Mistermuttley

Finance for a customer?

Just had an elderly lady come to see me about a car. Asked if i did finance and I told her I don't as I only take cash or bank transfer. Suggested she approach her bank as she should get better rates there....Think she may struggle with the bank as a car finance provider has just rang me on her behalf to buy the car. Only issue is as I am a part time trader I am not vat registered or limited company (fully legit though income to hmrc ,warranties etc). They said they would get back to me! Anyone know if I can arrange to get finance for her by any means? Thanks.

Not Many Finance companies do the older people sector really .

two that do older props require you to be FCA approved .

Tell them to try a personal loan from Sainsbury or Tesco , one or two get a loan from them and its not connected to you or the car . All online and pretty quick too 

7 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Not Many Finance companies do the older people sector really .

two that do older props require you to be FCA approved .

Tell them to try a personal loan from Sainsbury or Tesco , one or two get a loan from them and its not connected to you or the car . All online and pretty quick too 

Thanks, she has just rang me back. Her bank have ok'd a loan for her now. I think she was just reluctant to ask them as she is self employed. But she is happy now, another one gone!

• Like 1

Just now, Mistermuttley said:

Thanks, she has just rang me back. Her bank have ok'd a loan for her now. I think she was just reluctant to ask them as she is self employed. But she is happy now, another one gone!

Well done , I mentioned Tesco etc cos i thought she had tried her bank . 

long as you sold it that's all that matters 

17 minutes ago, David Horgan said:

Well done , I mentioned Tesco etc cos i thought she had tried her bank . 

long as you sold it that's all that matters 

Yep I did tell her to try her bank first, but i still had a call from the finance company before she approached them. She is all excited now, well it is a Meriva!

2 hours ago, Mistermuttley said:

Meriva!

If you had said that up front i might have turned the page over :o:lol:

Takes all sorts , some one has to like the Meriva :rolleyes: don't they .

Long as you had the profit then Meriva's are super little cars aren't they ;)

I hope you advised them, for their own safety and the longevity of the front tyres, to only cautiously use 1/4-1/3 throttle in the first few weeks of ownership as they become accustomed to the raw power of that 1.4 litre engine.

1 hour ago, David Horgan said:

If you had said that up front i might have turned the page over :o:lol:

Takes all sorts , some one has to like the Meriva :rolleyes: don't they .

Long as you had the profit then Meriva's are super little cars aren't they ;)

The funny thing is I used to stick to bread and butter cars, small hatchbacks. But someone on this forum mentioned how that market was so crowded and the car supermarkets have 100's of the same model, so sometimes its better to go for the more oddball cars. Its nice to get the odd oddball car now and even ugly things like a 1007 I had always make a sale. The missus even said re' the Meriva, you won't sell that. Happy to prove her wrong!

3 minutes ago, Paul C said:

I hope you advised them, for their own safety and the longevity of the front tyres, to only cautiously use 1/4-1/3 throttle in the first few weeks of ownership as they become accustomed to the raw power of that 1.4 litre engine.

Its the 1.7cdti engine and on the test she was like oh this is powerful! Then again her last car was a C1. It was a really nice test drive though, i find it really enjoyable when their eyes light up and even though its a run of the mill car, it's special to them. Wish they were all like that!

Only joking, they're good little cars - is this the one with the suicide rear doors?

1 hour ago, Mistermuttley said:

. It was a really nice test drive though

did you sit in the front with the smorgs face mask on or in the rear

photos required obviously

kinky boots not required till oct:D

1 hour ago, Paul C said:

Only joking, they're good little cars - is this the one with the suicide rear doors?

Yep, i think its a good quirky selling point to them. Took pictures with both doors of each side open. Most traders don't seem to bother. 

46 minutes ago, New year revolutions...... said:

did you sit in the front with the smorgs face mask on or in the rear

photos required obviously

kinky boots not required till oct:D

See my soon to be released 'confessions of a car dealer'. On finest VHS tape. Discount for forum members!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Paul C said:

The few times I’ve had anything to do with Merivas (boxy old shape) I’ve found the owners couldn’t give a shit about tyres, or the bodywork & mechanicals for that matter! Do these type of owners ever attempt any repairs or even basic maintenance if it’s not related to a failed MOT?

Edited by BHM

4 hours ago, BHM said:

The few times I’ve had anything to do with Merivas (boxy old shape) I’ve found the owners couldn’t give a shit about tyres, or the bodywork & mechanicals for that matter! Do these type of owners ever attempt any repairs or even basic maintenance if it’s not related to a failed MOT?

no

and they cant drive

this customer obviously an exception

Edited by New year revolutions......