Lakeside

Lookers Job Losses

21 hours ago, awc1000 said:

I'm not the type to loosely accuse, iv'e got an opinion too, and it's my opinion that in recent posts you have patronised and antaganized other users on this forum and then you seem happy to go on to directly insult said users, witness your recent snipe at boycie after he pulled you on your generalisation that too many idiots were buying auction cars, it was a simple ask the result being a snide remark about him needing mental help or words to that effect, totally underhand and certainly not banter, you even told me i was a gofer, whatever that is? 

regards thread content, it would be fare to say you are currently contributing little on here in the way of facts, help, or industry news,  

it matters not who starts a thread, its a forum not bingo, do i want to have confrontation on here? - of course not, am i likely to take shite on the chin? - no fooking chance, am i bothered about any outcome whether that be insults or even a ban off here? - not at all.

of course people come and go on here being a forum, my point was members are leaving because of current negativity, that's a fact.

I appreciate the support here.

If I see something on here that I disagree with I will query it, I don't wish to have my mental health queried, just because I have asked someone to clarify a point.

Repeating articles that are in the Press, that are overwhelmingly negative isn't very useful.

The fact that trade prices are so high would normally suggest that there is high demand for them?

As most of us are open now, we want to get more stock, that seems sensible to me?

The prices are high because dealers opened again on 1st but auctions don't (fully) open until 15th. Its a temporary reduction in supply.

• Like 1

And boy are the auctions going to be making the most out of this situation? “Manna from heaven”

good news for vendors, bad news for everyone else, pre covid purchase's that they financed through stocking loans must be causing them pain too, inevitable increase in indemnity's imminent?

iv'e heard one of the main auctions might currently have financial wobbles, anyone else heard anything?

On 6/6/2020 at 3:46 PM, awc1000 said:

good news for vendors, bad news for everyone else, pre covid purchase's that they financed through stocking loans must be causing them pain too, inevitable increase in indemnity's imminent?

iv'e heard one of the main auctions might currently have financial wobbles, anyone else heard anything?

If it's the heavily leveraged auction  house yes heard a whisper too....I hope it's wrong though or temporary. It's no secret that they are all short on stock though and it's a numbers game. 

I maybe in the minority here but I don't want to see any of the auctions go pop, be they physical or not, can only effect prices one way. 

8 hours ago, Frank Cannon said:

If it's the heavily leveraged auction  house yes heard a whisper too....I hope it's wrong though or temporary. It's no secret that they are all short on stock though and it's a numbers game. 

I maybe in the minority here but I don't want to see any of the auctions go pop, be they physical or not, can only effect prices one way. 

god knows, looking at the ownership you would think they are well propped up financially, going to be interesting to see how they try and replace lost revenue from lack of entry's moving forward.

when you look at the business model of some auctions - advance the vendor Cap clean, collect and sell car, finance the buyer, it's all fine in a buoyant market but looks fragile in times of uncertainty, they now have to do this without knowing how wounded their vendors or buyers are.

the recent case i know of was a franchise vendor who had multiple entry's in a sale, 6 sold but no funds were forthcoming, auction claimed the buyers hadn't paid, that may be true for some of the cars but unlikely for all, its resolved now but it took them over two weeks to resolve, and it was before lock down, as you can imagine it's left a bitter taste  for the vendor who is now looking at disposals elsewhere.

• Like 2

Yeah, this pandemic period is hard for everyone. A lot of my friends lost their job, but I hope that the situation will stabilize in the near future