AB Motors NI

dvla v5 issues

hi everyone, hope you all are well, this might be a long shot, ive sent application for duplicate v5 to swansea for a car i bought from motablity on 18/3,dvla recieved application on 20/3,still no v5 arrived,ive rang motability as its showing new v5 issued on 18/3,presumably bacl to motability. ive car sold to a roi customer so taxing in post office is not an option. now i cant get through to motability or dvla for an update. any one any ideas?

thank you in advance

3 minutes ago, AB Motors NI said:

hi everyone, hope you all are well, this might be a long shot, ive sent application for duplicate v5 to swansea for a car i bought from motablity on 18/3,dvla recieved application on 20/3,still no v5 arrived,ive rang motability as its showing new v5 issued on 18/3,presumably bacl to motability. ive car sold to a roi customer so taxing in post office is not an option. now i cant get through to motability or dvla for an update. any one any ideas?

thank you in advance

I was told by a reliable source that DVLA are only operating with few staff and are only dealing with what they deem essential work.

21 minutes ago, trade vet said:

I was told by a reliable source that DVLA are only operating with few staff and are only dealing with what they deem essential work.

Heard the same thing from someone that does a lot of registration transfers for a private plate company .  

Edited by Casper

12 hours ago, AB Motors NI said:

when i ring swansea now its saying they are closed for non covid business, and then line disconnects

Same boat, waiting three months for a V5. Cant ring Swansea, only taking keyworker enquiries, send an email and get an automated non reply with a reference number that means nothing.

I wont buy any car without a physical V5 now but its pretty shit from DVLA. Should be someway they can keep the service running even if people are working from home.

15 minutes ago, Highlinev8 said:

Same boat, waiting three months for a V5. Cant ring Swansea, only taking keyworker enquiries, send an email and get an automated non reply with a reference number that means nothing.

I wont buy any car without a physical V5 now but its pretty shit from DVLA. Should be someway they can keep the service running even if people are working from home.

whilst I appreciate your thinking can you imagine giving someone access to v62,s from home to send off

I've got 3 log books for one of my vehicles as dvla had to keep changing them at one stage due to many being stolen

so just imagine you've done all your checks you live down south v5 shows north Scotland and you buy it

3 weeks later the rozzers come and advise you have sold a cloned mota

it's not nice your bottom falls

9 minutes ago, New year revolutions...... said:

whilst I appreciate your thinking can you imagine giving someone access to v62,s from home to send off

I've got 3 log books for one of my vehicles as dvla had to keep changing them at one stage due to many being stolen

so just imagine you've done all your checks you live down south v5 shows north Scotland and you buy it

3 weeks later the rozzers come and advise you have sold a cloned mota

it's not nice your bottom falls

I agree and I understand the difficulties,  However DVLA deciding to effectively shut there doors for three months is inefficient and a major barrier to our trade. Points the way to more of this being done digitally rather than physical V5s. 

4 minutes ago, Highlinev8 said:

I agree and I understand the difficulties,  However DVLA deciding to effectively shut there doors for three months is inefficient and a major barrier to our trade. Points the way to more of this being done digitally rather than physical V5s. 

your not alone I have plenty myself,its one of the ways I buy to be ultra competative think park them up and wait  this is what I do mi compound them and send €25 off but I knew this was not the way late march so havent bought any since

if you imagine dvla with many many cubicles with staff in and probably lots of hot desks it's easy to understand in the current clime they are in a difficult position

I think digital is the next step but have you ever tried explaining to a customer theres no log book but we can sort it out for you at the post office

most customers over 40 still think you are kidding them etc

Edited by New year revolutions......

I managed to speak to DVLA yesterday regarding v62’s as it was for a key worker.

the simple answer is they are not processing any postal forms being v5’s v62’s etc for the foreseeable future due to staff shortages.

however they did click the magic button in order for my customer to tax at the post office.

google the key worker line and you will be able to speak with someone.

On 6/10/2020 at 9:36 AM, AB Motors NI said:

do they ask for documents regarding key workers?

Nope just say your dealing with a key worker. Worked for me 

just over a month ago I bought two cars that had been owned by someone who had passed away. The executor of will had the old v5 but not most recent. For my own reasons I registered the cars in company name and taxed at post office using v62 .

I thought I'd be waiting forever on the new v5 but very surprisingly was no longer than usual. He did write to dvla explaining situation. This proves someone IS dealing with such matters

have you any contact details so that i can ring them ref key workers, the automated service doesnt give that option

thank you in advance

6 hours ago, AB Motors NI said:

any contact details available for the key workers line?? 

You have to fill in a forum online at (https://key-worker.dvla.gov.uk) and they usually call you the next day with private caller ID and are able to issue road tax even if the car has a owner against it, however their still processing march applications apparently so it will take a while. 
Hope this helps. 

Three cars parked up for months here. Unless it’s a cheapie & you don’t want a car parked up for potentially months I suggest you don’t take a car without a V5.

Yep, during the C19 start of shutdown, like a twat I sent my SLK's V5 off to change the Engine cc and Engine # ..........

How fuckin stoopid was I, not heard a dickie bird, can't contact them, and now I want to use the bloody Car when the suns out I can't tax it unless I drive 120 mile round trip to main post office in Inverness and pay the fee to get a new V5, which will have the old Engine details / cc on it :(

Or I just leave the Trade Plates on it cos I'm still road testing it looking for that mysterious intermittent fault :lol:

To add to this, since March I bought an E Class Wagon for Mel, took the pp off her C Class, put it on the E Class when the V5 arrived, and both Cars are now all legit on the MOT and Tax and MID databases, so obviously buying and selling is deemed essential by DVLA, but lost V5 and changes to V5 is not :(

One day in the 22nd Century some form of normality may return, Covid spread will be returning in the next few weeks, judging by the number of twats who are now arriving in NW Highlands on a daily basis, despite them not supposed to actually be here ;) All the talk of politicians and police on the telly is absolute bollocks, they are policing fuck all :(

Bonkers, absolutely nuts the lot of it, UK officialdom couldn't organise a fuck in a brothel ;)

5 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

Yep, during the C19 start of shutdown, like a twat I sent my SLK's V5 off to change the Engine cc and Engine # ..........

How fuckin stoopid was I, not heard a dickie bird, can't contact them, and now I want to use the bloody Car when the suns out I can't tax it unless I drive 120 mile round trip to main post office in Inverness and pay the fee to get a new V5, which will have the old Engine details / cc on it :(

Or I just leave the Trade Plates on it cos I'm still road testing it looking for that mysterious intermittent fault :lol:

To add to this, since March I bought an E Class Wagon for Mel, took the pp off her C Class, put it on the E Class when the V5 arrived, and both Cars are now all legit on the MOT and Tax and MID databases, so obviously buying and selling is deemed essential by DVLA, but lost V5 and changes to V5 is not :(

One day in the 22nd Century some form of normality may return, Covid spread will be returning in the next few weeks, judging by the number of twats who are now arriving in NW Highlands on a daily basis, despite them not supposed to actually be here ;) All the talk of politicians and police on the telly is absolute bollocks, they are policing fuck all :(

Bonkers, absolutely nuts the lot of it, UK officialdom couldn't organise a fuck in a brothel 

can you ask this question in the private room mate or message me. 

35 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

Bonkers, absolutely nuts the lot of it, UK officialdom couldn't organise a fuck in a brothel ;)

hi dave

you ARE a key worker

you are repairing dr kildares car at this moment and nurse gladys minor tomorrow

you can quite rightly go online in dvla website and fill the details in as the car is registered to your business?

no need to go to the private section for basic stuff like this 

you need the car to collect bits etc

Edited by New year revolutions......

I could try that, yes we are both key workers, it's not reg to my business, my private Merc Collection don't go on business, but Mel runs a local small Supermarket, suppose I could say it's the Car she uses to commute and try that ;)

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that ;)

I'll get to it when I've sorted out Selwyn Froggit's Kia which is in a million bits due to EGR failed and Black Death .................

Jeez, I got a load of deceased old crap in here right now, no wonder I'm getting depressed lol ;)

3 minutes ago, Dave2302 said:

I could try that, yes we are both key workers, it's not reg to my business, my private Merc Collection don't go on business, but Mel runs a local small Supermarket, suppose I could say it's the Car she uses to commute and try that ;)

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that ;)

I'll get to it when I've sorted out Selwyn Froggit's Kia which is in a million bits due to EGR failed and Black Death .................

Jeez, I got a load of deceased old crap in here right now, no wonder I'm getting depressed lol ;)

how are the knats:D

Know what, I think all the Midgies have died of China Virus, we've had some stonking hot days recently, no breeze and no bites :)

hi guys, filled out form using link for key workers, had a call following morning at 830am from private number, had new v5 2 days later