Sign in to follow this  
David Horgan

Private guy selling his car to a garage

This guy pulls up with a Suzuki Swift Sport ,White ,  15 plate , nice service history good miles . lovely condition to be fair . HPI clean , Decent MOT , two keys his car as hes got his licence and V5 

So far all good :)

A few questions later and hes telling me what he wants , to be fair again hes not being greedy either as I would have hit him at that figure anyway . 

Ok fella I'll take that then I say , Give me your bank details and I'll Transfer and do the docs for you Now . 

Now here's where we go down hill :lol:

Er Ok then he goes , " but i still want to drive it because i need it for work " how does that work fella was my response :rolleyes:

"Well i need to keep it till sept 20th when my insurance runs out because I cant get insurance on the new car till then as I need my No Claims . " But that's TWO Months away yet I say  :o"

"Well I'm looking for a deposit on my Swift and I will save it for you as I need a deposit for my new car and haven't got any money :o

You have to give the fella 10/10 for even thinking that's possible , I told him to go away don't be stupid , or sell the car NOW and put a deposit down while your catching the bus to work . Regards the insurance , leave it running if you must . 

They are getting more dopey by the week :D

• Haha 1

:lol: I've got a few cars at my yard you can leave a dipper on until september aswell... better than a Bounce back loan that :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, David Horgan said:

This guy pulls up with a Suzuki Swift Sport ,White ,  15 plate , nice service history good miles . lovely condition to be fair . HPI clean , Decent MOT , two keys his car as hes got his licence and V5 

A few questions later and hes telling me what he wants , to be fair again hes not being greedy either as I would have hit him at that figure anyway . 

Ok fella I'll take that then I say , Give me your bank details and I'll Transfer and do the docs for you Now . 

Er Ok then he goes , " but i still want to drive it because i need it for work " how does that work fella was my response :rolleyes:

"Well i need to keep it till sept 20th when my insurance runs out because I cant get insurance on the new car till then as I need my No Claims . " But that's TWO Months away yet I say  :o"

"Well I'm looking for a deposit on my Swift and I will save it for you as I need a deposit for my new car and haven't got any money :o

You have to give the fella 10/10 for even thinking that's possible , I told him to go away don't be stupid , or sell the car NOW and put a deposit down while your catching the bus to work . Regards the insurance , leave it running if you must . 

I would be thinking there is a deal somewhere here.Depending on how much deposit he wanted,I would not have dismissed the idea.With due diligence and T&C’s worded in your favour allowing for a price chip in Sept.etc.Then again there is probably another story to it !

15 hours ago, trade vet said:

I would be thinking there is a deal somewhere here

There is a deal in my mind as well , He sells me the car and walks home LOL period , done , he has to learn in life in my opinion . 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

There is a deal in my mind as well , He sells me the car and walks home LOL period , done , he has to learn in life in my opinion . 

:lol::lol: Too true! There’s no dealing with a numbskull like that. 

On 7/18/2020 at 4:56 PM, David Horgan said:

A James Bush customer if ever I've heard of one. How did he even think it might be possible??

1 minute ago, MattR said:

A James Bush customer if ever I've heard of one. How did he even think it might be possible??

i did think the same when he was here :lol: