Sign in to follow this  
Lambchop

Vandalism on forecourt cars?

Does your insurance cover vandalism on forecourt cars? How much does it cost ? Is it separate to traders policy? Was wondering if it would be cheaper to fenceMy sales pitch or to pay for insurance on them.

Edited by Lambchop

2 hours ago, Lambchop said:

Does your insurance cover vandalism on forecourt cars? How much does it cost ? Is it separate to traders policy? Was wondering if it would be cheaper to fenceMy sales pitch or to pay for insurance on them.

I am not sure if you can now get good insurance cover for cars left out in the open.The last open pitch we had in the 80’s we could only get road risk cover which was far cheaper.We just used to budget a few grand per year for vandalism.However this was bread and butter stock.With open pitches you will always get some vandalism but we found together with the savings in business rates on open pitches and cheaper premiums,it worked out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trade vet said:

I am not sure if you can now get good insurance cover for cars left out in the open.The last open pitch we had in the 80’s we could only get road risk cover which was far cheaper.We just used to budget a few grand per year for vandalism.However this was bread and butter stock.With open pitches you will always get some vandalism but we found together with the savings in business rates on open pitches and cheaper premiums,it worked out.

You can still get cover. I have an open forecourt and have cover with NIG. It' a separate policy to the road risks one.

2 hours ago, Autolink100 said:

You can still get cover. I have an open forecourt and have cover with NIG. It' a separate policy to the road risks one.

NIG,part of Direct Line Group,good luck with them should you need to claim.( Had to take DL to Ombudsman on a 2 grand straight forward and only claim in 20 years )

They can't be as bad as Tradex Insurance, cheap for a reason, they don't pay out.....but I can see their logic there:lol:

Thanks for reply’s , thought as much . Insurance company’s take the mick. We’re right next door to a pub so if someone decides they fancy jumping on a few cars gonna be a big bill. 

Had to claim for 12 windscreens being put through a couple of years back. Im with Arista and they paid up, no problems at all.

8 hours ago, Lambchop said:

Thanks for reply’s , thought as much . Insurance company’s take the mick. We’re right next door to a pub so if someone decides they fancy jumping on a few cars gonna be a big bill. 

sponsor the darts team

keep the regulars sweet and looking out for you

• Haha 1

On 6/15/2020 at 6:23 PM, New year revolutions...... said:

sponsor the darts team

keep the regulars sweet and looking out for you

Love it :)