Sign in to follow this  
MrC

Bounce back loans

So who's taken advantage?  We will being going for the full £50k, we have a plan to do something with it that will hopefully help expand the business in to the camper rental market. First 12 months with no repayments and 2.5% after that it seemed rude not to. Worse case scenario, if it doesn't work we pay the money back.  

1 hour ago, MrC said:

So who's taken advantage?  We will being going for the full £50k, we have a plan to do something with it that will hopefully help expand the business in to the camper rental market. First 12 months with no repayments and 2.5% after that it seemed rude not to. Worse case scenario, if it doesn't work we pay the money back.  

Use it whilst its there ;)

1 hour ago, MrC said:

Camper rentals,I think that is an excellent idea Mr C.

a bargain and good news if you need it, and cheaper than a stocking loan, the downside to retailers being the inevitable price increase at the block with what will surely be an influx of extra funded buyers.

It's been quite funny seeing the amount of trade asking for and being offered lumpy cars and quality watches on the better facebook trade group page, 50g's baby!

12 minutes ago, trade vet said:

Camper rentals,I think that is an excellent idea Mr C.

Something I have wanted to do for a while, £50k only gets us two kitted out vans and insurance for a year. I had a really good conversion with a camper hire company in Scotland today, picked his brains about as many aspects as I could think of. 

7 hours ago, awc1000 said:

a bargain and good news if you need it, and cheaper than a stocking loan, the downside to retailers being the inevitable price increase at the block with what will surely be an influx of extra funded buyers.

It's been quite funny seeing the amount of trade asking for and being offered lumpy cars and quality watches on the better facebook trade group page, 50g's baby!

I think half of it, and the 10K small business grants, has already been spent on overpriced stock from Dealer Auction and much of it pissed up the wall on shabby 'prestige" cars, various blinged-up vans and quad bikes. From what I gather the 10Ks were handed out like Smarties to anyone renting any unit on some deadbeat industrial estate irrespective of any genuine business activity - all of these private men (that's what they really are) have spunked away the money already.

• Like 1

Yeah I took it, it's likely the cheapest loan funding you'll ever get ................

So I'm guessing that'll be 2 more fuckin' camper vans lumbering around the NW Highlands, putting fuck all into the local economy and crashing into folks parked cars, stone walls, and other property then just fucking off, after shitting at the side of the road and leaving all their rubbish in our laybys, verges and on our beaches ......................

If only I had a rocket launcher on the front of my Cars ....................................

:lol::lol::lol:

So, Mr C, being more serious to your business idea, if I were you, having seen the carnage these hired Camper Van twunts create when driving hired Campers I think, (honestly), that you will cost yourself a small fortune in repairs, your insurance no claim bonus will be non existent etc etc etc .....................

Just come and visit me on a Saturday afternoon, I'll take you out for a tour and you can see how the twats drive em around our roads, not just A roads, often up single track dirt roads scraping all the sides, Mirrors ripped off etc etc ;)

I would guess that the only folks making any money from this are the ones who sell new Campers and the Parts to repair them on a weekly basis ;) 

• Like 1

Go for it Mr C.I once rented a pitch off a guy who was retiring.He had a camper van hire business which he had built up over years.He had about 50 of them,owned the pitch and a small block of flats ........in central London ! 

Daft question but looking at the the 50k loan - I notice the total interest repayment over 6 years is £3177 which equates to £44 a month, however on the illustartion it states repayment for month 13 (end of first year interest free) is £937.50? Can someone please clarify this for me please . Cheers Huggins   

well I'm sorry but the thought of getting in a van with cupboards in that had an unknown occupant in last week and had a few shits in the bog is bottom of my to do lists no matter how much pledge you used

we've also got a big recession sweeping our way/ Brexit /and of course have 2 pints in Scotland and your over the drink drive level,this is why I dont go up there anymore

sounds a plan go for it

remember though no matter what you might read in the daily smell the suits will want their money back eventually come what may as vicky used to say

• Like 1

LOL, 2 Pints, you'd actually very likely be over with 1 Pint ;)

There is a lot of local guys around these parts that will never ever be under the DD limit :wacko:

8 hours ago, BHM said:

I think half of it, and the 10K small business grants, has already been spent on overpriced stock from Dealer Auction and much of it pissed up the wall on shabby 'prestige" cars, various blinged-up vans and quad bikes. From what I gather the 10Ks were handed out like Smarties to anyone renting any unit on some deadbeat industrial estate irrespective of any genuine business activity - all of these private men (that's what they really are) have spunked away the money already.

yes i think we have all heard of story's on the 10k grants, being rated anywhere got you those easily, regards the 50k at 2% probably not as easy to get?, i was referring to the uptake on the 50k from  the more established trade on the facebook trade to trade page.

Trying to apply on the Barclays website and you just end up on a blank page....

5 hours ago, Anglo9 said:

Trying to apply on the Barclays website and you just end up on a blank page....

I left Barclays yonks ago as the staff were too snobby,strangely I see them working in aldi these days

16 hours ago, Dave2302 said:

Yeah I took it, it's likely the cheapest loan funding you'll ever get ................

So I'm guessing that'll be 2 more fuckin' camper vans lumbering around the NW Highlands, putting fuck all into the local economy and crashing into folks parked cars, stone walls, and other property then just fucking off, after shitting at the side of the road and leaving all their rubbish in our laybys, verges and on our beaches ......................

If only I had a rocket launcher on the front of my Cars ....................................

:lol::lol::lol:

So, Mr C, being more serious to your business idea, if I were you, having seen the carnage these hired Camper Van twunts create when driving hired Campers I think, (honestly), that you will cost yourself a small fortune in repairs, your insurance no claim bonus will be non existent etc etc etc .....................

Just come and visit me on a Saturday afternoon, I'll take you out for a tour and you can see how the twats drive em around our roads, not just A roads, often up single track dirt roads scraping all the sides, Mirrors ripped off etc etc ;)

I would guess that the only folks making any money from this are the ones who sell new Campers and the Parts to repair them on a weekly basis ;) 

I'll make sure they head directly your way :D Interestingly there is no NCB as we know it in relation to hire out insurance, and its a total stand alone policy so Terry Fuckwit cant ruin my own NCB etc.

I wont be spending a small fortune on repairs, the hirer pays for any damage and excess, in the same way you pay a deposit when you hire a car. 

12 hours ago, New year revolutions...... said:

well I'm sorry but the thought of getting in a van with cupboards in that had an unknown occupant in last week and had a few shits in the bog is bottom of my to do lists no matter how much pledge you used

we've also got a big recession sweeping our way/ Brexit /and of course have 2 pints in Scotland and your over the drink drive level,this is why I dont go up there anymore

sounds a plan go for it

remember though no matter what you might read in the daily smell the suits will want their money back eventually come what may as vicky used to say

No shitters are going in my mobile wardrobes 

3 minutes ago, New year revolutions...... said:

you are thinking every ones going to stay in the uk post covid

be very careful

I for one wont be 

I want to go to spain as much as I like Scotland

im intrigued what you can buy for 25g because all I ever see is an old Talbot

remember im your  your market

Im not thinking everyone is staying in the UK post covid. Its something I have been wanting to do before covid was even a word. 

You do realise I am already in the camper industry? year on year we have had good growth, the VW scene is strong. We build the things VW T6's and £25k gets me a nicely kitted out van.  My customers generally know what they want and have the cash to spend,  Its very different beast to the car trade, which I traded in for over 15 years before I made the switch.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MrC said:

Im not thinking everyone is staying in the UK post covid. Its something I have been wanting to do before covid was even a word. 

You do realise I am already in the camper industry? year on year we have had good growth, the VW scene is strong. We build the things VW T6's and £25k gets me a nicely kitted out van.  My customers generally know what they want and have the cash to spend,  Its very different beast to the car trade, which I traded in for over 15 years before I made the switch.

I think thats an excellent idea i was looking prior to bat carnage for just this kind of thing to take my youngest on an adventure all i could find was full blown motor homes which was to big for what i wanted, there where a few but took a four hour drive to collect and then another 4 hours back and four hours onto where i wanted to go...so i give up. 

I wouldnt worry about the negative brigade, i am amazed half of them switch the computer on without the fear of being electrocuted. 

Go big or go home thats the difference between the men and the boys when the seas get rough.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, justina3 said:

I think thats an excellent idea i was looking prior to bat carnage for just this kind of thing to take my youngest on an adventure all i could find was full blown motor homes which was to big for what i wanted, there where a few but took a four hour drive to collect and then another 4 hours back and four hours onto where i wanted to go...so i give up. 

I wouldnt worry about the negative brigade, i am amazed half of them switch the computer on without the fear of being electrocuted. 

Go big or go home thats the difference between the men and the boys when the seas get rough.

well I'm not being negative if you read what I've put

we are heading for a slump,its reconned 10% of under 30,s might be unemployed next year just like spain,so if you take the bigger picture these people will be at home and draining the family purse, house prices aren't going to rise, ppi is spent and here's the big one negative equity at the bank of england,look it up

then consider whether borrowing money to follow a dream in a diminishing market is a good idea

I tell you what I would do,if I wanted the money I would take it and bank it and see what the world looks like 6 to10 months from now

in the meantime if one of these day Van's comes up in a slash sell market one has the funds rather than buying at the top of the market because these people have lost their jobs

theres a big world out there and rather than call me negative some of you seriously need to get out of your bubble worlds

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MrC said:

I'll make sure they head directly your way :D Interestingly there is no NCB as we know it in relation to hire out insurance, and its a total stand alone policy so Terry Fuckwit cant ruin my own NCB etc.

I wont be spending a small fortune on repairs, the hirer pays for any damage and excess, in the same way you pay a deposit when you hire a car. 

LOL, :lol: 2 more won't make any difference, I wasn't trying to be neg by the way, just wanted to make certain you were fully aware of what you'll be in for .............

The first bit about the Camper Twunts in Scotland was more a light hearted look at how us who live hear see it ;) ................

We also have "Roofbox twunts" and "Bicycle twunts" who also come here in masses every bloody year ;) 

So realistically, when one of your 2 Campers comes back battered to fuck each week, how are you gonna fix it for the next guy who's hiring it later that same Friday / Saturday ?

I wish you luck wi' it :)

59 minutes ago, New year revolutions...... said:

I tell you what I would do,if I wanted the money I would take it and bank it and see what the world looks like 6 to10 months from now

Which is exactly what I've done, I was going to build a 3000 sq ft Workshop on my land, I still might, but I won't be even thinking of doing so until around March next year, at which point I will evaluate whether or not to pay it back in lump sum, or use it and repay at 2.5% int.

Meanwhile it is earning me more than 2.5 % ;) 

Edited by Dave2302

Good idea - I would get a few people who are outdoors'y via instagram and offer them a free weekend / midweek deal in exchange for promotion like maybe SAS who Dares contestants or such like ( even better if the celeb version will do for free) and the bookings will fly in.  

Maybe offer a delivery and collection of camper nationwide (outsourced and chargeable) as Justin shows it put him off having to go on a mission just to get it. 

Won't make you millions but will do alright out of it, best of luck with it.

It's basically free  money for 12 months!   Don't get that very often.   Used wisely  should help a lot of  businessess

Many people will / have already lost jobs, just like the virus I recommend slow nervous steps into the new world, just now on the daily update boris has said "there will be many jobs lost with the forthcoming  recession " .

I am putting my foot in the water and testing the temperature before any consideration of loans, it is, after all, very easy to obtain, (too easy)? And at 25% of turnover is great.

• No rush, great consideration before any leaps :)

17 hours ago, Nevillec said:

It's basically free  money for 12 months!   Don't get that very often.   Used wisely  should help a lot of  businessess

Agreed , finally logged into Barclays system yesterday, took about 2 minutes to apply , £50k in the account this morning.

25 minutes ago, Anglo9 said:

Agreed , finally logged into Barclays system yesterday, took about 2 minutes to apply , £50k in the account this morning.

You got a great result then. I've been waiting for contact from Barclays for over a month. Multiple calls/emails etc.......crickets. My relationship with my bank is currently strained to put it mildly.