XDR

AUCTION PRICES / EYE WATERING?

Prices seamed to steady out a bit towards the end of last week. I managed to nick 3 well under cap on Friday.

14 minutes ago, Lakeside said:

Prices seamed to steady out a bit towards the end of last week. I managed to nick 3 well under cap on Friday.

I found the same, I hadn’t done a proper list because I was more keeping an eye out but I noticed between 30/40% was unsold or provisional. A lot of the stock you’d take a punt on in a physical auction.

Hopefully the vendors will see that too and begin to push for BCA etc to reopen.

My understanding is physical auctions are allowed to open?

Edited by Mojo121

High prices over the past few weeks are a blip.  Once furlough ends all hell will let loose and prices will fall. Mark my words.

4 minutes ago, Halfpenny said:

High prices over the past few weeks are a blip.  Once furlough ends all hell will let loose and prices will fall. Mark my words.

Apparently the high prices, we’re due to the car super markets boys being a bit greedy and not letting anyone else take stock? (So I’ve heard)

47 minutes ago, XDR said:

Apparently the high prices, we’re due to the car super markets boys being a bit greedy and not letting anyone else take stock? (So I’ve heard)

I don't know anyone NOT paying well into book, you won't be buying otherwise and, empty spaces don't pay bills, be they supermarket, franchise, site owner or door stepper.

I just can't see it easing too soon. 

The supply of 'out of PCP circle' price range p/x stock just isn't there...100%, totally, without doubt it wasn't rosey before C-19 and, it certainly isn't now from what little I see and poorly understand.

'Looky me' BBL vanity purchase gear, I agree is still silly eye watering, surely they can only be so many whom want a black speccy German rag top but, such is the want of many 'dealers' with fake Rolex and man bags. 

Contrary to what you may be reading - headlines of enquiries/leads/website hits 110% (?) up or and such like -  it's a little like the EV cars. When you ain't doin' no business, well a few calls or few more sales on FA makes for a BIG percentage difference.

I don't see them (OE's) shifting much 'new' metal as of yet, at least from what I'm being told from the 'mouths of horses...with a dog in the fight'. Seems everyday sees more main agents hitting the wall, sadly I can see a few more going?  

After all the theorising, maybes and "I can't see that's", well, at the end of the day what you pay is of little matter, it's all about what you can sell them for and, the profit across them. I have been marking my stuff up strong - in comparison to late last year - and, still selling on quality with NO discounts.

I agree, I do see the economy really taking a bashing by late 2020 so fewer new car sales...flip that about though, same amount of car dealers fighting for used stock though, so prices still holding up.....even more so with pre' 2013 stuff if that's your bag.