Sign in to follow this  
have a word with the wife

1 metre distance ?

Talk of reducing the social distance this coming week, so all who including me, have wasted money on making / buying 2 metre gaps signage :rolleyes:

But, here, it is staying, and customers will have to abide until it is zero distance, at just over 3 foot it is too near spitting distance!

I think at one metre your just saying back to normal, I think a bad move, as it is this week I have had to remind people about the gap and the worst thing is reminding people to stop touching things! Nearly run out of anti viral spray already!

But we do need to get driving instructors and examiners back somehow, I do a lot of business  with daddies little twinkle,  and it can be a quite easy sale.

Test drives ? At 1 metre are you now willing to go out with them ?

Or do you put them in the back.? No way will I be going in back by the way, I like to be near the wheel for customers  that can't judge where the kerb is !

Been inferred  this week l may be going over cautious, reminded them it is my business,  run by me, my way, if you do not want to buy at a covid secure business,  erm, go away :)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, have a word with the wife said:

Been inferred  this week l may be going over cautious, reminded them it is my business,  run by me, my way, if you do not want to buy at a covid secure business,  erm, go away :)

Ultimately it’s your decision, you can operate a 5mtr zone if you wish. Tbh for some punters I’d like to introduce a 100 mile zone!

• Haha 1

Do what you want to do. Everyone will do it differently, which begs the question; if it’s that serious why are there guidelines/ recommendations and not strict rules/ penalties...?

Most customers I’ve met couldn’t care less and the ones paranoid about it are better not to deal with - why does the car take 2 seconds and not 1.5 seconds to start? What’s the whirring noise? 

Edited by Mojo121

According to Office for National Statistics about 0.06% of the UK population were infected with Covid19 on 12th June (its probably lower now).

The risk of transmission at 1m from an infected person is 3%.  At 2m it is 1.5%.

So total overall probability of catching Covid from a random stranger is 1 in 55000 at 1m and 1 in 110000 at 2m.  If you screen customers with a quick temperature check then the risk will drop further.

So up to you to decide, and take your chances.  I think good ventilation (air movement) is crucial to lowering the risk. So doors and windows open as much as possible.

Personally I am more worried about being in busy supermarkets...   its not like car showrooms get that crowded...  ;-(

• Like 1

15 hours ago, have a word with the wife said:

Talk of reducing the social distance this coming week, so all who including me, have wasted money on making / buying 2 metre gaps signage :rolleyes:

But, here, it is staying, and customers will have to abide until it is zero distance, at just over 3 foot it is too near spitting distance!

I think at one metre your just saying back to normal, I think a bad move, as it is this week I have had to remind people about the gap and the worst thing is reminding people to stop touching things! Nearly run out of anti viral spray already!

But we do need to get driving instructors and examiners back somehow, I do a lot of business  with daddies little twinkle,  and it can be a quite easy sale.

Test drives ? At 1 metre are you now willing to go out with them ?

Or do you put them in the back.? No way will I be going in back by the way, I like to be near the wheel for customers  that can't judge where the kerb is !

Keep the distance where you are comfortable. Ive found that although many of the customers I've encountered since June 1st when I re opened arent too bothered about keeping a distance, they do respect the request to keep 2 metres plus away.

I agree, at 1 metre its almost pointless. risk is low, very low, but still there. I'll take a view on test drives as and when things change. 

1 hour ago, MattR said:

I agree, at 1 metre its almost pointless. risk is low, very low, but still there. I'll take a view on test drives as and when things change.

Wouldn't most of us be a metre away anyway? Much closer & you're in their personal space, or fornicating.

You're supposed to wear a mask whilst engaging in fornicatory activities, Mel had to cut a hole in hers :P

1 hour ago, BHM said:

Wouldn't most of us be a metre away anyway? Much closer & you're in their personal space, or fornicating.

Very True . people getting worried about 3ft or 6ft as to if your get the virus is daft really , turn away , not face to face , wash your hands , 

Test drives are still contentious in my mind , I'm getting away without test drives quite nicely . people understand . ONE Metre still doesn't let you take test drives out does it . Suppose you both mask up , gloves on , but do we really need too . 

With you on the new drivers and first cars , sooner the better , but we have sold the first timers cars so they can keep practising driving till they can take a test , 

On 6/22/2020 at 4:26 PM, Dave2302 said:

You're supposed to wear a mask whilst engaging in fornicatory activities, Mel had to cut a hole in hers :P

:D

I know I’m in the minority here but I really don’t see what all the fuss is about. If you have underlying health conditions fair enough but if your fit and healthy you really have been sucked into the scaremongering media hype.

Official nhs statistics, that anyone can view online show that 27,000 people have died in hospital with COVID in their system but not as the sole cause of death.  Less than 1300 people have died of COVID without any known underlying health conditions. 

In 2018 (latest the figures go up to) just shy of 30000 people died in the uk of influenza/pneumonia (seasonal flu) 

Do you panic every winter that you may catch seasonal flu from a customer?

• Like 1

you wont get me going back the pub anytime soon

im not part of the herd thinking

no music no using the toilets mandy who pulls the pints is a right slut and never washer her hands

im keeping to bottles at home

5 hours ago, New year revolutions...... said:

you wont get me going back the pub anytime soon

im not part of the herd thinking

no music no using the toilets mandy who pulls the pints is a right slut and never washer her hands

im keeping to bottles at home

Bit like a restaurant meal out isn't it when they open up ,Sat In a  Plastic tent or behind a screen then  served by somebody who you don't if they washed their hands serving you in a mask they've had on all week, probably paying for it up front by bank transfer , then asked to leave asap when you put your fork down . 

Not for me sorry   . Feel sorry for them I really do , But not my idea of fun 

Edited by David Horgan

1m is the same as NO distance.....50cm each way....who stands closer than that unless you'll be sharing bodily fluids at some point. 

.....bloody hate them 'in your face,' 'invading my personal space' types at the best of times....my last landlord was like this, I could of recognised him from his dental records. 

If you can believe everything spouted on the news we are hearing in NW Scotland today, Nicola crusty gusset has now done a complete about turn overnight, and every fucker and his dog can now do exactly what they like :lol:

Reading between the lines, she has been EMailed by Westminster, and despite the fact that some dubious figures reported suggest that the virus, (if there is such an animal and not just Govt manipulated death figures), but if there is, there are reports of Covid increases ...................

So why get rid of all the rules ?

Simple, they actually want a second wave, or, they have realised that they fucked up and cannae control the masses as they wished ?????????????

Go get your Vaccination folks ? Make sure you don't get chipped at the same time ;) ...............

I hear you thinking this twit watches too many sci fi films .................

Yeah, but all the ones I watched years ago came true ........................

Fucked if I know, the only thing I can say with certainty is that I do not trust those who have got themselves in a position of "being in charge" ;)

Answers on a postcard please lol

:lol:

Edited by Dave2302