D&M

Every Day is a School Day! - Honda Civic Mk8

Had a little chuckle at my own stupidity earlier today - thought I'd share!

Honda Civic Mk8 - We've had a few of them, always do pretty well out of them and the buyers are sensible.

Almost every single one we've had is has had the boot floor missing. I've been writing that it is missing on our PDIs and explaining to customers that its missing, and at the same time wondering how on earth all these different people have managed to lose this pretty big piece of carpet lined plastic.:huh:

Today, whilst valeting our latest one - again missing the boot floor, I lift up the boot liner to vacuum out the underneath and notice that there is a little tag to hook it up onto the parcel shelf so it stays upright - but it doesn't quite reach the tag. When you pull it high enough to hook it up, the back end is the exact same height as the rest of the boot.

Then it twigs - the boot floor is height adjustable! Duh! All these customers I've been telling that it is missing, and writing on PDIs is because I'm stupid!

I always wondered why the boot floor was carpeted, and underneath is another piece of carpeting. Now I know. :rolleyes:

I’m wondering why anyone would write about a bit of boot carpet on a PDI.

I had similar on a 2013 E Class estate, advertised it with the factory Dog Guard, guy came back screaming and yelling I had stolen it from his car as it was there when he first viewed, and not there on collection day, he said he had "noticed we had stolen his Dog Guard" immediately when he got home .....................

I resisted the temptation to tell him he was a fucking twat who hadn't RTFM ...............

Imagine what a twunt he must of felt when I reached inside with the Tailgate up to just behind the Luggage Roller Blind and rolled up the Dog Guard Shutter and hooked it into the Roof Receptacles !!

I also took the time to sarcastically point out that Mel and I are not into conning our Customers, guess I should have expected aggro from him bearing in mind he was English and recently relocated to Plockton ;)

Edited by Dave2302

On 6/28/2020 at 2:53 PM, D&M said:

Honda Civic Mk8 - We've had a few of them, always do pretty well out of them and the buyers are sensible.

Almost every single one we've had is has had the boot floor missing. I've been writing that it is missing on our PDIs and explaining to customers that its missing, and at the same time wondering how on earth all these different people have managed to lose this pretty big piece of carpet lined plastic.:huh:

Today, whilst valeting our latest one - again missing the boot floor, I lift up the boot liner to vacuum out the underneath and notice that there is a little tag to hook it up onto the parcel shelf so it stays upright - but it doesn't quite reach the tag. When you pull it high enough to hook it up, the back end is the exact same height as the rest of the boot.

Then it twigs - the boot floor is height adjustable! Duh! All these customers I've been telling that it is missing, and writing on PDIs is because I'm stupid!

I always wondered why the boot floor was carpeted, and underneath is another piece of carpeting. Now I know. :rolleyes:

School boy error . :) go stand in the corner seriously though could happen to anyone bet the previous customers were happy when they found it .. 

On 6/28/2020 at 2:53 PM, D&M said:

Write to all the other customers now and admit your a silly boy , bet they thought what the f### is he on about when your wobbling on about the floor missing :lol::lol:

Took some owning upto though I'll give you 10/10 for that :rolleyes:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, David Horgan said:

Took some owning upto though I'll give you 10/10 for that 

me too, I'd have kept schtum !!

• Like 1

Honesty is the best policy they say guess whoever said that never ever met Arthur Daley :lol:   Bag social distanced pat on the back for your honesty 10/10  hope you are well