed be acceptable attire in shops & on public transport soon?

Edited by BHM
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, BHM said:

Will a rubber gimp mask with the zip closed be acceptable attire in shops & on public transport soon?

Complies with a FACE cover so if you dare :D

Joking aside 

Does the public have to wear one then to visit us in a unit showroom? , or just in the office ?, but the office isn't a shop so I'm not sure . 

Read the reasons you might consider yourself exempt last night , whole list of ; well if it make you feel uncomfortable you dont need one , if you have to eat or drink you dont need one , lip readers dont need one , breathing problems you dont need one , in charge of people who might be unruly you dont one , Dont need to get a medical cert to prove otherwise if you are exempt or not . 

Sounds a total mix up if you get into the rules of yes or no , then whos going to question someone if they come in a showroom with both doors open wanting to spend a few thousand quid . Chances of the cops following them in is pretty remote isnt it . 

On 7/22/2020 at 10:11 AM, David Horgan said:

Does the public have to wear one then to visit us in a unit showroom? , or just in the office ?, but the office isn't a shop so I'm not sure . 

Sounds a total mix up if you get into the rules of yes or no , then whos going to question someone if they come in a showroom with both doors open wanting to spend a few thousand quid . Chances of the cops following them in is pretty remote isnt it . 

Yes, it is a enclosed  public place ! Customers must wear face coverings ! Unless  exempt.

Outside no, inside yes.

On the question of who is going to question someone if they come into a showroom? Er, you ! :lol:.

Alleviate  the problem by a simple sign "face coverings to be worn"

12 hours ago, have a word with the wife said:

On the question of who is going to question someone if they come into a showroom? Er, you ! :lol:.

Alleviate  the problem by a simple sign "face coverings to be worn"

I'm not questioning anyone about a cotton face mask , haven't done for for previous few months so not starting an argument now , Just upset a customer that wants to spend a few thousand quid with me is not my way of first contact  if they don't want to . 

As for putting signs up stating you have to wear one , what if they want to spend a few thousand quid and don't want to wear one , they would just turn and walk off , again not for me .

Social distance has worked just fine , a cotton face cover will do nothing . 

1 hour ago, David Horgan said:

Just upset a customer that wants to spend a few thousand quid with me is not my way of first contact  if they don't want to . 

:lol: Too bloody true!

Could do with one for some of the smelly ones, dirty bastards when its a warm day. Turning up to view £10k/£20k cars but can't afford a can of deodarent for a £1.00

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Rory RSC said:

Could do with one for some of the smelly ones, dirty bastards when its a warm day. Turning up to view £10k/£20k cars but can't afford a can of deodarent for a £1.00

My budget is £150 a munf and I’ll ave it tuday mate

10 hours ago, David Horgan said:

I'm not questioning anyone about a cotton face mask , haven't done for for previous few months so not starting an argument now , Just upset a customer that wants to spend a few thousand quid with me is not my way of first contact  if they don't want to . 

As for putting signs up stating you have to wear one , what if they want to spend a few thousand quid and don't want to wear one , they would just turn and walk off , again not for me .

Social distance has worked just fine , a cotton face cover will do nothing . 

I am just really pleased the government's  not put the burden on us to ensure that customers  comply, I thought it might have gone that way :huh:.

Would I serve a customer wanting to spend "a few thousand quid" but refuses to wear a face covering in a enclosed public place ? Where I work ? Where other customers  are / may enter ? NO !

Edited by have a word with the wife

Here's my own sad but true light hearted take on all this C-19 bullshit ..................

The powers that be say

"Go to work, don't go to work"

"Get the bus, don't get the bus"

"Wear a mask, don't wear a mask" ...........

If you are exempt you have no legal requirement to wear a mask .........

One of the exemptions is "If you are uncomfortable wearing a mask" ..........

There is no "proof" of exemption (i.e. Doctors Letter etc) required ...........

You can now print your own little "I'm Exempt" Stickers to put on your lapel, jumper, hoodie, shell suit etc etc from off the internet :lol:

Everyone and his dog is now working /\ /\ /\ that one out, so guess what, everyone and his dog is now saying they are exempt and the Police / CPS / Procurator Fiscal would not be able to prosecute successfully, even if they actually wanted to do some proper work with the resources available ..............

When every other one of your Customers has started that old malarky, like all the Tourists and some locals up here have in Mels grocery stores shop, you might as well shut the business up if you exercise your rights not to serve all of them !!

But guess what, unless someone is wearing a sealed air fed mask and dragging a compressor etc along behind them, they will risk catching it anyway because the run of the mill masks don't work with microscopic virus particles anyway !! Medical scientists fact, not mine or Face - glued - screen - book bullshit ;)

Do they significantly reduce the risk ? Do they actually reduce the risk at all ? ............

Very unlikely unless some twat sneezes or coughs a grolly on your moosh !!

Which was the whole reason for the 2m distance in the first instance ;)

If the Govt now told everyone on telly, social media etc etc that repeated wanking prevented you from catching C-19 then a large proportion of the population would be wankers ...................

Oh wait !! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

If it wasn't so fuckin' true it'd be funny :D

I do believe if I'm gonna catch it c'est la vie ..............

The only other viable option is to become a snowflake and go into "Fear and Self Isolation Mode" for the foreseeable :rolleyes:

Edited by Dave2302
  • Haha 1