S & J Trading

Taking on premises!

Hi Guys, decided that this needs to get serious and am just about to sign for a small unit (15 cars inside) all sums, risk calcs and new business plan are all done.

I just need a bit of advice..

At the minute I buy vehicle checks from Autotrader but wonder if there is a better way?

Is subscribing to CAP worth it anymore?

Thank in advance

Steve

Welcome and good on you, by all accounts the world is ending soon got to love a little bit of British backbone, you didnt give the vital bit of info as regards what you stock vehicle wise, cap is handy if you selling odd ball kit with expensive oe upgrades if your into bread and butter such as we do year in year out i could tell you each model in stock where the prices range from and to so its pointless.

Let us know how the new unit goes for you. 

1 hour ago, justina3 said:

Welcome and good on you, by all accounts the world is ending soon got to love a little bit of British backbone, you didnt give the vital bit of info as regards what you stock vehicle wise, cap is handy if you selling odd ball kit with expensive oe upgrades if your into bread and butter such as we do year in year out i could tell you each model in stock where the prices range from and to so its pointless.

Let us know how the new unit goes for you. 

Thanks for the response, TBH its bread and butter stuff so I generally do Autotrader comparisons.  As my business partner keeps saying "Its a bloody minefield"

22 minutes ago, S & J Trading said:

Thanks for the response, TBH its bread and butter stuff so I generally do Autotrader comparisons.  As my business partner keeps saying "Its a bloody minefield"

For the good old fashioned Ford Fiestas of this world i do the same as you, sod paying anyone to tell me what I can find out in nano seconds. 

• Like 1

be sure to take a very good video and stills of all aspects of your unit unless it's a full upkeep by the landlord lease (highly unlikely)

also make a copy of the leasehold agreement and cloud it so you have it forever

I've no idea what kind of unit you are renting but normally once you move in responsibility moves to you so make sure of things like roof leaks responsibility for electricity etc

finally let the council know as soon as you move in because I know one girlz lost £10,0000 grant money because of this

theres been a spate of burglaries where my business is,its all small time but none of it helps make sure you put your worst car up to the shutter door every night so they cant prise it open by backing into it

any more help we will all help you

good luck

• Like 1

Not sure how reliable, accurate,  cap will be at the present time.....who knows where the market is heading!

If you intend to sell  similar stock all the time you will soon get a good feeling  on what the market prices are, rather than just using cap.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, New year revolutions...... said:

be sure to take a very good video and stills of all aspects of your unit unless it's a full upkeep by the landlord lease (highly unlikely)

also make a copy of the leasehold agreement and cloud it so you have it forever

I've no idea what kind of unit you are renting but normally once you move in responsibility moves to you so make sure of things like roof leaks responsibility for electricity etc

finally let the council know as soon as you move in because I know one girlz lost £10,0000 grant money because of this

theres been a spate of burglaries where my business is,its all small time but none of it helps make sure you put your worst car up to the shutter door every night so they cant prise it open by backing into it

any more help we will all help you

good luck

Thanks for the advice, all in hand.. it is a full repair lease but not planning any changes. Got a good deal on the rent and squeezed 3 month rent free period out of them. Looking into a new business grant but our local council are skint. No rates to pay as its considered a deprived area.

As my back ground is security systems I'll be giving it my best. All our advertising is on line visits to the unit will be by appointment and there will not be much signage. Where this is you really dont want passing trade lol.

Thanks for all the help. I like it here :)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, S & J Trading said:

Thanks for the advice, all in hand.. it is a full repair lease but not planning any changes. Got a good deal on the rent and squeezed 3 month rent free period out of them. Looking into a new business grant but our local council are skint. No rates to pay as its considered a deprived area.

As my back ground is security systems I'll be giving it my best. All our advertising is on line visits to the unit will be by appointment and there will not be much signage. Where this is you really dont want passing trade lol.

Thanks for all the help. I like it here :)

Just in case you don’t know.When you get the keys take a lot of photos of the premises to avoid getting stitched up on delapidations rules by your landlord should you move out.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, trade vet said:

Just in case you don’t know.When you get the keys take a lot of photos of the premises to avoid getting stitched up on delapidations rules by your landlord should you move out.

Even better still, employ a local chartered surveyor to carry out a schedule of condition. 

• Like 2