Sign in to follow this  
BIGNIT

Parking notice - can I give customer deatils out?

Received parking notice for a car after we sold it.

Can I give the parking company the customers details?

They asked for it in writing - can I charge them as why should I use my time posting and writing it, my fuel driving to post it, and my ink and paper for free?

I wonder if GDPR restricts giving out info, apparently on service history invoices we are supposed to remove old customer's details if I remember correctly...

What kind of parking notice? Council? Public land? etc The rules are different depending. Its not really my area so I can't really help but there's a lot of resources on the internet eg Pepipoo, and a lot of bad advice too!

The car was no longer yours so all you do is write to tell them this. THEY need to get the ownership details from the dvla.

• Like 1

If its one of these so-called parking charge notices (PCN) then its really just an invoice to the driver requesting payment for parking. Since you can presumably easily prove that the parking charge arose after you sold the car then its really nothing to do with you - its between them and whoever the driver was at the time.  You can either bin it or, if feeling generous, send them an email telling them to go back to DVLA.

20 hours ago, Halfpenny said:

You can either bin it or, if feeling generous, send them an email telling them to go back to DVLA.

/\ /\ /\ That ;)

Thanks for advice, I rang them and informed vehicle is sold and to contact DVLA for new keepers details

If customer was cool I would say we had sold it. 

If customer was a dick I would forward details. 

Hopefully, here you all will be able to try out the Parking notice - can I give customer details out as that was what we needed to look for the first time now. We all needed to try for great resumes fast reviews as these are what we will like to explore for the very first time now.

7 hours ago, oneenn said:

Hopefully, here you all will be able to try out the Parking notice - can I give customer details out as that was what we needed to look for the first time now. We all needed to try for great resumes fast reviews as these are what we will like to explore for the very first time now.

My god will they ever give in :ph34r:

19 hours ago, David Horgan said:

My god will they ever give in :ph34r:

No :lol::lol: