Sign in to follow this  
chan

take off private plate

hi,

i would like to take off a private plate from a part exchange car that i got .how do i do that and how its works ?

Tax it , put it your name , wait for new V5 to arrive back , put plate on retention , assign the car with original plate , wait for new V5 to arrive , put car back in trade 

Simples 

26 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Tax it , put it your name , wait for new V5 to arrive back , put plate on retention , assign the car with original plate , wait for new V5 to arrive , put car back in trade 

Simples 

There really should be an easier system, it’s slightly better now we have online v5 reassigning but often I just can’t be bothered!

13 hours ago, chan said:

hi,

i would like to take off a private plate from a part exchange car that i got .how do i do that  ?

It is held by two screws, these may be hidden under plastic covers, either yellow or black in colour, then you'll see the screws, turn them to the left with a suitable  instrument, usually  a "screw driver" will suffice, remember, lefty for Lucy, right for tighty :lol:

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, have a word with the wife said:

It is held by two screws, these may be hidden under plastic covers, either yellow or black in colour, then you'll see the screws, turn them to the left with a suitable  instrument, usually  a "screw driver" will suffice, remember, lefty for Lucy, right for tighty :lol:

:lol:

Might be double sided tape :o, if its what we use as tape you will need a hand grenade to remove it . :(

58 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

:lol:

Might be double sided tape :o, if its what we use as tape you will need a hand grenade to remove it . :(

what,

you mean you are pulling it and then all of a sudden it breaks free and you go back  4 foot before you fall on your arse

no never done that:(:lol:

1 hour ago, New year revolutions...... said:

what,

you mean you are pulling it and then all of a sudden it breaks free and you go back  4 foot before you fall on your arse

no never done that:(:lol:

That's me :lol:almost every bloody time 

LOL ..................

Re the DVLA & plate retention, I don't think you'll find it needs be taxed, as long as it's not had a gap in Sorn or it's also ok untaxed (IIRC) if it's In Trade ;)

Edited by Dave2302