Sign in to follow this  
Row

BMW Service history help

Hi, can anyone help with service history for a BMW 1 Series CK15 LFJ, Thanks in advance.

I can do it in the morning mate when I’m in the garage 

7 minutes ago, MarkTVS said:

I can do it in the morning mate when I’m in the garage 

Great Mark if you can please, thanks.

12 hours ago, Row said:

Hi, can anyone help with service history for a BMW 1 Series CK15 LFJ, Thanks in advance.

It has had 1 service on the 19/08/16 at 17,557 which was on oil and cabin filter service no other service listed.

Also note it has a recall outstanding on a EGR cooler.

Apologies forgot about it till now but I’ve been beaten to it.

On 6/16/2020 at 8:54 PM, Row said:

Only just saw this. 

On these cars the history information is stored on the idrive. From main menu go to Vehicle Information, then Vehicle status and on the top it should say Service History. 

6 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

Only just saw this. 

On these cars the history information is stored on the idrive. From main menu go to Vehicle Information, then Vehicle status and on the top it should say Service History. 

Not always Nick, in our workshop we can update the dsr online but we can’t flash it through to the I drive 

2 minutes ago, MarkTVS said:

Not always Nick, in our workshop we can update the dsr online but we can’t flash it through to the I drive 

Yes I should've made it clear that this is for the main dealer servicing. I also have the ability to record servicing there but not on idrive. Nice little portal this BMW AOS

Edited by Nick M.K.

3 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

Yes I should've made it clear that this is for the main dealer servicing. I also have the ability to record servicing there but not on idrive. Nice little portal this BMW AOS

I bought all the bimmer cables to try flash it onto the I drive but it’s a pig to work, can’t get to the bottom of it.

1 hour ago, MarkTVS said:

I bought all the bimmer cables to try flash it onto the I drive but it’s a pig to work, can’t get to the bottom of it.

whilst i wouldnt know how to flash an update on a bm i can advise if this is what you are trying be very very careful because flashing involves updating everything so before you flash you take a copy of what you have first just in case so you can hopefully put everything back as it was if it all goes t*ts

the other most important thing is you must have a stable power supply whilst doing a flash ie a quality battery maintainer not something thats not smooth that was ok for old cars pre ecu

2 hours ago, New year revolutions...... said:

whilst i wouldnt know how to flash an update on a bm i can advise if this is what you are trying be very very careful because flashing involves updating everything so before you flash you take a copy of what you have first just in case so you can hopefully put everything back as it was if it all goes t*ts

the other most important thing is you must have a stable power supply whilst doing a flash ie a quality battery maintainer not something thats not smooth that was ok for old cars pre ecu

Yeah you need something that can supply a constant 12v minimum. Diagnostic won’t let you wind back Range Rover rear callipers without it which is a royal pita.

To write service history to the idrive isn’t hard at all tbh 

all you need is a £10 Enet cable and the ability to convert from KM to miles 

only downside is when it goes in for a software update it gets deleted

10 hours ago, Mercftw said:

To write service history to the idrive isn’t hard at all tbh 

all you need is a £10 Enet cable and the ability to convert from KM to miles 

only downside is when it goes in for a software update it gets deleted

Is it ista p that gets used?

Hi, just while I’m waiting for my AOS registration to be completed. Would anyone be able to help let me know if this 1 series - LJ11DLV has much of a service history.  Thanks so much in advance.

On 6/20/2020 at 9:09 AM, MarkTVS said:

Is it ista p that gets used?

No it’s a different program that I have on my laptop easy stuff 

mileage 

number of things service 

what serviced and boom it’s done 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mercftw said:

No it’s a different program that I have on my laptop easy stuff 

mileage 

number of things service 

what serviced and boom it’s done 

Would you mind sending me pmwith some information on program etc?

thanks

mark

2 minutes ago, MarkTVS said:

Would you mind sending me pmwith some information on program etc?

thanks

mark

Yeah mate I’ll go to garage tomorrow and have a look on my laptop 

but one thing you need to do is write oldest service first and then the new one, so if it’s only had one previous service done before you’ll be alright but if it has a few services you’ll have to wipe them and then put in the services from oldest to newest (5 minute job)

• Like 1