Sign in to follow this  
Okay dokay

Made the leap from AT

Getting sick of AT so made the leap yesterday over to motors.co.uk

im excited but at the same time a little worried. Started uploading stock today but have just been advised they don't go live until the next day and this is the same for ammendments! I sometimes like to make last minute adjustments on a Friday night ready for the weekend but it seems that's not an option now :(

how is is everyone else finding motors?

and does anyone else not pay the £30 per week for networking (filtering down to partner sites)?

don't be afraid of life without AT, lots of people have done it and are not regretting it, speak to jim reid and I'm sure he'll help you with using Facebook he's found it to be very lucrative for him.  

Not a problem with me. Just carrying on like usual. But just more money left over at the end of the month! 

I pay the extra £30 per week and have sold cars via Parkers through it.  Still half price of AT basic package, getting same amount of calls without AT.

I pay the extra £30 per week and have sold cars via Parkers through it.  Still half price of AT basic package, getting same amount of calls without AT.

Extra £30 a week? I take it that's for Parkers, Carfused etc on the full hit package? 

I am on Motors and "return on investment" (think that term was an autotrader invention) is far better than autotrader, but you also need to be on the other platforms ie e-bay AA cars exchange n mart etc to sell the same number of cars as you perhaps were on AT,  also get your website up on google rankings. I have just paid for my first ever add on facebook and hope over the coming weeks to try to understand how facebook (or facef##k as a friend of mine called it) actually works for adverisers. Never heard of the extra £30 a week maybe its included in my package!!!

Edited by whitestone679231

Motors basically has two packages. One get's you on a couple of extra platforms, for a bit extra you go on Parkers, Carfused and Tomdickandharry.com. I've gone for the full hit package but it certainly wasn't an extra £30 a week.

Motors Basic only cover you for 10 mile radius of your Business and on the lower level that does not feed to Parkers, Sun Motors and numerous other sites they are linked with, and press websites.

If your package is £260+ a month then you are automatically fed into all other sites. If you are on £100+ a Month then you are not fed into them.

Motors will explain if you call them. They dont hide stuff from you and always willing to help a dealer.

Motors Basic only cover you for 10 mile radius of your Business and on the lower level that does not feed to Parkers, Sun Motors and numerous other sites they are linked with, and press websites.

If your package is £260+ a month then you are automatically fed into all other sites. If you are on £100+ a Month then you are not fed into them.

Motors will explain if you call them. They dont hide stuff from you and always willing to help a dealer.

Actually it isn't quite as much as that, the £120 per month is for the networking which includes all sites, each car is then charged at £2 per week per car.

There was a price change a while ago according to my sales rep.

According todays invoice £75pw for full tennancy package inc filtering down to all sites not just basic sites. I dont get charged £2 for each car either.

We scrapped our contract with AT a couple of months ago , but kept the razor site showing all our stock (15-20)and just put 2-3 cars on a pay as you go basis . Everything else is with Ebay / Motors / Facebook /RAC and I would say their effectiveness is in that order too . AT just too expensive .....don't miss that £1500 bill for sure .

Good luck !

• Like 1

Is motors really any good these days and what does it cost roughly for a 20 car package?

I was with them around 2 years ago but left because i was getting no leads just seemed a waste of time, maybe things have changed?

Motors for me nowhere near the volume of autotrader but do get calls and enquiries off it. 

Had a bit of a boost in motors sales/enquiries since back from Xmas not sure if maybe they are doing a bit of a push on advertising.

from others I have spoken with it is now better than when first launched.

When I signed for motors package was up to 100 cars. That was on basic package 10 mile search criteria. So any one with say 30 cars should nail it in my opinion.

Craigslist? I thought that was a thing in America where if you felt sad you can call a man or lady who would come and make you happy again.

• Like 1

Craigslist? I thought that was a thing in America where if you felt sad you can call a man or lady who would come and make you happy again.

Don't suppose you know of a UK equivalent do you ;) It's not for me its for a friend. 

Have you guys check out? Better and more affordable alternative of AT.  It provides digital classifieds and merchandising solutions for local companies doing business online, delivering a unique ability to generate and track leads and other consumer interactions in unprecedented detail. It also distributes auto-dealer inventory across all the major classifieds and social sites, connecting with car buyers wherever they are -- from Craigslist to Facebook and beyond.

It's 'checked' not 'check'.

And 'alternative to' not 'alternative of'.

The rest is just gibberish, but thanks for popping in.

Edited by Becca Chaplin
Removing naughty ad words... Although it's far too funny to delete the whole post.

Your thinking of Ashley Maddison :D

• Like 1

It's 'checked' not 'check'.

And 'alternative to' not 'alternative of'.

The rest is just gibberish, but thanks for popping

My grammar's not that good but thanks for the correction. Learned something that will help me.

Anyway, just want to suggest an alternative for AT that some people might want to look into.  It may not be useful for you but hopefully others will find it helpful for their business.