Mercftw

Motor Trade insurance quote

Hi there guys 

I'm due a renewal on 20th of this month my current insurer has just quoted me £1k more which is way too much for me on monthly payments

who would you guys recommend as a good broker, I'm currently with Premier Insurance in Winsford

thanks lads 

• Like 1

Ive used Think insurance never had problems I've always  got an ok service but some here say they haven't  @Ashley@UKGlobal or @John Cook - Aston Lark Are both helpful too  ive spoke to both with insurance related question and will use them for business insurances in the near future 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Casper said:

Ive used Think insurance never had problems I've always  got an ok service but some here say they haven't  @Ashley@UKGlobal or @John Cook - Aston Lark Are both helpful too  ive spoke to both with insurance related question and will use them for business insurances in the near future 

Just waiting on a quote from Aston Lark and I can’t use Ashley as I was one of his customers at Premier but I definitely do recommend him 

is there anyone else you guys would recommend 

just got off the phone with towergate so waiting on a quote with them too 

think insurance have quoted me 3k+ than my current insurance is so that’s a no no :blink:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mercftw said:

Hi there guys 

I'm due a renewal on 20th of this month my current insurer has just quoted me £1k more which is way too much for me on monthly payments

who would you guys recommend as a good broker, I'm currently with Premier Insurance in Winsford

thanks lads 

How much have you been quoted Mercftw?

5 minutes ago, Row said:

How much have you been quoted Mercftw?

Well from Ageas they’ve quoted me 5.5k 

Ashley at uk global as mentioned above has just worked hard for me and got me 3.6k with no no claims due to a recent incident, I can highly recommend trying him, if you do try him mention my name (Rowland) please.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Row said:

Ashley at uk global as mentioned above has just worked hard for me and got me 3.6k with no no claims due to a recent incident, I can highly recommend trying him, if you do try him mention my name (Rowland) please.

Ashley was my first choice after premier but because he’s the one who got me my policy last year and he’s only moved to UK global in the last 6 months I can’t use him (as he can’t speak to his previous clients for 12 months). He is very good at what he does though 

im trying to find a way I can use him though

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mercftw said:

Ashley was my first choice after premier but because he’s the one who got me my policy last year and he’s only moved to UK global in the last 6 months I can’t use him (as he can’t speak to his previous clients for 12 months). He is very good at what he does though 

im trying to find a way I can use him though

Ive had quotes from towergate in the past at time they were slightly more expensive than think but would say there cover was better . Can you not use another rep from uk global then Ashley is not directly dealing with his previous customers did you find premier ok to deal with . 

Edited by Casper

9 minutes ago, Casper said:

Ive had quotes from towergate in the past at time they were slightly more expensive than think but would say there cover was better . Can you not use another rep from uk global then Ashley is not directly dealing with his previous customers did you find premier ok to deal with . 

Wasn’t given the option when I called up but I’ll give global a bell tomorrow. 
Premier were decent as a broker, they always did manage to get me a good price even on a personal policy on one of my high value cars, whilst they ask other insurers I’m just looking around and see if anyone can beat the current quote 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Mercftw said:

Wasn’t given the option when I called up but I’ll give global a bell tomorrow. 
Premier were decent as a broker, they always did manage to get me a good price even on a personal policy on one of my high value cars, whilst they ask other insurers I’m just looking around and see if anyone can beat the current quote 

Was just a thought mate might work good luck hope you get sorted it always good to hear others opinions on here about brokers etc for future reference so thanks for that . 

Update: renewing through Premier insurance in Winsford, big thumbs up to Declan & Josh that sorted everything out for me. Would recommend these lot if you’re looking for a decent quote  

p.s they did better the renewal price I was originally quoted :D

• Like 2

Seems a few are getting crazy renewal quotes recently , while we've been struggling they've still had their coin , only be loyal if they're being loyal , I went over to Road Runner / Aston Lark can't fault their service so far hopefully I will feel the same next year , they went out their way to help out .

• Like 2

6 hours ago, craigpughcars said:

Seems a few are getting crazy renewal quotes recently , while we've been struggling they've still had their coin , only be loyal if they're being loyal , I went over to Road Runner / Aston Lark can't fault their service so far hopefully I will feel the same next year , they went out their way to help out .

You’d think that with COVID 19 and businesses not operating at full capacity the risk would be Lower for claims so it would be cheaper but alas it’s not 
tbh mate they were one of my options but wanted pictures of the inside of my premises 

by that time I already had something sorted with premier but kudos to them for still delivering big thanks to especially Declan and josh too

• Like 2

when I used to work for a large plc we were always told not to declare our income to our compatriots 

I realised early on this was so they could pay us peanuts

the insurance companies are the same they play on fear

the bastards

this year my renewal was cheaper but I bought it just before lockdown and paid in full

so I'm still the fool

On 6/20/2020 at 2:32 PM, craigpughcars said:

Glad to read your feedback, please always feel free to reach out if I can help with anything.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John Cook - Aston Lark said:

Glad to read your feedback, please always feel free to reach out if I can help with anything.

Thank You John , It's greatley appreciated 

• Like 2

On 6/20/2020 at 11:11 PM, New year revolutions...... said:

when I used to work for a large plc we were always told not to declare our income to our compatriots 

I realised early on this was so they could pay us peanuts

the insurance companies are the same they play on fear

the bastards

this year my renewal was cheaper but I bought it just before lockdown and paid in full

so I'm still the fool

For some reason I've never understood, not declaring income to other employees is/was called a 'September Agreement'....? 

Edited by Frank Cannon

3 hours ago, Frank Cannon said:

For some reason I've never understood, not declaring income to other employees is/was called a 'September Agreement'....? 

that rings a bell

said the headmaster

it must be 30 degrees here hot hot hot

car wash boss:)

oh wrong programme

• Haha 1