Sign in to follow this  
It's me

dirtiest p/x

took this in today,the picture doesn't really do justice to how dirty it really is,can anyone beat it?,no cheating mind:P

2016-01-18 14.21.01.jpg

Edited by s and b

How about my corsa, we took it as a px, it was supposedly clean and tidy - I had to put a new wing on it as the dent was that big and there are scrapes and other dents elsewhere. The interior was disgusting, you couldn't see the carpet for dirt and the seats .... Still it came up alright in the end. Not bad for £700, it's an 08 life 1.2 and has been my daily runner for 6 months. It owes me a radiator :)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

A few years ago I went to demo a car at a customers house, alarm bells should have started ringing at the "beware of the dogs" sign. Anyway the demo went well and we started to talk about the part exchange, 5 year old mondeo estate. I was taken to the car and opened the doors and gagged at the smell coming out, the back seats were down and the whole of the rear was covered in dog hair and dog fluid. It's the only car I've never offered a value on!!

Not a part exchange but about 10 years ago I sold a TATA Loadbeater Pick Up to the local egg farmer. Imagine stereotypical Devon/Dorset farmer type in a little Britain type way and you get the idea. He brings it back for service and MOT and I have to drop him back to the farm in it. In the back are 6 big dustbins which he asks me to unload, not a problem expecting them to be full of grain. I was wrong, they were full of the slops and waste food scrapped off peoples plates from the local holiday camp. I'm sure people don't have stew and dumplings for breakfast so they were clearly from the day before and left in the summer heat. 

I still remember the smell now...........it never leaves you....never !!!

• Like 4

How about dogs, kids and Motability? 

A photo from last year, one of the worst I've ever seen for rubbish..

1911990_10152162384803654_915263089_n.jpg

MG ZS? 

At a place I used to work we managed our own fleet - disposals and refurbs etc.  A sales guy's Mondeo came back and it looked like he'd put a wood-chipper in the boot before feeding three quarters of a forest into it, It took the valeter five hours to get the bits of wood and leaves out of the boot, the back seats were full of dog hair and various bits of trim were cracked and scratched.  Goodness only knows how he trashed it so badly in four years, it would have passed for a 12 year old farm hack.

Saw a Motability Zafira which had been used to haul building rubble from the rear of the front seats up to window level.

It was trashed.

Saw a Motability Zafira which had been used to haul building rubble from the rear of the front seats up to window level.

It was trashed.

Grade 3?

• Like 4

I thought I'd heard of it before......

Farmersgolf

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

300px-Farmer%27s_Golf_action.jpg

Preparing for a swing in Farmersgolf.

Farmersgolf (Boerengolf in Dutch) is a farm land game modelled after the sport of golf. It originated from a cheese farm run by Peter Weenink in Lievelde, a small village in the Achterhoek region of the Netherlands.

It was invented out of frustration with costly golf course fees in the Netherlands, and with a test called the GVB (Golfvaardigheidsbewijs) which most Dutch courses require players to pass before being allowed to play.

The first game was played in 1999, and since then games have also been played in Germany, Belgium, Sweden, France and Finland. There are currently about 70 farmers golf locations in the Netherlands, and over 110 Europe-wide. In 2005, over 10,000 people played the game on Weenink's course alone.

Farmersgolf is played with a special wooden golf club, with a club head in the shape of a wooden shoe, or clog (in Dutch: klomp). A farmers golf ball is, with its 20 centimeter diameter, much larger than a traditional golf ball.

A golf hole is made by placing a bucket in the ground and a flagpole beside it. The 8 to 10 holes have, on average, more than 200 meters distance between them.

The defining feature of Farmersgolf is that the game is played on an otherwise unaltered farm. Obstacles and "hazards" include anything one might find on the farm, including live cows, ditches and barbed wire.

The Farmersgolf name is trademarked in several countries and Weenink hopes to establish an international association that will raise the game to the level of serious sport.

• Like 4

I took in a Citroen C1 two months back, it was one of them deals i gave right sort of money to resell but when the car came in and deal done (must been of the ball that day) I could not believe the sate of the vehicle, I have never seen so much mould in a car it was in every crevice you could imagine.

It was that bad I sent it to the block rather than try and tackle it, I wiped it down on the seats an dash with g101 and sent it packing. However the auction had no luck and could not even get anywhere near what i Paid. 

So I went to collect it, and my GOD !!! it was even worse than when I left it, No wonder no one had bid even reasonable offer for it, Window down all way back to base about to throw up it was that bad.  Next Day we Gave it 3 hours of intense shampooing and thorough clean, heaters on and dried out. Next day it was still coming back in places. So we removed the seats jet washed them got george (thats our wet dry cleaner by the way lol)  on all the carpets , re-died with carpet die black. 

in the end it came up good and became clean car, sold it for £1795, customer drove it loved it did not mention anything about the interior, left deposit and was to collect Friday just gone. (its now Wed Afternoon) Goes and puts it inside workshop for oil and filter, mot etc, and Bang, Clutch plate collapses without warning.

Begged one of mechanics with £70, rang euros got a clutch sent over and he stayed the evening fitting it, this car was going out no matter what

the relief when she drove it away on friday, £260 profit out of car that was so nearly a loss cause 

Edited by betginge
  • Like 1

Older C1s very prone to need clutches at about 40k. Also leak like a sieve through the rear lights, vents and/or tailgate. So don't be surprised if it lands back on your toes the day after the next rainstorm.

• Like 1

That was the strange thing green giant, the car was dry no wet in the rear boot near lights or front carpets. the only reason we dried it out with heaters was when we wet vac etc. 

Clutch was not really an issue, they take 2 1/2 hours to do, nice easy clutch and cheap to buy, at least it was not a mondeo tdci or the worse of the worse

Toyota Rav 4 !!!! Now there's a clutch I will never get involved with again.

I Tell My mechanics never quote  following Jobs:

1.  King Pins 

2. Clutch on a Rav 4 

Hope Your Wrong Green Giant and it does not come back, Im getting pastie just thinking about it :(

Edited by betginge

You may be lucky and it could have had the leaks fixed recently, but just never dried out properly.

Time will tell.....